Graduate Management Training Scheme
Our Graduate Management Training Scheme provides ambitious and high calibre graduates with an entry point into a dynamic and stimulating career in university management and leadership. The two-year programme includes a rotation of four placements across different areas of the University’s Professional Services – such as marketing, operations management and student services - complemented by a tailored training and development package.
We are looking for future leaders and our ideal candidates are intelligent, inquisitive graduates who are passionate about, not only the ideals of the University, but also about the city and the wider region. You should be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- At least a 2.1 in a first degree in any subject or a 2.1 in a first degree and a postgraduate qualification in the past three years;
- A high degree of initiative, resourcefulness, flexibility and a self-motivating approach;
- Good team working skills;
- Ability to think analytically, to apply skills and knowledge in new contexts, and to problem solve by thinking beyond traditional solutions;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through oral and presentational skills as well as excellent writing skills and an aptitude for producing complex reports;
- Resilience and adaptability to work effectively in new environments and with a diverse range of people at different levels of the organisation
Higher Education is a large, global sector, and with over 150 institutions in the UK alone there are a huge range of opportunities. As the environment around us changes, Higher Education is becoming increasingly competitive and fast-moving, making it an exciting and dynamic sector in which to work.
The University of Birmingham’s heritage as the UK’s first civic university – the original ‘redbrick’ – is combined with one of the most compelling and ambitious agendas in Higher Education. We are half-way through a £600 million investment in our beautiful parkland campus including a new Library, a £55 million state-of-the-art Sports Centre and a new ‘Green Heart’ for the University.
As a community of over 145 nationalities, the University is committed to equality and diversity and now holds an Athena Swan Bronze Award and is a Stonewall top 100 employer.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!