The LPC trains you to Masters standard, allowing you to develop an excellent academic understanding in an area of law and practice whilst also providing you with the vocational qualification you need in order to go on to practise as a solicitor.
Why choose our Legal Practice Course?
- Unique - Sheffield is the only Russell Group University in England to offer the LPC.
- Expert - teaching is designed and delivered by qualified solicitors.
- Support - a personal tutor provides individual support throughout your studies.
- Flexible - full-time or part-time study, plus a range of options and electives to tailor the course to your interests.
- Academic - not only the first stage of your professional qualification, our LPC is also a Masters programme.
- Practical - hone your practical legal skills by helping us deliver workshops, competing in client interviewing contests, and hearing directly from the leading firms with whom we have strong links.
- Alumni discount - 10% fee discount for self-financing Sheffield alumni.
Our LPC is respected by the profession and consistently recommended by notable leading national firms for the quality of its teaching. The course is part of a top-ranking Russell Group university within a vibrant city, and yet is small enough to remain personal.
The MA in Legal Practice is very much a hands-on course, using case studies and files based on those used in practice. We ask you to research and acquire knowledge, put that into context, identify issues and place the client at the centre of the problem. Upon completion of this vocational aspect of the course, you then go on submit a dissertation* .
If you decided to take the course part-time, you would only be required to come in for approximately six hours per week - allowing you the rest of your time to gain valuable experience, something which is highly regarded by employers.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!