This course is delivered by specialists, who are engaged in cutting-edge research, and a variety of visiting specialist lecturers, ranging from Hospital Consultants to Senior Biomedical Scientists. These sessions, which specifically focus on developing areas of biomedical science common to all associated disciplines, include recent advances in genetics and immunology, which will equip you with the skills necessary to either complement your clinical laboratory responsibilities if you are currently employed, or to provide you with essential skills needed for seeking future employment or starting a research career. The course is also a suitable stepping-stone for those considering a career in biomedical research.
The course we provide leads to an Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS) accredited MSc Award. As an Institution we have held accredited status for this award for over 25 years, and this is borne out by its continued accreditation by our professional body.
Typical modules may include
- Molecular Genetics & Genomics
- Principles of Integrated Biomedical Science
- Clinical Immunology
- Specialist Module (from Cellular Pathology, Clinical Biochemistry, Haematology or Medical Microbiology)
- Independent Study Module 1 or 2
- Research Methods in Biomedical Science
- Biomedical Science Research Project
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!