Graduate Leadership Programme
Aimed, at ambitious graduate’s eager to work for one of the world’s biggest aerospace companies it will provide you will opportunities and advantages to progress your career as a future business leader.
Did you know that UTC Aerospace Systems employs around 41,000 employees across 150 countries, working at the forefront of technological innovation? Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment on board. From space exploration and defences to today’s more electric, more intelligent more integrated aircraft; our systems make modern flight possible. Now imagine being involved in the management which underpin those systems! The UTC Aerospace Systems Business Leadership Graduate Programme lasts three years, and is designed to find and develop the company’s next generation of leaders.
It’s a programme to give motivated graduates with their eye on the business world the first-hand experience they need to become future leaders at UTC Aerospace Systems.
Interested? To make sure you try as many different roles as you can – and discover exactly what suits you and your talents – you’ll rotate through five core areas:
- Operations Programme Management
- Value Stream Business Analyst
- Supply Chain
You will also have the opportunity to choose a specific area of interest at the end of your programme.
We recognise that your development is key for you to fulfil your potential in the world of work. That’s why we’ve created a programme that will support your learning to deliver real business value though it’s up to you to make the most of it.
You will participate in a comprehensive development process in a variety of financial, operational and analytical areas. And if that is not enough, you will be given an opportunity to commence the journey towards Chartership during the first year of the programme.
You will also undertake a Leadership Programme in your final year. Designed to help you develop your personal leadership skills, you will learn to inspire and lead others by understanding yourself, how you relate to the people you work with and the leadership challenges you face
By the end of the programme, having completed your Graduate Rotation and Functional training, you will have gained an effective understanding of UTC’s business strategies and processes.
We are looking for the best graduates who have the following attributes:
- Graduates in any discipline who have completed their first degree with a minimum of a 2:1 or MSc in 2016, or are due to graduate by September 2018
- Internationally minded – UTAS is a global business so you’ll need a global outlook
- Top analysers – you’ll be handling lots of information and data and you’ll need to make sense of it
- Natural leaders
- Brilliant communicators – you’ll be liaising with many different people
- Motivated and professional at all times
- Super organised with excellent attention to detail
- Great team players!
- Passion to work in aerospace and a real desire to make a difference to our customers and our business
- Ability to quickly understand our environment, and the curiosity and flexibility to work anywhere within Operations
- Strong business acumen, leadership potential and change management capabilities
- The confidence and vision to look at, and challenge, existing ways of working
- Valid passport, geographical mobility, and willingness to spend a period of time living and working overseas
- Fluency in English.
- Starting salary of £30,000
- £2,000 welcome payment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Healthcare and Dental Cover
- Competitive pension scheme
- 185 hours holiday per annum (not including Bank Holidays)
- Access to the UTC Aerospace Systems Employee Scholarship Programme
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!