Graduate Trainee (Contract Optimisation Trainee)
We are resourcing the world. We manufacture green products and green energy using waste, waste water and wasted heat as a resource mine. We provide tailored solutions for industry or municipalities to help them save and preserve resources. We are working hard to create a future in which end-of-life resources are transformed into products that enrich our lives and can power our homes and industry. The circular economy already represents 20% of our turnover and we are constantly developing innovative ways to develop access to, preserve and replenish resources. To achieve our vision; we focus on creating a team with a diverse range of talent that operates in a safe, innovative and sustainable environment in order to promote the green economy and build new markets.
About the role
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a graduate to join the Veolia team as part of the Graduate Development Programme on the Role Specific Stream. The role will be predominantly helping the Service to prepare for the next contract in East Kent to allow us to fully consider our current operations, our future requirements and potential technological advancements.
Your principal responsibilities will be to:
- Record and consider waste presentation rates, route size, attributable tonnages, vehicle utilisation and suitability
- Mapping information collected to create spreadsheets and reports on findings
- Assist the team in creating new collection routes mindful of the opportunity to change collection days in our next potential contract (January ‘21)
- Research, review and recommend technological opportunities utilised within other contracts, other parts of the business and in the wider industry to move away from largely paper based work packages.
About your development
As part of the Graduate Development Programme, you will go through a structured management development programme, undertaking leadership and management modules with your graduate cohort.
About your Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications;
- Degree level qualification in any discipline (2:1 minimum by September 2019)
- IT literate with an interest in new technology
- Ability to create, understand and present relevant data.
- Proactive and self-motivating
- Ability to deal with stakeholders of all types, internal and external to Veolia.
- Ability to work in a team and independently when necessary.
- Full, clean driving licence
You need to be eligible to work in the UK without restriction on beginning employment and be able to take up permanent employment with the company. You’ll also need a full driving license. During the recruitment process you’ll be required to provide original documentation.
Veolia supports the principle of Equality & Diversity in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination.