Internship Programme Technology 2019 Summer
Don’t limit your challenges. Challenge your limits.
Here at Vodafone, we do amazing things to empower everybody to be confidently connected. We provide the largest span of 4G out there - we even put it on the moon! We help with the everyday from making farmers lives easier with mobile money payments or streaming music into a car through the internet of things. As you can imagine, this means that we have a pretty vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people, that makes us a great place to work.
Did you know, we have been recognised in The Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for and The Times Top 50 Employers for Women in 2018? We’ve also been recognised by the Financial Times as having Ethnic Minority role models in 2018.
To apply, you must be enrolled in a relevant undergraduate degree and ideally in your penultimate or final year of studies. You must be in good academic standing and proficiency in English is a must. You also must have the appropriate right to work for the duration of the 10-12 weeks of the programme.
The future is exciting. Ready?
Ready to find out about our programmes? Read on.
You will have the opportunity to work in teams delivering world-leading technology, which empower both Business and Consumer customers around the world, building our digital future. From global IoT Solutions shaping our future environment to networks that are the foundation of entire economies, we’re focused on providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our business customers and communities around the world.
Areas you could find yourself working in:
You will find yourself supporting challenging projects and operations in either our delivery, tech strategy or Business products and services teams.
Our teams focus on various expertise from software engineering, data analytics to cyber security, network engineering or technology project management where you will get the chance to get hands on and test your technical mindset
What’s in it for you
- Working for a world leader in total communications that connects people places and things, improves lives through social inclusion and is striving to halve our environmental impact
- Flexible working and fast paced environment
- Cutting-edge training on-the-job and in the virtual classroom
- World-class mentorship from global thought-leaders
- Having business exposure and accountability from day one
- Being part of a large community of Explore Interns
- Investment in your personal development with forward thinking digital learning opportunities
What to expect
- Placement opportunities in your area of specialism
- Support, training & personal development
- Building technical capabilities in real life scenarios to supplement your knowledge gained at University
- Constant feedback and opportunities to push your boundaries
- Real exposure to technology and the ability to immerse yourself in challenging technical projects
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrate creativity, resilience and adaptability
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and hunger for development
- Passion and aptitude for technology, how things work and the future of digital
- To apply, you must be enrolled in a relevant undergraduate degree and be able to take on a full 10-12 week placement in this coming summer.
- Strong academic performance
- Proficient in English