Internship Programme Finance 2019 Summer
Don’t limit your challenges. Challenge your limits.
Here at Vodafone, we do amazing things to empower everybody to be confidently connected. We provide the largest span of 4G out there - we even put it on the moon! We help with the everyday from making farmers lives easier with mobile money payments or streaming music into a car through the internet of things. As you can imagine, this means that we have a pretty vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people, that makes us a great place to work.
Did you know, we have been recognised in The Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for and The Times Top 50 Employers for Women in 2018? We’ve also been recognised by the Financial Times as having Ethnic Minority role models in 2018.
To apply, you must be enrolled in a relevant undergraduate degree and ideally in your penultimate or final year of studies. You must be in good academic standing and proficiency in English is a must. You also must have the appropriate right to work for the duration of the 10-12 weeks of the programme.
The future is exciting. Ready?
Ready to find out about our programmes? Read on.
It’s not all about the numbers.
At Vodafone our Finance teams are central to decision making throughout the business, whether that’s for our customers or our employees. Finance isn’t just about the numbers anymore; it’s about applying them with a commercial focus. To enhance that focus, you will use your natural analytic ability where you will provide world-class finance support to senior management and key stakeholders, contributing financial expertise to commercial decisions and value oriented support to the business.
You could have the opportunity to have real exposure to a wide variety of finance based activities to help you build on your core skills – whether it's facts and figures, building business cases, management analysis, crafting partnerships or supporting business-critical decisions we can help you learn and explore where your talent lies.
Areas you could find yourself working in:
Commercial Finance, Business Intelligence, Mergers & Acquisitions, Treasury, Investor Relations, Tax, Regional Finance or Finance Operations; just to name a few.
What’s in it for you
- Working for a world leader in total communications that connects people, places, things, improves lives through social inclusion and is striving to halve our environmental impact
- Flexible working and fast paced environment
- Cutting-edge training on-the-job and in the virtual classroom
- World-class mentorship from global thought-leaders
- Having business exposure and accountability from day one
- Being part of a large community of Explore Interns
- Investment in your personal development with forward thinking digital learning opportunities
What to expect
- Placement opportunities in your area of specialism
- Support, training & personal development
- The opportunity to explore in detail one or more of the areas of finance mentioned above
- Constant feedback and opportunities to push your boundaries
- Exposure to a wide variety of finance activities to help you build your understanding of where you wish to take your career
What we’re looking for
- Ability to demonstrate a real passion for all things finance related
- Analytical mind-set with strong attention to detail
- Commercially savvy
- Curiosity and passion for technology, how things work and the future of digital
- Strong academic performance
- To apply, you must be enrolled in a relevant undergraduate degree and be able to take on a full 10-12 week placement in this coming summer.
- Proficient in English