Internship Programme Commercial 2019 Summer
Don’t limit your challenges. Challenge your limits.
Here at Vodafone, we do amazing things to empower everybody to be confidently connected. We provide the largest span of 4G out there - we even put it on the moon! We help with the everyday from making farmers lives easier with mobile money payments or streaming music into a car through the internet of things. As you can imagine, this means that we have a pretty vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people, that makes us a great place to work.
Did you know, we have been recognised in The Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for and The Times Top 50 Employers for Women in 2018? We’ve also been recognised by the Financial Times as having Ethnic Minority role models in 2018.
To apply, you must be enrolled in a relevant undergraduate degree and ideally in your penultimate or final year of studies. You must be in good academic standing and proficiency in English is a must. You also must have the appropriate right to work for the duration of the 10-12 weeks of the programme.
The future is exciting. Ready?
Ready to find out about our programmes? Read on.
In joining the Commercial team here at Vodafone you will support our people in strengthening our position as an admired company in the eyes of our customers, shareholders and employees! The team is broad; you could be working within Brand, Marketing, Consumer Services, Terminals, M-Pesa or Customer Experience Operations. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
Areas you could be working in:
- Marketing and Brand - Ensuring our marketing and brand strategy is fit for purpose and has our customer at the centre is key. Specific areas you can work on include Customer Value Management (CVM), Brand campaigns, Segments or Digital Marketing.
- Customer Experience and Operations - You’ll become involved in every aspect of our multi-channel customer experience, from retail stores to our Vodafone app and website, ensuring that we deliver the best user experience to our customers.
- Products and Services - The P&S team is responsible for developing numerous products for our consumers, from negotiating the latest handsets, to new and exciting products from our Consumer IOT portfolio.
- Other teams: Partner Markets, M-Pesa, Strategy and Innovation, Customer Experience Excellence, Unified Communications and others!
What’s in it for you
- Working for a world leader in total communications that connects people places and things, improves lives through social inclusion and is striving to halve our environmental impact
- Flexible working and fast paced environment
- Cutting-edge training on-the-job and in the virtual classroom
- World-class mentorship from global thought-leaders
- Having business exposure and accountability from day one
- Being part of a large community of Explore Interns
- Investment in your personal development with forward thinking digital learning opportunities
What to expect
- Placement opportunities in your area of specialism
- Support, training & personal development
- The opportunity to gain exposure to all the inner workings of our commercial teams, helping you build a strong understanding of what impact they can have on business success.
- Constant feedback and opportunities to push your boundaries
- The chance to learn from industry leading professionals
What we’re looking for
- International mind-set and interest in global business
- Demonstrate creativity and adaptability
- Passion for delivering brilliant customer service and commercial savviness
- Good communication skills
- To apply, you must be enrolled in a relevant undergraduate degree and be able to take on a full 10-12 week placement in this coming summer.
- A good academic performance
- Proficient in English