Graduate Discover Programme - Business
Don’t limit your challenges. Challenge your limits.
Here at Vodafone, we do amazing things to empower everybody to be confidently connected. We provide the largest span of 4G out there - we even put it on the moon! We help with the everyday from making farmers lives easier with mobile money payments or streaming music into a car through the internet of things. As you can imagine, this means that we have a pretty vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people, that makes us a great place to work.
Did you know, we have been recognised in The Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for and The Times Top 50 Employers for Women in 2018? We’ve also been recognised by the Financial Times as having Ethnic Minority role models in 2018.
To apply, you must have recently graduated (within one year) or be in your final year of study and have a good academic performance. Proficiency in English is a must.
The future is exciting. Ready?
Ready to find out about our programmes? Read on.
Our business graduate programme focuses on Vodafone’s Enterprise teams which help global businesses across the world to meet all of their digital communication needs. In this area you will work in partnership with customers, building key relationships to transform their businesses; connecting the right technical product or service from our word class portfolio, to the right people in the right place.
The business programme has a core focus on our world class sales organisation. Whether it be leading on solutions relating to the Internet of Things, Cloud and Security services, Connectivity, Unified Communications, or indeed Global Carrier Services, you learn from and work with sales teams who are force to be reckoned with and bring our total communications portfolio springing into life. They are the reason our business customers can expect to succeed in the digital world.
Alongside this focus and to broaden graduates experience, exposure and skills you will also undertake placements in a variety of other possible roles during the two years, all with a core focus on business customers. This will give you a rounded view of the business and ensure you have a strong foundation to build your career. These placements could be in some of our enabling functions (Transformation, Strategy, HR, Marketing) as well as our Enterprise Operations team who make the ‘in-life’ service experience for each and every Global customer, a memorable one!
What’s in it for you
- Working for a world leader in total communications that connects people places and things, improves lives through social inclusion and is striving to halve our environmental impact
- Investment in your digital, sales & professional development
- Learning from industry experts and having real accountability from day one
- Being part of a global community of graduates
What to expect
- 2 x 6-month rotations and 1 x one-year placement with a core focus on Business to business Sales and supplementary placements in areas such Operations, HR, Marketing, transformation and strategy
- Cutting-edge training on-the-job and in the virtual classroom
- World-class mentors from global thought-leaders
- Constant feedback and opportunities to push your boundaries
- Flexible working and fast paced environment
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrate creativity, resilience and adaptability
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and hunger for development
- International mind-set and interest in global business
- Customer focused and commercial savviness with
- Strong ability to build effective relationships quickly with high emotional intelligence
- Curiosity and passion for technology, how things work and the future of digital
- Strong academic performance
- Recently graduated (bachelor’s or master’s) within one year
- Proficient in English
If you think this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Start date: September 2019
Duration of Programme: 2 years – rotational placement programme with three placements
Location: Various UK locations. The majority of rotations will be based in our Newbury HQ campus with a few across London. You must have the right to work in the UK during and beyond the graduate programme.
Requirement: 2.1 (or equivalent) in chosen degree (achieved or on track to achieve). We look for graduates with a related degree with a preference for degrees in, but not limited to, Business management, International business, Economics, Business analytics, Marketing & Sales and Psychology
As part of your application, you will be required to answer additional pre-screening questions to fully complete your application, so please look out for the follow up email.