Operations Management Graduate
As Britain’s number 1 choice in bread and the second largest grocery brand in Britain we’ve come a long way since our humble beginnings in 1876. With a heritage of over 140 years we now produce more than 2 million products a day, employing over 4500 people across 12 UK Bakeries and 14 depots. With innovative new products such as Gluten free, Thins and catchy advertising campaigns with Sylvester Stallone and the Muppets, we continue to move forward. Still proud to be a family owned business 2016 sees us ranking in the Sunday Times best big companies to work for.
This year we are looking for Graduates to join us at our sites in Burnley, Eastwood and Bolton, however with the potential to be placed at any one of our UK Bakeries. Join our Operations Management Graduate Programme and see your career Rise
Our 2 year bespoke Graduate Programme gives you a full taste of what it’s like to be in a fast paced FMCG business. It’s a great way to learn about Operations Management in a Manufacturing and Distribution environment, to help you decide which career path you want to go down.
In year 1 you will gain a flavour for Manufacturing where you will take on several placements around a bakery .Here you will take on real roles, from taking on an operator role on shift work, learning the technical side of the business, health and safety and food standards to product innovation.
In year 2 you will gain a hunger for Distribution where you will take on real roles, from going out on early starts with the drivers to learning the depot management, route planning and supply chain demands as well as spending time with the retail sales representatives to learn how the product gets in to the store
After your 2 years you will have gained a broad understanding of the journey from ingredients to store. Not only will you have taken part in real roles across the company but you will have been helped every step of the way by your own mentor and career coach alongside the structured external management courses we send our Graduates on. This 2 year programme sees you ready for roles such as Bakery Team Leader or Depot Manager and brings you one step closer to being our next future General Manager of one of our UK sites
Recipe for success
- You will have a 2.1 degree (or equivalent) ideally in Engineering, Food Science, Business, Operations Management, logistics , Sciences or similar.
- An understanding or keen interest in understanding a food manufacturing and distribution environment with a hands on approach
- Well-developed interpersonal, analytical and commercial skills
- Geographically mobile, be flexible around location and be able to work variable shift patterns. Due to the business needs you will be placed at the site we think will be most suitable for you, this may not be your closest site and relocation will be supported if applicable.
- £25,000 - £27000 starting salary with yearly increases.
- 25 days annual holiday
- Discretional profit share
- Relocation support if applicable
- High street retail discounts including gym membership discounts.
If this sounds like you, then Apply Now ready for our October 2017 intake. Assessment centres will be held in January and February 2017.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!