12 month General Operations Internship
As Britain’s number 1 choice in bread and the second largest grocery brand in Britain we’ve come a long way since our humble beginnings in 1876. With a heritage of over 140 years we now produce more than 2 million products a day, employing over 4500 people across 12 UK Bakeries and 14 depots. With innovative new products such as Gluten free, Thins and catchy advertising campaigns with Sylvester Stallone and the Muppets, we continue to move forward. Still proud to be a family owned business 2016 sees us ranking in the Sunday Times best big companies to work for.
Internships will be placed at any one of our UK bakeries so please check out our bakery locations on our website. Potential interns will be placed ideally at their closest site
Our 12 month Internship Programme gives you a real flavour of what it’s like to be in a fast paced FMCG business. It’s a great way to learn about Operations Management in a Manufacturing and Distribution environment and to help you decide which career path is right for you.
The Internship will get you preforming real roles at one of our sites covering some of the areas involved in Manufacturing and Distribution. Here you will take on roles, such as a Bakery Operative on shift work, learning the technical side of the business, health and safety and food standards. You will also cover off Distribution and work in some of the key functions across the department, from warehouse to delivery.
After your 12 months you will have gained a basic understanding of some of the key areas of the Operations side of the business. Having worked in a variety of roles this will give you a hands on experience and a better insight into the fast paced world of FMCG. All this will set you off to a flying start to prepare for a 2 year graduate programme once your university studies are complete.
Recipe for success
- You will be on course for a 2.1 degree (or equivalent) ideally in Engineering, Food Science, Business, Operations Management, logistics , Sciences or similar.
- An understanding or keen interest in understanding a food manufacturing and distribution environment with a hands on approach
- The ambition to join a graduate scheme once your university study is complete.
- Well-developed interpersonal, analytical and commercial skills
- Geographically mobile and be able to work variable shift patterns.
- £16,500 annual Salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- High street retail discounts including gym membership discounts.
- A head start on qualifying for one of our graduate programmes
If this sounds like you, then Apply Now ready for our August 2017 intake. Assessment centres will be held in January and February 2017
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!