At WARC we work with the global advertising industry to make smarter, more effective marketing. We’re the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, offering unbiased advice on almost any advertising and marketing issue.
We’re a brand full of smart people who are genuinely interested in the world’s most effective advertising, as well as the agencies and clients who make it. We’re proud of the reputation WARC has in the industry, striving to be excellent at everything we do.
WARC is a part of the Ascential group. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
We’re looking for a Research Assistant to join our team in London and become an integral park of our Research function.
This is a multifaceted role, ideal for a graduate enthused by working with data and looking to work on research specialising in advertising and media. You will be part of the research team at an independent and objective digital publisher relied on by the marketing, advertising, media, research and academic communities.
At the heart of the company’s offering is its premium online marketing intelligence service encompassing material from more than 96 countries. The research team provide survey-based research carried out independently and with partners, benchmarking tools for the advertising industry, and produce the annual WARC Rankings; highly-regarded barometers of the most effective and creative advertising being carried out.
This is a unique role for someone who wants to innovate within a globally respected digital business and make their mark in the marketing community worldwide.
- Processing and verifying award advertising show win lists throughout the year, the data from which powers our annual rankings.
- Cleaning, sorting and querying databases to ensure data quality and to extract information.
- Building surveys on a range of advertising topics, managing data collection and charting resulting data.
- Assisting on multiple aspects of research content releases, from planning through to report production.
- Writing case study summaries and commentary on research and rankings data.
- Proofreading copy and sense-checking content produced by the wider Research team.
- Assisting with the production process for research content, including working within the WARC content management system to publish reports.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required
- You are a recent graduate or young professional fascinated by the work of online research & online advertising and what it means to businesses and consumers.
- You are comfortable manipulating large data sets and have a keen eye for identifying inconsistencies and pulling trends out of data.
- Good writing skills will be essential to your success in this role.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint or InDesign skills, and basic HTML would be a bonus.
- A background in qualitative research or within the advertising industry would be a distinctive advantage. You are bright and engaging and have got a good academic record or demonstrable skill set.