At WARC we work with the global advertising industry to make smarter, more effective marketing. We’re the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, offering unbiased advice on almost any advertising and marketing issue.
We’re a brand full of smart people who are genuinely interested in the world’s most effective advertising, as well as the agencies and clients who make it. We’re proud of the reputation WARC has in the industry, striving to be excellent at everything we do.
WARC is a part of the Ascential group. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Data Analyst to join our team in London and become an integral part of our Data Content function.
This is a multifaceted role, ideal for a graduate enthused by data and looking to work on research specialising in advertising and media. You will be part of the data team at an independent and objective digital publisher relied on by the marketing, advertising, media, research and academic communities.
At the heart of the company’s offering is its premium online marketing intelligence service encompassing written and empirical material from 96 countries. The data team provide authoritative trends and forecasts of advertising expenditure for all major economies, which are used by media researchers worldwide.
Increasingly, they also work on research projects and other data products that track developments in media consumption and marketing investment.
- Processing and verifying advertising and media-related data from 96 countries
- Querying databases to extract information
- Writing articles and summary reports based on insights within the database
- Constantly communicating with the team to rebalance current work plan and priorities
- Proofreading copy and sense-checking WARC’s automated charting systems
- Forecasting future trends in advertising investment and media consumption
- Overseeing aspects of data collection from WARC’s international partners
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required
- You are a recent graduate or young professional fascinated by the work of online research & online advertising and what it means to businesses and consumers.
- You are comfortable with large data sets and consider yourself an expert in pulling insight / trends out of data.
- Excellent copywriting skills are essential
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint or InDesign skills, basic HTML
- Superb organisational abilities.
- A background in economics will be a distinctive advantage.
- You are bright and engaging and have got a good academic record or demonstrable skill set.