Developments Management Graduate programme
Wates Developments is an industry expert in land, planning and joint venture developments. Our Developments Graduate programme will allow you to draw on these expertise and work towards a becoming a Senior Land & Planning Manager
You will be expected to engage in on the job training in key elements of Land & Planning, including for example Finance, Legal, Risk, SHE Policy and Projects.
As a member of the developments team your overall responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Projects and Land team in the appraisal, management, purchase and disposal of land in line with the Wates Developments Business Plan.
- Building knowledge and understanding of the Wates Developments budget, forecast and business plan
- Developing a basic understanding of Wates Group SHE policies and best practice relevant to Wates Developments
- Working towards becoming a subject matter expert in the field of politics, localism, and issues surrounding land & planning
- Developing an understanding of people & leadership skills, interaction and networking by attending landowner, agent, professional and local authority meetings
Some of the specific tasks you may undertake are:
- Contribute to quarterly updates of financial appraisals of portfolio sites and the preparation of reports and forecasts to assist in the general administration of the business
- Reviewing sites that sit within the property portfolio and identify those sites with development potential.
- Build relationships and establish regular contact with planning and other built environment professionals
- Provide support with different types of land deals with particular emphasis on option agreements, unconditional contracts and legal documents associated with HBJVs
- Involvement in due diligence in terms of planning, legal, technical and sales for acquisition approvals
We accept graduates with/expecting at least a 2:1 in a property related degree (MRTPI or RICS accredited) and a minimum of a grade B (or 5) in Maths and English GCSE.
We recruit on a first come first serve basis. This means the earlier you submit your application the more chance you have of securing a position on one of our programmes.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!