Production Management Undergraduate Year-out Programme
Our Production Management year-out placement programme is an important step in learning about the role of Site or Project Managers.
You will be expected to engage in on the job training in key elements of construction, including for example design, engineering, planning, health and safety, building services and commercial.
As a member of the construction team your overall responsibilities will include:
- Contributing knowledge and skills to the delivery of the project on time, on budget and to the required quality.
- Promoting and upholding Wates’ reputation for providing the highest standards of site safety, health and welfare and protection of the environment.
- Working with our supply chain and surveyors to protect Wates’ commercial position and the potential for profit and repeat business.
- Developing good working relationships with the client, design team and supply chain by promoting best practice throughout the whole construction process.
Some of the specific tasks you may undertake are:
- Assisting Section, Site and Project Managers with various packages.
- Administration of site drawings and accurate site records.
- Co-ordinating direct labour and checking weekly worksheets.
- Monitoring costs and budgets.
- Producing and monitoring site programmes.
All you need is a passion to develop your career in Construction and studying towards a construction related degree and on track to receive a 2:1 classification.
If successful, you may be eligible to join our graduate programme on completion of your degree.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!