Building Services Undergraduate Year-out Programme
Our Building Services Engineering year-out placement programme is an important step in learning about the role of Building Services Managers. You will be expected to engage in on the job training in key elements of construction, including mechanical and electrical engineering, design, planning, health and safety, operations and commercial.
As a member of the Building Services Engineering team your overall responsibilities will include:
- Contributing knowledge and skills to the delivery of the project on time, on budget and to the required quality.
- Developing your understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering services and its impact on the project and end user.
- Promoting and upholding Wates’ reputation for providing the highest standards of site safety, health and welfare and protection of the environment.
- Working with our supply chain and surveyors to protect Wates’ commercial position and the potential for profit and repeat business.
- Developing good working relationships with the client, site team and supply chain by promoting best practice throughout the whole construction process.
Some of the specific tasks you may undertake are:
- Assisting Site / Section Managers with various M&E packages.
- Administration of site drawings and accurate site records.
- Building relationships with on-site team and sub-contractors.
- Monitoring costs and budgets.
A passion for construction is key for this opportunity but we are also looking for people who are:
Currently studying towards your Building Services Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree, and working towards achieving a 2:1 in your degree as well as a minimum of a grade B (or 5) in Maths and English GCSE.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!