Quantity Surveying Management Trainee Programme with Wates Smartspace
At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
Our Smartspace Business
Our Smartspace business delivers high-quality fit-out, refurbishment and maintenance services, developing smart solutions to optimise the performance of our customers operating environments. We deliver a variety of projects including commercial offices, broadcasters, retail, airports, developers, banks, distribution centres and public sector premises.
Do you enjoy working with numbers? Want to manage the finances of multi-million-pound projects? Then our Quantity Surveying Management Programme may be the pathway for you.
The commercial, Quantity Surveying teams within Wates are largely responsible for the contractual and financial management of a project. A combination of law, business and finance skills are used to manage relationships with key stakeholders including clients, designers, subcontractors and suppliers. Our commercial teams play a vital role in the construction of our projects.
As a Wates Quantity Surveying trainee, you will be involved in assisting with:
• Procurement and payment of sub-contractors
• Preparing tender and contract documents
• Producing commercial reports
• Ensuring that our projects are financially viable
• Safeguarding our commercial position
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme:
• We support you all the way through to Chartership whether school, college leaver or graduate
• Competitive industry pay
• We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
• You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
• You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
What we're looking for
• Genuine interest in our Smartspace business
• Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
• Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2019, this will be a condition of offer
Graduate Scheme: 2:1 Degree in any discipline (including a Grade B in Maths GCSE)
Year Out Placement: On track to achieving a 2:1 Degree in a Construction related subject
Pease note, this role involves placements both on site and with office based teams. We have opportunities available in Warrington and Luton with regular national travel.