Wates Business Management Trainee Programme
At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
Wates Living Space
Our Living Space business is one of the UK’s leading housing maintenance providers, delivering planned, responsive maintenance solutions across the UK for local authority and housing association partners. We understand that our work can make a significant and lasting impact in the communities we operate within. Our business supports the regeneration of communities and helps to improve living standards for tenants, breathing new life in to their properties and creating places that people are proud to call their home.
As a Wates Living Space Business Management Trainee, you will be given the opportunity to gain an understanding and develop your knowledge of the core Living Space business. You will support key functions on a rotational basis to ensure you develop a full and rounded overview of the Living Space business and you will gain knowledge in:
• Work Winning – developing your understanding and skills in preparing tenders, engaging with potential clients and gaining an appreciation of our client needs
• Site Management – working with the project delivery team and gaining experience on our site, with residents and our customers
• Commercial – supporting commercial teams to ensure projects are commercially strong and ensuring accurate business reporting
• The programme also incorporates two other rotations for example, Finance & Reporting, IT systems or Client Services
On completion of the programme, you will be able to develop your career with one of our functions within Living Space and start to work towards Chartership with the relevant professional institute.
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
• We support you all the way through to Chartership whether school, college leaver or graduate
• Competitive industry pay
• We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
• You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
• You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
What we're looking for
• Genuine interest in our Living Space business
• Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
• Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2019, this will be a condition of offer
Graduate Scheme: 2:1 Degree in any discipline (including a Grade B in Maths GCSE)
Please note, this role involves placements both on site and with office based teams. We have opportunities available in London and Birmingham with regular national travel.