Estimating Management Trainee Programme with Wates Construction
At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
Our Construction Business
Wates Construction specialises in maximising value by finding the most intelligent and creative ways to deliver outstanding buildings. We deliver projects in a range of sectors including, government, commercial, industrial and historical restoration. The award of Construction News’ Contractor of the Year in 2017 is a testament to the quality of our projects, our client satisfaction and our approach to the communities in which we work.
Are you a forward thinker? Want to help us win multi-million-pound contracts? Then our Estimator Management Programme might be the right pathway for you.
Estimators become involved in our projects right from the start. It’s a rewarding profession, allowing you to gain a very rounded experience of all elements and professions within the industry.
As a Wates Estimator trainee, you will be involved in:
• Researching materials, equipment and labour costs
• Gathering quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers
• Assessing the levels of risk on a project
• Analysing company data, exchange rates and prices using software packages
• Preparing and submitting quotations for work
• Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
• We support you all the way through to Chartership whether school, college leaver or graduate
• Competitive industry pay
• We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
• You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
• You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
What we're looking for
• Genuine interest in our Construction business
• Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
• Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2019, this will be a condition of offer
Graduate Scheme: 2:1 Degree in any discipline (including a Grade B in Maths GCSE)
Please note, this role involves placements both on site and with office based teams. We have opportunities available nationally please note all roles include regular travel.