Year Out Building Services Management Trainee Programme with Wates Building Services
At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
Wates Building Services
Wates Building Services (WBS) sits within our Construction business. It is our dedicated in-house mechanical and electrical delivery service specializing in the design and installation of building services and infrastructure solutions covering all aspect of M&E.
If you're interested in design and like putting your analytical and problem-solving skills to the test, then our Building Services Engineering Management Programme may be the pathway for you.
Our Building Services Engineers are responsible, in short, for all the functional characteristics of a building that take it from being an empty shell to becoming a comfortable living space. Tasks can vary from designing the air filtration system in a forensic lab to controlling the temperature and lighting systems in an office to engineering the floodlights in a sports stadium.
As a Wates Building Services Engineer trainee, you will be involved in:
• Advising on cost-effective and energy efficient systems
• Drawing up plans, using computer-aided design and building information modelling software
• Testing systems and making changes to plans where necessary
• Monitoring the installation of services and managing their maintenance once the building is completed
• Making sure all building services meet health and safety requirements and environmental legislation
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
• We support you all the way through to Chartership whether school, college leaver or graduate
• Competitive industry pay
• We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
• You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
• You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
What we're looking for
• Genuine interest in our WBS business
• Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
• Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2019, this will be a condition of offer
Year Out Placement: On track to achieving a 2:1 Degree in a Construction related subject
We have opportunities available nationally please note all roles include regular travel.