Site Management Trainee Programme with Wates Residential Developments
At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
Wates Residential Business
Wates Residential is responding to the needs of its customers by developing housing schemes in partnership with both public and private sector organisations. Our business covers new-build and partnership housing development activities, reaffirming our long-term commitment to deliver more homes, helping to address the UK’s urgent need for new housing.
Are you looking for a role with a mix of being out on site and in the office? Then our Site Management Programme might be the right pathway for you.
Site Managers often find themselves at the heart of our Wates projects. As a Site Management Trainee you will be involved in the following:
• Promoting and upholding Wates reputation for providing the highest standards of site safety, health and welfare and protection of the environment
• Working with our supply chain and surveyors to protect Wates commercial position and the potential for profit and repeat business
• Developing good working relationships with the client, design team and supply chain by promoting best practice throughout the whole construction process
• Developing an understanding in technical practices and sequences on projects
• Contributing knowledge and skills to the delivery of the project on time, on budget and to the required quality
• Ensuring our subcontractors are delivering at the highest standards
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
• We support you all the way through to Chartership whether school, college leaver or graduate
• Competitive industry pay
• We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
• You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
• You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
What we're looking for
• Genuine interest in our Residential Developments business
• Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
• Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2019, this will be a condition of offer
Graduate Scheme: 2:1 Degree in any discipline (including a Grade B in Maths GCSE)
We have opportunities available in the South East; please note all roles include regular travel.