Design Engineering Graduate Programme
At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
Our Construction Business
Wates Construction specialises in maximising value by finding the most intelligent and creative ways to deliver outstanding buildings. We deliver projects in a range of sectors including, government, commercial, industrial and historical restoration. The award of Construction News’ Contractor of the Year in 2017 is a testament to the quality of our projects, our client satisfaction and our approach to the communities in which we work.
As a Design Engineering Management Trainee, you will be involved in:
- Assisting in the production of the Contractors proposals
- Ensuring the project team are working to the agreed Contractor Proposals.
- Liaising with the Design Manager reporting on project design performance
- Assist with reviewing the design process relating to Health and Safety issues prior to construction.
- Coordinate project team comments, and resolve any design related construction queries with the design team.
- Assist in identifying new systems and processes to drive quality, efficiency and save costs
- Plan effectively to ensure projects are delivered on time, to standard and to budget
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
- We support you all the way through to Chartership
- Competitive industry pay
- We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
- You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
What we're looking for
- Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
- Interest in sustainability and wellbeing
- Organised with good attention to detail
- Analytical approach
- Confident working independently and in a team
Graduate Scheme: 2:1 Degree in a related subject (including a Grade B in Maths GCSE)
London with some travel required