Calling all Graduates! Are you ready to kick off your your career in eCommerce? Looking for a fast paced, fun and entrepreneurial environment to develop your skills? Interested in working with a high- growth multinational company in the heart of London? We want to hear from you!
We are on the hunt for a talented and motivated Graduate Junior Buyer to help expand our vendor portfolio and build out product selection across multiple categories including furniture, décor, bath, housewares and DIY. Based in our vibrant London office, this role would suit a college graduate with an outgoing personality and a genuine interest in eCommerce and of course all things home!
Our buyers increase our product selection by identifying new products to sell on Wayfair.de, establishing relationships with external suppliers and partnering with other teams to plan,prioritize and showcase an exciting range of new products. Strong negotiation skills along with relationship building skills are a must for this people focussed position.
We are seeking candidates who want to grow their career in ecommerce and develop into a more senior position with our talented team. As you progress your with Wayfair you will have the opportunity to learn the ropes and then take on more responsibility as you build out your successful track record.
What You'll Do:
- Source new suppliers all across Europe to improve our product selection
- Pitch and promote partnerships with Wayfair for these prospective suppliers
- Fiercely negotiate for favorable buying terms with suppliers (selection, price, and quantity).
- Aim to exceed revenue and margin targets by onboarding these new suppliers.
- Conduct competitive and product category analysis to evaluate market trends, then identify new designers and brands to increase and expand our product selection across all categories.
- Work with the team to develop category strategies to drive revenue and profitability goals.
What we are looking for:
- Graduated from a top university.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A personable, persuasive and energetic communicator, eager to build relationships with new business partners and sell the company’s potential.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage, multi-task and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Ability to ‘hit the ground running’ – we need a self-starter motivated to smash their targets.
- Fluency in one EU language in addition to English is a big plus for this position.
- Prior experience in a sales or negotiation role focused on target quotas is a plus
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with work life balance and a range of benefits.
- A agile and energetic work environment - your progression at Wayfair is based on results not on hours spent in the office.
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program.
- Private medical, dental insurance, pension, gym membership discounts, team pod outings, and more!
- An awesome opportunity to learn about e-commerce from a global top 50 e-retailer.
- Great location in central London
- Fresh fruits, snacks, refreshments and beer Fridays!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!