Category & Business Development Associate
Calling all Graduates! Are you ready to kick off your career in eCommerce. Looking for a fast paced, fun and entrepreneurial environment to develop your skills? Interested in working with a high- growth multinational company in the heart of London? We want to hear from you!
We are searching high and low for our next talented Graduate Category & Business Development Associate to help us grow our business in Europe.
In this role, you will:
- Own C level commercial relationships with suppliers across Europe, negotiating business terms and driving growth.
- Work on and drive business-critical projects to grow both revenue and profitability within your category.
- Collaborate with internal teams as the commercial expert in your area (merchandising, marketing, operations, finance) to advance your category’s business agenda.
- If you have good business acumen, love building partnerships, want to learn or improve savvy negotiation skills and above all are keen to move fast, learn fast and be a critical part of a high growth environment, this position might be for you!
What You'll Do:
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers within a specific Category.
- Drive strategic supplier relationship management. You will be their Wayfair person and own the relationship at C level!
- Manage negotiations with existing suppliers including pricing, annual incentive programs, advertising programs and promotions.
- Conduct regular meetings and calls with suppliers to review the business and promote our Wayfair business goals
- Travel to trade shows with you Category Manager and Director of Category Management (4-6 trips per year).
- Analyse data to strategize profit growth opportunities for the category and suppliers
- Support catalogue expansion by identifying product gaps, prioritising new lines and building direct relationships with potential suppliers
- Analyse competitors’ marketing, selection and pricing, making changes and product scouting as needed
- Collaborate with our talented teams to drive category goals (Inventory Planning, Advertising, Site Merchandising, Supplier Operations, Business Intelligence)
What we are looking for:
- A committed team player with a strong desire to win and to drive collaboration with cross-functional teams and individuals
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A strong desire to take ownership and calculated risk in a fast paced and changing environment
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- An internal hunger to produce great results and execute on an array of initiatives.
- Strong negotiation skills and motivation to meet mutual goals.
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills - you won’t stop until you get to the root cause of problems and implement solutions
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with work life balance and a range of benefits.
- A agile and energetic work environment - your progression at Wayfair is based on results not on hours spent in the office.
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program.
- Private medical, dental insurance, pension, gym membership discounts, team pod outings, and more!
- An awesome opportunity to learn about e-commerce from a global top 50 e-retailer.
- Great location in central London
- Fresh fruits, snacks, refreshments and beer Fridays!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!