The post-holder is responsible for assistance with the maintenance and administration of the college’s IT equipment and facilities, providing on-going technical and development support to staff and students
The duties and responsibilities of this post will include the following:
- Providing maintenance and support to the College network across two sites.
- Providing help, and technical support within the college’s planned infrastructure programme including carrying out hardware and software upgrades and OS roll-outs. Including preparation of Windows master images for regular roll-outs.
- Carry out safety checks to ensure compliance with current relevant health and safety legislation and infrastructure checks as required.
- Providing technical support for the future development of ICT within the college.
- Assisting with the development of the extension of the college’s curricular and extra-curricular provision of computer based learning to all students.
- Participating in staff development activities as directed, including appraisal.
- Be available for after college evenings e.g. parent evenings, open evenings, college productions.
- Being responsible for the computer hardware inventory throughout the college.
- Daily checks of all ICT rooms and keep a written log of work carried out during course day, including damage and conditions of rooms.
- Undertaking other duties and responsibilities as directed by the designated line-manager within reason.
- Help with Invigilation and other duties as required by the line manager.
- Helping staff with setup of morning Assemblies.
- Managing the college VLE and other web-based resources as required.
- Active Directory administration.
- IT/ AV equipment setups as required.
- Regularly updating exam software and assist the exam officer to run online exams smoothly.
- Responding to tickets logged by users in a timely and appropriate manner or as directed by line manager.
- Update and maintain a log/ KB of issues of note for future reference.
- Liaise with third party software providers when required to resolve issues when necessary.
- Source, manage and maintain appropriate levels of IT stock.
- Maintain purchase register as well as manage, audit and asset inventory.
- Hardware repairs of IT equipment where necessary.
- Preparation of IT-related reports and diagrams as necessary.
- Daily backups of the MIS database and other miscellaneous IT tasks.
- Maintenance of a log of tasks to be completed at regular intervals.
This job description is subject to amendment, and will be reviewed from time to time and modified in light of the post-holders career development and changing needs of the college. The prospective candidate may be required to temporarily take over the role of colleagues during absences or holidays and full training will be provided for this.
Candidates are asked to indicate on their application the ability to meet the following criteria:
- A+, N+ and MCP qualifications desirable.
- Have some experience with interactive white board systems, PCs and Macs.
- Have previous experience of troubleshooting computer systems, audio visual equipment and competent with video editing skills.
- Be up to date with the current Health and Safety Legislation.
- Be able to work independently and prioritise tasks using their own initiative.
- Have a flexible and enthusiastic approach to their work and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
The position will initially be required until the 31st January 2019, with the possibility of extending the contract.
Candidates who will be invited for interview will be notified by email only.
Please note: The CV will only be accepted in a Word format attached to the contact email address.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!