Investment Consulting Graduate Programme - Analyst
Before you apply, please refer to the ‘Selection Process’ area of our Graduate website for tips and advice around and how to be successful in your application with us.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
Our sophisticated approach to risk helps clients free up capital. We work in close concert with investors, reinsurers, and insurers to manage the equation between risk and return. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to maximize performance.
The Investment consulting industry has evolved rapidly over recent years. The increasing complexity of investment decision-making means our clients need specialist services and specialist advice. We have built our business on deep areas of specialist expertise and our service is distinguished by a proactive, research-led approach. As a leading investment consultancy, we help organisations manage investment complexity, establish risk tolerance and improve governance.
You will work as part of a team on a wide variety of complex projects. You will serve as a key resource for the consultant in charge of each of your engagements by performing many intricate aspects of the client work.
As you grow and gain more expertise, you will become a key contact for the client. You will work alongside some of the industry’s top consultants on client projects including many household names while you progress towards qualifying as an actuary or obtaining the CFA qualification.
The world has seen tremendous shifts over recent years and investment is no exception. Graduates play an important role in helping us adapt to this world. You will work in one or more of the following teams:
- Defined Benefit (DB) – you will advise clients how to design, implement and monitor an investment strategy that helps them achieve their goal of paying pension benefits.
- Defined Contribution (DC) – you will advise clients how to design, implement and monitor an investment strategy that helps their defined contribution scheme members accumulate returns.
- Delegated Investment Services (DIS) – you will invest pension assets for clients who feel that outsourcing their investment strategy to Willis Towers Watson is the best way to meet their goals.
- Structured Products (SP) – as a member of the hedging specialist team, you will advise clients how to use derivatives to manage their risk.
We encourage graduates to develop a broad range of technical and soft skills. This breadth of knowledge across the entire investment spectrum will allow you to identify which topics you find most interesting and explore them further. While we only hire graduates into the above teams, you may find later opportunities to work in other parts of the business, such as Manager Research or Wealth Management.
Learning and development
We are committed to providing continuous professional development to all of our employees. For graduates specifically, we provide:
- A multi-day induction where you can learn what our business does, what resources are available, and who the other new graduates are
- A series of investment-specific classroom trainings (both technical and soft-skills)
- On-the-job experiences allowing you to see the immediate impact of your work
- A formal mentorship programme in addition to your individual people manager
- Rotation opportunities (between teams and/or regions)
- An on-demand and comprehensive catalogue of online skills training
- Quarterly analyst-specific business updates
We will continue to provide additional support for you throughout your career.
Graduates also receive a highly competitive study support package for Actuarial or CFA exams. This package includes:
- Study materials and tutorials
- Exam sitting fees (and one re-sit per exam)
- Paid study leave (one of the highest amounts in the industry)
- Membership fees
- Salary increases for exam success (on top of potential increases awarded as part of annual review)
As a minimum when applying you should meet our entry criteria:
- 2:1 Degree in any discipline and 300 UCAS points (across 3 'A' levels or equivalent),
- For applicants looking to qualify as an actuary, A level Maths may be required
- For some roles we will look for a 2:1 Degree in a numerate or semi-numerate discipline and 300 UCAS points (across 3 ‘A’ levels)
Start date for the UK Graduate Programme will be at the end of August 2017
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!