Investment Intern Programme
Before you apply, please refer to the ‘Selection Process’ area of our Graduate website for tips and advice around and how to be successful in your application with us.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
Our sophisticated approach to risk helps clients free up capital. We work in close concert with investors, reinsurers, and insurers to manage the equation between risk and return. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to maximize performance.
The Investment consulting industry has evolved rapidly over recent years. The increasing complexity of investment decision-making means our clients need specialist services and specialist advice. We have built our business on deep areas of specialist expertise and our service is distinguished by a proactive, research-led approach. As a leading investment consultancy, we help organisations manage investment complexity, establish risk tolerance and improve governance.
Our 6 week Intern Programme is designed for penultimate year students.
An Internship at Willis Towers Watson will give you valuable real-world experience while you are still a student. It will enable you to apply your education in an environment that is both intellectually challenging and rewarding. At the end of your time with us, you will have a greater understanding of what we do and how closely our career offerings match your career ambitions.
You will be treated in the same way as our new graduates receiving the same quality and quantity of work. It is the perfect opportunity to understand what you could expect if you joined our graduate programme the following year.
You will work as part of a team on a wide variety of complex projects. You will serve as a key resource for the consultant in charge of each of your engagements by performing many intricate aspects of the client work.
The world has seen tremendous shifts over recent years and investment is no exception. Interns play an important role in helping us adapt to this world. You will work in one or more of the following teams:
- Defined Benefit (DB) – you will advise clients how to design, implement and monitor an investment strategy that helps them achieve their goal of paying pension benefits.
- Defined Contribution (DC) – you will advise clients how to design, implement and monitor an investment strategy that helps their defined contribution scheme members accumulate returns.
- Delegated Investment Services (DIS) – you will invest pension assets for clients who feel that outsourcing their investment strategy to Willis Towers Watson is the best way to meet their goals.
- Structured Products (SP) – as a member of the hedging specialist team, you will advise clients how to use derivatives to manage their risk.
As a minimum when applying you should meet our entry criteria:
- 2:1 Degree in any discipline and 300 UCAS points (across 3 'A' levels or equivalent),
- For applicants looking to qualify as an actuary, A level Maths may be required
- For some roles we will look for a 2:1 Degree in a numerate or semi-numerate discipline and 300 UCAS points (across 3 ‘A’ levels)
Start date for the UK Intern Programme will be the end of June 2017.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!