Investment Consulting Intern Programme - Analyst
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential.
Our sophisticated approach to risk helps clients free up capital. We work in close concert with investors, reinsurers, and insurers to manage the equation between risk and return. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to maximize performance.
The Investment business aims to create sustainable competitive advantage for clients in their investment portfolios. This is delivered to clients by providing expert advice on their investments and decision-making processes, making investment decisions on their behalf through delegated investment services and providing investment tools.
Our clients are a diverse range of institutional investors, including large pension funds, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, foundations and family offices. As a trusted partner to over 1,200 clients, we advise on over $2.2 trillion of global assets and have discretion over more than $75 billion of assets globally.
Clients require portfolios that are tailored to their goals, are cost effective and deliver strong returns with controlled risk. As an innovative firm with multi-asset capability and a fiduciary mindset, the team can change the way clients govern themselves and invest as well as influence the way the investment industry operates – our ethos is ‘Changing Investment for the Better.’
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Closing Date: 28th February 2018
Location: Leeds, South East (includes London & Reigate)
Our 8 week Intern Programme is designed for penultimate year students.
An Internship at Willis Towers Watson will give you valuable real-world experience while you are still a student. It will enable you to apply your education in an environment that is both intellectually challenging and rewarding. At the end of your time with us, you will have a greater understanding of what we do and how closely our career offerings match your career ambitions.
You will be treated in the same way as our new graduates receiving the same quality and quantity of work. It is the perfect opportunity to understand what you could expect if you joined our graduate programme the following year.
You will be part of a collaborative team, working alongside some of the industry’s top consultants. You will work on a wide variety of projects working for sophisticated clients, including many household names.
The investment business offers a range of career paths to suit individual skills and interests. Whether your career path focuses on deep research of global asset classes, managing risk through sophisticated modelling, improving investment outcomes though expert advice or implementing innovative investment solutions, you will be supported in achieving either a CFA or Actuarial qualification.
You will work in one or more of the following teams:
- Defined Benefit (DB) – you will manage client relationships to offer best-in-class advice or solutions to address a range of investment matters ranging from investment strategy, liability hedging and manager structure through to performance and manager monitoring.
- Defined Contribution (DC) – you will advise clients on the design, implementation, communication and monitor of their defined contribution scheme.
- Delegated Investment Services (DIS) – you will provide solutions to institutional clients that enhance their governance and allow them to construct best-in-class investment portfolios. The team works with specialist teams to construct and implement efficient investment portfolios that will achieve a client’s given risk and return objectives.
- Structured Products (SP) – as a member of the hedging specialist team, you will advise clients how to use derivatives to manage their risk of pension fund liabilities.
- Emerging Business Lines (EBL) – you will be part of a specialist client consulting team. The team provides advice and solutions services to insurance companies across Europe and the Middle East and provides investment and management consulting services to state and sovereign funds, endowments, foundations and family offices across a range of regions.
- Specialist Portfolio Solutions (SPS) – you will focus on generating growth for the business by creating, delivering, and servicing six areas of investments. Our solutions are delivered via mandates as well as pooled fund vehicles, providing clients flexibility in terms of how they wish to implement depending on their specific circumstances.
- Manager Research – you will use research techniques to form a view on the skill of investment managers. The team research a wide range of investment areas on a global basis. These include equities, bonds, property, hedge funds and private equity. However this list is constantly evolving as new areas develop.
Minimum 2:1 degree in a numerate discipline and 128 UCAS points (2017 tariff) or equivalent qualification.
- For applicants looking to qualify as an actuary, A-Level Maths may be required
- For some roles we will look for a 2:1 Degree in a numerate or semi-numerate discipline and 128 UCAS points (across 3 ‘A’ levels)
Start date for the UK Intern Programme will be the end of June 2018.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!