Software Development Intern Programme - Analyst
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential.
In Insurance Consulting we advise and provide solutions to insurance companies on the assessment and management of risk. Our client base includes more than three-quarters of the world's leading insurers. Whether in life or property and casualty insurance. However, we are increasingly being called upon as risk specialists across a variety of industries.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Closing Date: 28th February 2018
Our 8 week Intern Programme is designed for penultimate year students.
An Internship at Willis Towers Watson will give you valuable real-world experience while you are still a student. It will enable you to apply your education in an environment that is both intellectually challenging and rewarding. At the end of your time with us, you will have a greater understanding of what we do and how closely our career offerings match your career ambitions.
You will be treated in the same way as our new graduates receiving the same quality and quantity of work. It is the perfect opportunity to understand what you could expect if you joined our graduate programme the following year. The role of the Software Solutions team is to deliver new software to business clients and the many hundreds of internal consultant users in the Risk Consulting and Software Line of Business. As a Software Engineering graduate the role is intentionally varied and will involve you discussing functionality with consultants, proposing solutions and generating prototypes, understanding and coding algorithms ensuring that time and memory constraints are satisfied, iterating User Interfaces and researching new technologies and tools.
You will be involved in all aspects of professional software development using the latest tools and techniques to deliver complex software of the highest quality. This includes but is not limited to...
- Understanding what our clients need and how to solve those needs
- Developing high performance software using various technologies on multiple platforms
- Creating an engaging user experience through clean and crisp user interfaces
- Delivering quality through the use of the latest test and automation techniques Deployment to complex client IT infrastructures.
- This is all done within small agile teams that collaboratively contribute to the effective delivery of quality software.
- You will learn how software is produced and experience all aspects of today’s industry best practices.
Career Path & Qualification
As a graduate at Willis Towers Watson you have a world of opportunity ahead of you. As a software engineer you will drive your own career progression, moving into software architecture, project management or progressing through education, training and experience to become a subject matter expert in software development.
We offer graduates the flexibility to study towards a range of qualifications from both technical and business disciplines depending on the needs of the business and individuals.
Minimum 2:1 degree in a Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical or analytic discipline with a reasonable understanding of Mathematics is required and 128 UCAS points (2017 tariff) or equivalent qualifications.
It would also be an advantage to possess the following skills:
- Experienced in the breadth of the software development lifecycle, with the flexibility to work from architecture decisions to system level testing
- Experience of writing software in an object oriented mainstream language (C#, C++, Java)
- Appreciation of current and emerging technologies
- Appreciation of algorithm and software performance.
Start date for the UK Intern Programme will be the end of June 2018.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!