"A down-to-earth firm with people who want to see you succeed...."
- The firm’s emphasis on teamwork leads to a friendly and collaborative culture.
- Trainees get high-quality work from the beginning of their contract.
- The close-knit trainee community provides a good support network in the training contract’s initial stages.
- Trainee retention is high in all offices.
- The seat allocation process could be improved in terms of transparency.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive in the market.
- While many supervisors are active and helpful, this is not the case for all of them.
- Some departments have unavoidably long hours.
What insiders say about...
"I came through the vac scheme route. To get on the vac scheme, you had to complete..."
"Little hierarchy, great team spirit, friendly and approachable."
"Sometimes training sessions are poorly scheduled and the sessions would be more useful..."
"You can get feedback and mentoring, but I find that you need to ask for it, and potentially..."
"The offices are based in great locations and have all the facilities you need. The..."
"There can be long hours at times but it is not excessive for the type of work we..."
"We're slightly underpaid given our position in Manchester and the hours we work...."
"The best perks include the variety of events to get involved in at the firm; from..."
"There was a paper application, an assessment centre, a two week vacation scheme and..."
"Why commercial law? Why the firm? Where do you see yourself in ten years' time?"
"The firm's green initiatives are not something that I am really aware of."
"The firm is committed to this and runs the Flourish programme for women. We have..."
"This can vary greatly between departments but I've found that, if you ask for the..."
"The firm runs legal advice clinics in collaboration with local universities, which..."
"The people are amazing, even up to partner level, everyone is so approachable. The..."
"Some departments have an element of face-time and there can be little transparency..."
"I spoke to members of the graduate team and trainees at open days/events which encouraged..."
"Everyone who wants to stay on in Manchester has got a position, with one exception..."
"In June 2019 we opened our first continental European office in Hamburg."
"Fun, collaborative and down to earth."
"They run an access scheme and the firm is very welcoming of all!"
"There are occasions when I have felt a little swamped with work but the support is..."
"Although the firm does seem to be working on this, it would be ideal if there were..."