"A great place to start your legal career."
- The firm’s emphasis on teamwork leads to a friendly and collaborative culture.
- Trainees get high-quality work from the beginning of their contract.
- The close-knit trainee community provides a good support network in the training contract’s initial stages.
- Trainee retention is high in all offices.
- The seat allocation process could be improved in terms of transparency.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive in the market.
- While many supervisors are active and helpful, this is not the case for all of them.
- Some departments have unavoidably long hours.
What insiders say about...
"I came through the vac scheme route. To get on the vac scheme, you had to complete..."
"The firm is very collaborative. If you are here late then anyone who has given you..."
"AG is fantastic at training its staff. There are training sessions almost every week..."
"Partners and solicitors are very accessible so it is easy to get a bit of advice..."
"Although the management are looking to move to new offices; I think that the Manchester..."
"I had busy second and third seats (real estate and banking) where I often worked..."
"I am satisfied with my pay but feel that trainee bonuses could be more transparent..."
"The fizz Fridays, annual quiz and Christmas and Easter presents are great."
"There is a rigorous interview process. It consisted of: a written application, a..."
"Why law? Why Addleshaw Goddard?"
"The firm is meant to be going paperless. However, in light of the amount of paper..."
"There is a big commitment to ensuring that people have the ability to work flexibly...."
"The level of responsibility varies between departments. In litigation I did a lot..."
"The London office runs a pro bono legal clinic that trainees are required to attend...."
"The level of responsibility and capacity to develop on offer. This is helped in part..."
"The compensation package could be better."
"Reputation for giving trainees good-quality work. The clients: they appeared to be..."
"I believe retention rates are above average."
"Leeds office is one the best professional firms in the city at mixed touch rugby...."
"A fantastic place to train."
"Each year a number of our vacation schemers come through the diversity access scheme..."
"There are occasions when I have felt a little swamped with work but the support is..."
"I'd like more control over the seat choice process."