"Punchy in the corporate world while caring about all of its employees...."
- The firm’s emphasis on teamwork leads to a friendly and collaborative culture.
- Trainees get high-quality work from the beginning of their contract.
- The close-knit trainee community provides a good support network in the training contract’s initial stages.
- Trainee retention is high in all offices.
- The seat allocation process could be improved in terms of transparency.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive in the market.
- While many supervisors are active and helpful, this is not the case for all of them.
- Some departments have unavoidably long hours.
What insiders say about...
"Online application, telephone interview, assessment centre (partner/HR interview,..."
"Although personally I believe that communication could be improved between the graduate..."
"The training contract is well structured and most teams invest a lot of time and..."
"Supervisors are always approachable, both on a formal and informal basis. It is always..."
"The office space is good. At the moment, it's all closed plan but we will be moving..."
"There can be long hours at times but it is not excessive for the type of work we..."
"The pay is at the top end for the Manchester market."
"There's a subsidised cafeteria and a trainee on-boarding trip for new starters."
"There is a rigorous interview process. It consisted of: a written application, a..."
"My questions were about current affairs (I was asked what I thought of Primark's..."
"The firm has many schemes across the offices to reduce its carbon footprint: 'follow..."
"The firm has various programmes for the promotion of women/social mobility/ethnic..."
"There is a varied workload each day in my role and I have good exposure to high-value..."
"I have been involved with the Springfield Legal Advice Centre."
"The exposure to different types of work that trainees wouldn't normally get to work..."
"There is a lot of competition for secondments and it can be difficult to do one of..."
"The atmosphere and status of the firm in Manchester definitely drew me towards the..."
"It varies across intakes but I can see the firm does its best to keep you. Trainees..."
"This was the first firm to develop a pool of paralegals (the transactional services..."
"A happy, hard-working bunch!"
"They run an access scheme and the firm is very welcoming of all!"
"There are occasions when I have felt a little swamped with work but the support is..."
"Offer more international secondments."