"Friendly, supportive and open."
- The firm’s emphasis on teamwork leads to a friendly and collaborative culture.
- Trainees get high-quality work from the beginning of their contract.
- The close-knit trainee community provides a good support network in the training contract’s initial stages.
- Trainee retention is high in all offices.
- The seat allocation process could be improved in terms of transparency.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive in the market.
- While many supervisors are active and helpful, this is not the case for all of them.
- Some departments have unavoidably long hours.
What insiders say about...
"The process involves a written application form and various interviews and assessments...."
"Everyone at the firm is very helpful and friendly, from admin support to partners...."
"I have picked up and improved upon a number of new skills since beginning my training..."
"There's a wide range of support including mentors, supervisors, trainee buddies and..."
"Despite the current office being a little outdated, we are moving into brand new..."
"My working hours have depended on my department, but overall the firm is quite flexible...."
"This is not very transparent. Trainees have fed back to the firm that the bonus scheme..."
"There are several events throughout the year such as away days and social events..."
"Telephone interview, followed by assessment centre (this involved an instruction..."
"Why do you want to work at AG? What do you think makes a good lawyer?"
"The facilities team works really hard to reduce the firm's carbon footprint and all..."
"AG embraces its diversity programme: including being listed in The Times Top 50 Employers..."
"I am given a high level of responsibility as a trainee and have had the opportunity..."
"I am part of a reading scheme where employees give up their time once a week to practise..."
"I find the culture to be the best thing about working at AG. As a trainee, you are..."
"Sometimes I found that there were inconsistencies in trainee supervision."
"The standard of training that I would receive and the size (it's neither too big..."
"Retention rates here, I believe, are above industry standard. The firm is growing,..."
"Our reception and hospitality team consistently wins awards."
"The firm is friendly and approachable."
"They run an access scheme and the firm is very welcoming of all!"
"There are occasions when I have felt a little swamped with work but the support is..."
"It would be good to be able to complete seats in another office in the event that..."