"Punches above its weight."
- The firm’s emphasis on teamwork leads to a friendly and collaborative culture.
- Trainees get high-quality work from the beginning of their contract.
- The close-knit trainee community provides a good support network in the training contract’s initial stages.
- Trainee retention is high in all offices.
- The seat allocation process could be improved in terms of transparency.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive in the market.
- While many supervisors are active and helpful, this is not the case for all of them.
- Some departments have unavoidably long hours.
What insiders say about...
"There's an application form, a telephone interview, a video interview and an assessment..."
"The atmosphere at AG is unbeatable. My colleagues are down-to-earth, helpful and..."
"We have training before each seat, and on-going training in the seat which is usually..."
"I have found all of my supervisors to be very accessible. You will be sitting very..."
"The office is round the corner from Moorgate station so very close to the City. The..."
"From 9:00am-5:00pm you must be at work, but remote working after 5:00pm is always..."
"The pay is competitive and there is a transparent trainee bonus scheme in place."
"Before starting as a trainee the firm organises a trip to Romania to build houses..."
"There was a paper application, an assessment centre, a two week vacation scheme and..."
"Interview questions were mainly around my knowledge of the firm: who the managing..."
"This could be improved as there are polystyrene takeaway cups and boxes in the café..."
"There are a lot of policies on maternity leave and women eg the returner programme...."
"While I have seen that there is a low amount of client contact in some seats, I have..."
"Trainees are encouraged to get involved in pro bono projects."
"The culture and feeling like a valued part of a team. Being able to ask questions..."
"When I first met them, people were professional but not boring."
"Retention rates are generally very good. It's unlikely that the firm can always make..."
"The food in the canteen is amazing!"
"A leading international law firm with aspirations."
"Each year a number of our vacation schemers come through the diversity access scheme..."
"There are occasions when I have felt a little swamped with work but the support is..."
"I think that the firm should ensure that trainee supervisors sit with their trainees...."