- The firm’s emphasis on teamwork leads to a friendly and collaborative culture.
- Trainees get high-quality work from the beginning of their contract.
- The close-knit trainee community provides a good support network in the training contract’s initial stages.
- Trainee retention is high in all offices.
- The seat allocation process could be improved in terms of transparency.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive in the market.
- While many supervisors are active and helpful, this is not the case for all of them.
- Some departments have unavoidably long hours.
What insiders say about...
"Learn the firm inside out."
"Everyone who I have come across at the firm is friendly and approachable, making..."
"Each department runs a half-day intensive training course at the beginning of each..."
"Almost everyone wants to help you. Feedback is always given in a way that will allow..."
"We have recently moved to a new open-plan office, which is great for learning as..."
"I find that the working hours are really good and that the firm has no 'face-time'..."
"Our pay is good but not competitive for the hours we do when compared with similar..."
"There aren't many perks beyond private healthcare and pension contributions."
"There is a rigorous interview process. It consisted of: a written application, a..."
"There were a lot of questions about the market and myself in general."
"The firm's green initiatives are not something that I am really aware of."
"It's a very good environment for women to work in and AG are listed in The Times'..."
"I am currently on secondment to the Hong Kong dispute resolution team. I assist with..."
"There are a lot of opportunities if you want to get involved."
"The office, location and the support services."
"Can be long hours of tough work due to the nature of what the firm takes on."
"I knew some people at the firm and they were the type of people I could see myself..."
"Retention rates are excellent - they try and keep good people."
"Our reception and hospitality team consistently wins awards."
"Punches above its weight."
"They run an access scheme and the firm is very welcoming of all!"
"There are occasions when I have felt a little swamped with work but the support is..."
"Better seat move choices and a clearer system for allocating trainees."