"Progressive and hard-working."
- The firm’s emphasis on teamwork leads to a friendly and collaborative culture.
- Trainees get high-quality work from the beginning of their contract.
- The close-knit trainee community provides a good support network in the training contract’s initial stages.
- Trainee retention is high in all offices.
- The seat allocation process could be improved in terms of transparency.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive in the market.
- While many supervisors are active and helpful, this is not the case for all of them.
- Some departments have unavoidably long hours.
What insiders say about...
"You should really try and research the firm in depth, and learn as much as you can..."
"Although it can vary between departments; the firm has a relatively flat hierarchy...."
"The firm offers regular training sessions in all divisions and also encourages us..."
"Partners and solicitors are very accessible so it is easy to get a bit of advice..."
"Leeds is office-based. We are moving to a brand new office in late 2016, which will..."
"Long hours are expected."
"While I do think that the pay needs to be reviewed in light of the pay rises being..."
"Free drinks Friday: best opportunity for everyone to come together and catch up...."
"I found the process fairly straightforward but I think others found it more difficult...."
"There were a lot of questions about the market and myself in general."
"AG has an online filing system and a paperless desk policy."
"We have a good male/female ratio at the trainee, associate and partner levels."
"I am a trainee in the finance and projects division. I complete contract reviews,..."
"Projects include: the Springfield Legal Advice Centre; London Legal Walk and The..."
"The people are friendly but also technically very good so it's a great place to train...."
"The salary is not reflective of the hours required and the pay gap between London..."
"Reputation for giving trainees good-quality work. The clients: they appeared to be..."
"Retention rates are generally very good. It's unlikely that the firm can always make..."
"Our senior partner treated the whole firm (all offices) to amazing specially made..."
"AG has a friendly and inclusive environment."
"They run an access scheme and the firm is very welcoming of all!"
"There are occasions when I have felt a little swamped with work but the support is..."
"A bigger choice of seats - some departments only have space for one trainee per seat...."