"A fantastic place to train."
- The firm’s emphasis on teamwork leads to a friendly and collaborative culture.
- Trainees get high-quality work from the beginning of their contract.
- The close-knit trainee community provides a good support network in the training contract’s initial stages.
- Trainee retention is high in all offices.
- The seat allocation process could be improved in terms of transparency.
- The salary is not seen as being particularly competitive in the market.
- While many supervisors are active and helpful, this is not the case for all of them.
- Some departments have unavoidably long hours.
What insiders say about...
"I came through the vac scheme route. To get on the vac scheme, you had to complete..."
"I find that people are very social and easy to talk to. You work closely with partners..."
"We complete a professional skills course before our training contract begins, which..."
"Both solicitors and partners are accessible whether they are your mentor or not...."
"The offices are based in great locations and have all the facilities you need. The..."
"Long hours are expected."
"Pay should be increased to be more competitive."
"There is a gym subsidy (it doesn't go very far though)."
"Telephone interview, followed by assessment centre (this involved an instruction..."
"I was asked about why I chose to apply to study law and to apply to the firm in particular...."
"The firm is meant to be going paperless. However, in light of the amount of paper..."
"The trainee intake is very diverse, there is definitely no 'model trainee'."
"The work I get is very interesting. We get to work with well-known brands and work..."
"There are plenty of opportunities available for those who are interested. All trainees..."
"The level of responsibility and capacity to develop on offer. This is helped in part..."
"In my opinion I do not think that the salary is commensurate with the hours worked..."
"Perceived work/life balance."
"I'm confident that I'll be kept on as a new qualifier. There are lots of different..."
"We have a subsidised Costa in the building and our canteen has its own Instagram..."
"High-end work and top clients."
"They run an access scheme and the firm is very welcoming of all!"
"There are occasions when I have felt a little swamped with work but the support is..."
"More training for supervisors or a better selection process. Some are clearly not..."