"A professional, focused and ambitious firm."
- Working hours at the firm are reasonable, allowing trainees to maintain a good work/life balance.
- Work provided to trainees is seen as interesting, stimulating and varied.
- The firm's regular social events encourage a friendly culture both inside and outside of work.
- Feedback and communication are effective at the firm ensuring that development is continuous.
- Some would like more experience working on technical matters.
- Promotions at the lower level can sometimes be filled externally instead of promoting graduates.
- While salary is seen as good for graduates, there are concerns about how it progresses.
- Commuting to client sites can sometimes mean a lot of travelling.
What insiders say about...
"Research the company and industry heavily."
"There is a friendly, social and cooperative culture here."
"The current main London office is ideally located in Bank and it is very close to..."
"Hours are reasonably flexible but this depends on your manager."
"The salary and benefits are great, much higher than other graduate roles."
"We get really good healthcare and travel insurance. The company-run events are also..."
"Alfa has one telephone interview and then two face-to-face interviews. I really appreciated..."
"The aim of most of the interview questions was to see how much research I'd done..."
"There is a volunteering plan and annual partnerships with charities, but nothing..."
"I have a great team where all my managers are extremely approachable and I have a..."
"I find that people at the firm are open and welcoming. There are specific womens'..."
"There are great opportunities for promotion at the company but due to the depth of..."
"We have a corporate social responsibility scheme which we are encouraged to participate..."
"From my experience I have undertaken some tasks which are very technical, and thus..."
"First of all it would be the people. The second would be the option to travel as..."
"The learning curve is very steep, which can be challenging at times."
"The three founding members of Alfa were all originally employees of Andersen Consulting..."
"Friendly, good atmosphere, fun perks."
"I met people from Alfa at a careers fair and they were all so welcoming and enthusiastic..."
"Informal training is very good. Lots of experienced people to learn from in your..."
"Other than you needing to be a graduate from a top university there isn't anything..."
"It all depends on project requirements. But there will always be something that needs..."
"More standing desks."