"Welcoming, fun and with a high calibre of colleagues."
- Working hours at the firm are reasonable, allowing trainees to maintain a good work/life balance.
- Work provided to trainees is seen as interesting, stimulating and varied.
- The firm's regular social events encourage a friendly culture both inside and outside of work.
- Feedback and communication are effective at the firm ensuring that development is continuous.
- Some would like more experience working on technical matters.
- Promotions at the lower level can sometimes be filled externally instead of promoting graduates.
- While salary is seen as good for graduates, there are concerns about how it progresses.
- Commuting to client sites can sometimes mean a lot of travelling.
What insiders say about...
"Alfa has a work hard, play harder culture. If you have an easy going personality..."
"I work in a fun and lively office and there has been a boost in hiring recently...."
"The current main London office is ideally located in Bank and it is very close to..."
"The standard hours at Alfa are 40 hours per week, which is slightly higher than you..."
"Our starting salary is excellent, although entry to the bonus scheme takes 18 months..."
"We receive tickets to sports matches, and there are quarterly company meetings (including..."
"Three interviews all mainly to ensure that I understood the company and what I'd..."
"I was asked about my background, why I wanted to work for the company and was asked..."
"I don't think the company is particularly wasteful but, equally, I haven't heard..."
"Managers are pretty good overall but I don't really get as much performance feedback..."
"It's more diverse than some City corporations but lots could still be done."
"At first there's a reasonably well-defined promotion path for new graduate joiners...."
"We recycle and regularly raise money for charity."
"Prior to working on client site I was in the core-development team based in London...."
"There's extensive initial training and regular social activities as well as a good..."
"I felt at times that there was very high pressure to get things right first time..."
"Alfa was originally called CHP, which was an acronym of the founders’ surnames...."
"Fun, technical company."
"I was attracted to CHP by what I read online, the interview process, the fact that..."
"New joiners start with four-weeks of intensive training. Then there is a core training..."
"Alfa has no active programme to select applicants from less privileged backgrounds,..."
"It's a demanding and challenging job but there's always a good network of support..."
"A more clear definition of the implementation role career path would help build long..."