"Excellent place to work."
- Working hours at the firm are reasonable, allowing trainees to maintain a good work/life balance.
- Work provided to trainees is seen as interesting, stimulating and varied.
- The firm's regular social events encourage a friendly culture both inside and outside of work.
- Feedback and communication are effective at the firm ensuring that development is continuous.
- Some would like more experience working on technical matters.
- Promotions at the lower level can sometimes be filled externally instead of promoting graduates.
- While salary is seen as good for graduates, there are concerns about how it progresses.
- Commuting to client sites can sometimes mean a lot of travelling.
What insiders say about...
"Understand what Alfa do - this can all be found on their website. Cover the basics,..."
"The culture at Alfa is by far the greatest draw to the company. Everyone is exceptionally..."
"It's a great office that's very light and open. We have a café with two baristas..."
"I work 8:30am-6:30pm, and I feel like I can always come in early to leave early...."
"It's an excellent starting salary for new graduates with no experience."
"Company meetings every three months (which has included activities like indoor skiing/snowboarding..."
"Three interviews all mainly to ensure that I understood the company and what I'd..."
"I would advise candidates to speak clearly and confidently about what they did at..."
"As an organisation, Alfa is largely paperless."
"My experience so far has been very reasonable as I have had managers who are easy..."
"Our commitment to diversity is certainly not lacking but it remains challenging to..."
"Promotions seem fairly fixed and follow a standard progression for the first few..."
"There is a corporate social responsibility team which people are encouraged to join...."
"In my role I code new features in the application which is the main product of the..."
"I enjoy the job satisfaction, benefits and people."
"There isn't currently a formal framework for completing more widely recognised professional..."
"Alfa sponsors a jockey - Jim Crowley."
"Plenty of opportunities to develop professionally, travel and make great friendships..."
"Salary, better work/life balance than similar companies."
"Internal/external training courses seem to arrive at the right time and are pitched..."
"During my interview process the company had no idea whether I was from a privileged..."
"Very varied. Typically the level of stress is quite low, but sometimes issues arise..."
"Flexible working hours and dropping the dress code unless you are on client sites...."