"While the firm is rapidly growing they are managing to hold on..."
- Working hours at the firm are reasonable, allowing trainees to maintain a good work/life balance.
- Work provided to trainees is seen as interesting, stimulating and varied.
- The firm's regular social events encourage a friendly culture both inside and outside of work.
- Feedback and communication are effective at the firm ensuring that development is continuous.
- Some would like more experience working on technical matters.
- Promotions at the lower level can sometimes be filled externally instead of promoting graduates.
- While salary is seen as good for graduates, there are concerns about how it progresses.
- Commuting to client sites can sometimes mean a lot of travelling.
What insiders say about...
"Prepare well for the interviews, they are not easy and the interviewers expect at..."
"There's always someone in the coffee shop to stop and have a chat with! More importantly,..."
"The dress code is business-like: a suit and tie (or equivalent for women). Office..."
"I work 8:30am-5:30pm in line with our clients' hours, but if I need these to change..."
"For a consultant in the first few years of their career, the salary is very generous...."
"The company bonus and frequent company events."
"Thousands of top applicants from top universities apply each year for only a handful..."
"What kinds of asset finance are there? What is a commonly financed asset? Describe..."
"There is a volunteering plan and annual partnerships with charities, but nothing..."
"I find the managers to be extremely good in Alfa. They are clear with what they want,..."
"It's a difficult industry in which to ensure diversity as the applicants are often..."
"Being a small company, I find that you can move through the ranks quite easily as..."
"Our corporate social responsibility is very comprehensive and was one of the things..."
"Very varied selection of responsibilities, incorporating technical and functional..."
"The culture is a real plus: everyone is friendly, people work sensible hours and..."
"I have found that sometimes there can be lengthy commutes to client sites."
"Alfa was originally called CHP, which was an acronym of the founders’ surnames...."
"A challenging and forward-thinking software consultancy."
"Good salary and rewards, I liked the sound of the company culture, and I knew I would..."
"I have received a lot of training, both internally and externally, and it has all..."
"I don't know the social backgrounds of most of my colleagues. Recruitment is primarily..."
"It all depends on project requirements. But there will always be something that needs..."
"Going towards a 360° evaluation system to improve management relations more openly...."