"A collection of the brightest and kindest people you'll meet...."
- Working hours at the firm are reasonable, allowing trainees to maintain a good work/life balance.
- Work provided to trainees is seen as interesting, stimulating and varied.
- The firm's regular social events encourage a friendly culture both inside and outside of work.
- Feedback and communication are effective at the firm ensuring that development is continuous.
- Some would like more experience working on technical matters.
- Promotions at the lower level can sometimes be filled externally instead of promoting graduates.
- While salary is seen as good for graduates, there are concerns about how it progresses.
- Commuting to client sites can sometimes mean a lot of travelling.
What insiders say about...
"Thorough knowledge of the asset finance industry is key. As a graduate, you won't..."
"I think that everyone is very friendly, and there are lots of outside of work activities/clubs,..."
"We have a great office with kitchen, barista and regular events."
"We work 40-hour weeks and are rarely, if ever, expected to exceed this. Hours can..."
"The starting salary for graduates is really generous and is reviewed every six months..."
"The entire company is taken on holiday once a year. We've previously been to Dubai,..."
"Thousands of top applicants from top universities apply each year for only a handful..."
"Know what our product is. Have some knowledge of the asset finance industry and how..."
"One of our directors published a thought leadership article on the paperless office..."
"I have been very fortunate with my managers. All of them have been extremely supportive..."
"I think that the firm has a good cultural mixture."
"There are great opportunities for promotion at the company but due to the depth of..."
"There is a corporate social responsibility team which people are encouraged to join...."
"I'm currently working on development. This can be frustrating at times because developing..."
"Incredible colleagues, fantastic company culture. Opportunities for travel and early..."
"The learning curve is very steep, which can be challenging at times."
"Alfa sponsors a jockey - Jim Crowley."
"Alfa really is fantastic to work for."
"Looking for a small company with big company aspirations, client interactions, responsibility,..."
"There is consistent training throughout Alfa employee's careers, both internal training..."
"I don't know specifically, but there's a very wide range of backgrounds among my..."
"It all depends on project requirements. But there will always be something that needs..."
"More technical hardware should be made available to employees."