"A dynamic and challenging firm."
- Working hours at the firm are reasonable, allowing trainees to maintain a good work/life balance.
- Work provided to trainees is seen as interesting, stimulating and varied.
- The firm's regular social events encourage a friendly culture both inside and outside of work.
- Feedback and communication are effective at the firm ensuring that development is continuous.
- Some would like more experience working on technical matters.
- Promotions at the lower level can sometimes be filled externally instead of promoting graduates.
- While salary is seen as good for graduates, there are concerns about how it progresses.
- Commuting to client sites can sometimes mean a lot of travelling.
What insiders say about...
"The first stage is a covering letter. Make sure it brings across who you actually..."
"Office hours are sociable: 9:00am to 6:00pm everyday. The need to work late is occasional..."
"The office is very central in the City and close to Moorgate station. We have a café,..."
"We work 40-hour weeks and are rarely, if ever, expected to exceed this. Hours can..."
"We get a great starting salary but pay rises are minimal compared to similar sectors...."
"The firm offer the option to work abroad with all expenses paid, and there are lots..."
"Alfa has one telephone interview and then two face-to-face interviews. I really appreciated..."
"Among other things, I was asked about myself and my background, I was asked what..."
"The company makes an effort to be environmentally conscious but there could be more..."
"I think there is a well-defined management structure at the firm, but it does not..."
"I think that the firm has a good cultural mixture."
"A lot of experienced hires are employed above the graduates. This can mean low-level..."
"We have a corporate social responsibility scheme which we are encouraged to participate..."
"I feel that the work given to me is chosen carefully to suit my level of experience...."
"There are lots of events where we all have fun together and I also get to work with..."
"At times the firm's focus is heavily on client requirements as opposed to internal..."
"Every year the firm takes us all on holiday.. next year we're going to Miami!"
"A friendly place to work."
"Good culture, interesting work, genuine consulting experience from very early on...."
"The first five weeks as a consultant at Alfa are spent training. You learn and practise..."
"I don't know the social backgrounds of most of my colleagues. Recruitment is primarily..."
"Very varied. Typically the level of stress is quite low, but sometimes issues arise..."
"I would introduce a casual Friday policy."