"We work hard and we have fun."
- Working hours at the firm are reasonable, allowing trainees to maintain a good work/life balance.
- Work provided to trainees is seen as interesting, stimulating and varied.
- The firm's regular social events encourage a friendly culture both inside and outside of work.
- Feedback and communication are effective at the firm ensuring that development is continuous.
- Some would like more experience working on technical matters.
- Promotions at the lower level can sometimes be filled externally instead of promoting graduates.
- While salary is seen as good for graduates, there are concerns about how it progresses.
- Commuting to client sites can sometimes mean a lot of travelling.
What insiders say about...
"The most important thing is to research both the asset finance industry and Alfa..."
"It's an excellent and friendly office culture with lots of social events attended..."
"We have a great office with kitchen, barista and regular events."
"Your hours will vary according to the project you are currently working on. Some..."
"I find that per hour, the salary is highly competitive, and that you won't be doing..."
"Alfa is always thinking about employee welfare. There are plenty of big perks, but..."
"The interview process consisted of two interviews - one with the HR manager and a..."
"Why do people offer asset finance? Why would a client pay Alfa for our software?..."
"There are beehives on the roof of the office."
"My managers have been very good at communicating both technical and functional knowledge...."
"Alfa hires as broadly as it possibly can. Unfortunately, it suffers the same problem..."
"There are great opportunities for promotion at the company but due to the depth of..."
"We recycle and regularly raise money for charity."
"I'm working on a range of software development tasks that fall within the speciality..."
"We get a good starting salary and great perks."
"Top-heavy structure, slow growth."
"Alfa was originally called CHP, which was an acronym of the founders’ surnames...."
"Friendly, collaborative and supportive."
"Good salary and rewards, I liked the sound of the company culture, and I knew I would..."
"There's formal training at Alfa that all employees will be enrolled on. The courses..."
"I don't know specifically, but there's a very wide range of backgrounds among my..."
"It's a demanding and challenging job but there's always a good network of support..."
"Larger team sizes would be nice, and a bit less time out of the office if possible!..."