"An interesting, forward-looking employer that cares for its employees...."
- Working hours at the firm are reasonable, allowing trainees to maintain a good work/life balance.
- Work provided to trainees is seen as interesting, stimulating and varied.
- The firm's regular social events encourage a friendly culture both inside and outside of work.
- Feedback and communication are effective at the firm ensuring that development is continuous.
- Some would like more experience working on technical matters.
- Promotions at the lower level can sometimes be filled externally instead of promoting graduates.
- While salary is seen as good for graduates, there are concerns about how it progresses.
- Commuting to client sites can sometimes mean a lot of travelling.
What insiders say about...
"Research as much as you can about the company and the industry. Talk to a current..."
"I do love the culture at Alfa as cooperation is strongly encouraged. As a junior..."
"Dress code is suit and tie, Monday to Friday. This can be different when you're on..."
"Standard working hours are 9:00am-6:00pm. There is some flexibility for people who..."
"For a consultant in the first few years of their career, the salary is very generous...."
"We receive tickets to sports matches, and there are quarterly company meetings (including..."
"As a graduate, I started out with a phone interview followed by two interviews at..."
"I was asked what Alfa do, who their competitors are, what my degree was and how is..."
"There are new green initiatives within the office that have just come into place...."
"I have a great team where all my managers are extremely approachable and I have a..."
"HR attend 'Women in IT' events. Beyond that, I have heard of no specific initiatives...."
"For the first three years there is a well-formed career progression where you are..."
"There is a corporate social responsibility team which people are encouraged to join...."
"I'm consistently and frequently given new challenges and different things to work..."
"Everyone in the company is extremely down-to-earth and nice. I feel I can ask anyone..."
"Sometimes too much responsibility!"
"Every year we take the entire company from around the world on a long weekend away..."
"The most attractive aspect to me was the possibility to broaden my skills by learning..."
"You're given the tools you need for the job, but you're relied upon to be able to..."
"I don't know the social backgrounds of most of my colleagues. Recruitment is primarily..."
"Work is intense, but no one piles on the pressure unnecessarily."
"It would be nice to get more regular feedback early on."