"Accommodating, fun and diverse."
- Working hours at the firm are reasonable, allowing trainees to maintain a good work/life balance.
- Work provided to trainees is seen as interesting, stimulating and varied.
- The firm's regular social events encourage a friendly culture both inside and outside of work.
- Feedback and communication are effective at the firm ensuring that development is continuous.
- Some would like more experience working on technical matters.
- Promotions at the lower level can sometimes be filled externally instead of promoting graduates.
- While salary is seen as good for graduates, there are concerns about how it progresses.
- Commuting to client sites can sometimes mean a lot of travelling.
What insiders say about...
"There's a short telephone interview followed by an in-person interview with HR and..."
"Socialising is great as there are weekly work drinks that are well attended. The..."
"The office location is great. Each floor has a balcony and there is a communal space..."
"We have a good culture of not over-working. Managers are generally flexible with..."
"I can't really complain about the salary. It's definitely leading in the industry..."
"Our coffee shop has a wonderful barista and is full of breakfast cereals, cookies,..."
"One phone interview, and two face-to-face interviews. It was a very straightforward..."
"How does Alfa make money? What sort of challenges might we face when migrating data?..."
"I don't think the company is particularly wasteful but, equally, I haven't heard..."
"Management in the organisation is very good and HR is particularly excellent."
"There is currently something of a lack of female roles in senior positions."
"There is a well-defined career trajectory."
"We recycle and regularly raise money for charity."
"I have worked on a variety of projects while at Alfa. On some projects I'm working..."
"Extremely diverse range of opportunities - ideal for those who want to try different..."
"The standardised career progression means that competence or commitment is not taken..."
"The three founding members of Alfa were all originally employees of Andersen Consulting..."
"Well organised, ambitious and fast growing."
"The opportunity to learn to develop software and to be involved in a company with..."
"The original training was comprehensive but there haven't been as many training sessions..."
"During my interview process the company had no idea whether I was from a privileged..."
"It's a demanding and challenging job but there's always a good network of support..."
"Personally I would introduce more feedback sessions with managers outside of your..."