"Fun, technical company."
- Working hours at the firm are reasonable, allowing trainees to maintain a good work/life balance.
- Work provided to trainees is seen as interesting, stimulating and varied.
- The firm's regular social events encourage a friendly culture both inside and outside of work.
- Feedback and communication are effective at the firm ensuring that development is continuous.
- Some would like more experience working on technical matters.
- Promotions at the lower level can sometimes be filled externally instead of promoting graduates.
- While salary is seen as good for graduates, there are concerns about how it progresses.
- Commuting to client sites can sometimes mean a lot of travelling.
What insiders say about...
"Do your research on what the company does. Technical knowledge at graduate level..."
"The firm has an open plan desk space arrangement: graduates sit with directors, which..."
"We have nice, spacious offices in a great location in the heart of the City, opposite..."
"Standard working hours are 9:00am-6:00pm. There is some flexibility for people who..."
"I feel very well compensated and valued."
"Private healthcare insurance may sound like a boring perk but is actually really..."
"Alfa has one telephone interview and then two face-to-face interviews. I really appreciated..."
"I was asked about my understanding of what the company did, why I wanted to work..."
"Alfa has recently acquired a green initiatives team, which is doing a brilliant job...."
"My managers have always been happy to listen to me and take what I want into account...."
"There are fewer women at Alfa obviously, but that's just a by product of being in..."
"Career progression is quite well defined for the first few years; after which it..."
"Alfa definitely has good intentions, and makes some good efforts (we do a lot of..."
"Given that I am still in the early stages of my career at Alfa, my typical day would..."
"Extremely diverse range of opportunities - ideal for those who want to try different..."
"Potential for very long commutes to client sites, and little say in what project..."
"Alfa was originally called CHP, which was an acronym of the founders’ surnames...."
"Great fun place to work."
"The most attractive aspect to me was the possibility to broaden my skills by learning..."
"Informal, on-the-job training is excellent. Formal training is regular and in-depth..."
"Other than you needing to be a graduate from a top university there isn't anything..."
"It's a demanding and challenging job but there's always a good network of support..."
"Flexible working hours and dropping the dress code unless you are on client sites...."