"Forward-thinking and modern."
- Colleagues are friendly, intelligent and happy to help others to develop.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility from the outset.
- Offices are open-plan, meaning trainees get the opportunity to sit alongside (and learn from) partners and senior lawyers.
- Trainees have contact with clients on a regular basis.
- Trainee salaries are not particularly high when compared to other firms nationally.
- Communication around seat changes could be clearer with more notice given.
- There is not a lot of pro bono work organised by the firm.
- The level of feedback and informal training can vary between departments.
What insiders say about...
"The process is an application followed by an assessment day which includes a written..."
"The culture is generally a friendly and happy one but this can differ between teams..."
"The firm has a focus on departmental training. Within the commercial property team,..."
"I have had a mixed experience with this but the mentoring is really good in my current..."
"The Exeter office has a gymnasium and a cafe. The dress code is smart to suit the..."
"I usually work 9:00am-6:00pm. Trainees may have to work later depending on court..."
"Ashfords conducts a yearly bonus and pay review scheme, which is good. That said,..."
"You get an additional day of holiday for your birthday and Christmas."
"The Assessment Centre for the training contract was the friendliest I attended. The..."
"Why Ashfords? Why law? I was also asked various situational questions."
"The firm has a lift-sharing scheme and we recently got the opportunity to trial an..."
"We have an equalities partner focusing on increasing inclusion. We are at the market..."
"As a trainee, I am given a large amount of responsibility but never feel out of my..."
"We have involvement with local schools."
"Good people to work with, willing to involve trainees in all levels of work and give..."
"There is some lack of support when doing a seat that splits across two departments,..."
"The fact that it is a general practice firm and therefore there was an opportunity..."
"The firm is expanding which is very encouraging. All trainees qualifying this year..."
"All staff are encouraged to train as bee keepers to assist in looking after the Ashfords..."
"Friendly and ambitious."
"The firm attends law fairs at a number of universities in various areas of the country..."
"Encourage and support more trainee socialising, especially as the trainees are situated..."