"Friendly, progressive and growing."
- Colleagues are friendly, intelligent and happy to help others to develop.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility from the outset.
- Offices are open-plan, meaning trainees get the opportunity to sit alongside (and learn from) partners and senior lawyers.
- Trainees have contact with clients on a regular basis.
- Seat options can be limited in some offices.
- Communication around seat changes could be clearer with more notice given.
- There is not a lot of pro bono work organised by the firm.
- The level of feedback and informal training can vary between departments.
What insiders say about...
"Be yourself! Do the research on Ashfords specifically and don't just apply because..."
"The firm offices are all open-plan and juniors regularly work closely with senior..."
"Each department has a training programme to keep fee earners up-to-date and achieve..."
"The firm now has an Ashfords Academy: an online service whereby staff can carry out..."
"Our London, Bristol and Plymouth offices have all recently had a refurbishment. The..."
"Generally the hours are very reasonable. But with the nature of the legal profession,..."
"Pay seems to be competitive for the area, although the firm does vary pay depending..."
"There's an annual bonus and an 8% discount at my gym."
"The process consisted of an application form, a telephone interview, an assessment..."
"I was asked what other firms I had applied to, what improvements the firm could make..."
"The firm is certainly aware of the need to improve its carbon footprint and is introducing..."
"Ashfords is not the most diverse firm. This is probably not due to the way that the..."
"The training contract has been challenging, but I have never felt like I am completely..."
"I have not yet had the opportunity to engage in pro bono work, but the firm does..."
"Friendly working environment. Smaller London office means that you get to know and..."
"The organisation of aspects of the seat changes could be improved, in my opinion...."
"I chose Ashfords for the location and the opportunity to train across a broad range..."
"I think there will be newly qualified positions for all the current trainees as the..."
"We have Thursday night drinks every week in the Bristol office where the office provides..."
"Friendly, encouraging, sociable and ambitious."
"The firm attends law fairs at a number of universities in various areas of the country..."
"A more joined-up approach between HR and the heads of department to ensure a smoother..."