"Friendly, approachable, down to earth."
- Colleagues are friendly, intelligent and happy to help others to develop.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility from the outset.
- Offices are open-plan, meaning trainees get the opportunity to sit alongside (and learn from) partners and senior lawyers.
- Trainees have contact with clients on a regular basis.
- Seat options can be limited in some offices.
- Communication around seat changes could be clearer with more notice given.
- There is not a lot of pro bono work organised by the firm.
- The level of feedback and informal training can vary between departments.
What insiders say about...
"There is an online application and successful candidates are then invited to an assessment..."
"Everyone at the firm is approachable and down-to-earth, so I always feel able to..."
"The firm has a focus on departmental training. Within the commercial property team,..."
"I have had a mixed experience with this but the mentoring is really good in my current..."
"The Bristol office is well located, just a few minutes' walk from the train station..."
"Working hours have generally been very good for me. There were some later hours in..."
"Pay is decent enough given the local wage, but feels low given comparisons nationally...."
"The firm offers a workplace pension and there is also a "Perks" scheme where you..."
"I attended an assessment centre which included a written exercise, group negotiation,..."
"I was given competency based questions showing teamwork, responsibility and difficult..."
"We have various initiatives such as cycle-to-work schemes."
"I am surrounded by lots of great successful female role models and the firm offers..."
"I was given client contract straight away and developed strong client care skills..."
"I have not done any pro bono work. I do not think it's a priority of Ashfords, but..."
"The personal attitude taken to staff development (in particular at a junior level)..."
"Being in a satellite office means less contact with the other trainees. It would..."
"Having grown up in the South West and studied at Bristol University, I was always..."
"They vary year to year, but I get the feeling that the firm wants to retain its trainees...."
"The Bristol office gets to have dogs in the office on Fridays!"
"Modern, progressive and respected with high-quality clients."
"I would say Ashfords is less bothered about an applicant's background than what that..."
"More information on what we will earn as we progress through the ranks."