"An ideal firm to work for."
- Colleagues are friendly, intelligent and happy to help others to develop.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility from the outset.
- Offices are open-plan, meaning trainees get the opportunity to sit alongside (and learn from) partners and senior lawyers.
- Trainees have contact with clients on a regular basis.
- Seat options can be limited in some offices.
- Communication around seat changes could be clearer with more notice given.
- There is not a lot of pro bono work organised by the firm.
- The level of feedback and informal training can vary between departments.
What insiders say about...
"My advice would be to find out why this particular firm is right for you. Also, make..."
"The firm is very driven and confident in their brand. Day-to-day life in the firm..."
"Your development is very much down to you, but the firm provides regular training..."
"Everyone at the firm is really accessible and they will often take the time to sit..."
"The Exeter office is very modern with lots of facilities, such as a free on-site..."
"I have often left the office by 6.30 pm but it really depends on how busy the department..."
"Ashfords conducts a yearly bonus and pay review scheme, which is good. That said,..."
"You get an additional day off on your birthday."
"I attended an assessment centre which included a written exercise, group negotiation,..."
"There was a series of competency-based questions and I was asked to give an example..."
"The firm has a dedicated green group with the aim of reducing the firms carbon footprint..."
"The firm is accepting and accommodating. It might not appear as diverse as firms..."
"I have had client contact from day one and when I moved into my third (and final..."
"I am not aware of any pro bono work that the firm carries out save for occasional..."
"The firm is forward-thinking and moves with the times."
"Feedback and supervision can vary from department to department."
"I wanted to remain in Plymouth to complete my training. I wanted a firm that was..."
"I think the retention rates are really good at the firm. My understanding is that..."
"We have our own beehives and produce our very own honey to sell to raise money for..."
"An extremely friendly and supportive firm."
"I would say Ashfords is less bothered about an applicant's background than what that..."
"More social events between trainees as a group and across all offices. Trainees are..."