"Friendly, efficient, welcoming."
- Colleagues are friendly, intelligent and happy to help others to develop.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility from the outset.
- Offices are open-plan, meaning trainees get the opportunity to sit alongside (and learn from) partners and senior lawyers.
- Trainees have contact with clients on a regular basis.
- Seat options can be limited in some offices.
- Communication around seat changes could be clearer with more notice given.
- There is not a lot of pro bono work organised by the firm.
- The level of feedback and informal training can vary between departments.
What insiders say about...
"There is an online written application that is followed by an assessment centre if..."
"When you walk in to the office you cannot tell who is at what level as all of the..."
"We get constant training throughout two years."
"I have received a good level of one-to-one training from many people across the firm..."
"All of the firm's offices are good. Speaking about Bristol only, the office has recently..."
"The hours are very reasonable, I often leave before 6.00 pm. It would be great to..."
"Ashfords has a fantastic bonus scheme but probably a lower wage compared to competitors...."
"The firm puts out free drinks and snacks in the kitchen after work on Fridays for..."
"I completed a week-long vacation scheme, which was followed by an assessment day..."
"The interview was a competency based interview where I was asked to explain examples..."
"The Bristol office are particularly committed to this, in my opinion, having recently..."
"There are lots of women at the junior level but this is less representative at more..."
"I have been given a good level of responsibility, from drafting complex commercial..."
"It is not currently a priority, although it is something the firm is working on...."
"The firm is forward-thinking and is sure to move with the times. The culture of the..."
"There is an issue with the seat move process. The amount of notice provided is pretty..."
"I applied to the firm because of the range of potential seats available, and the..."
"The firm is expanding which is very encouraging. All trainees qualifying this year..."
"We sponsored a Shaun the Sheep as part of the Shaun in the City Trail in Bristol..."
"Modern, progressive and respected with high-quality clients."
"I would say Ashfords is less bothered about an applicant's background than what that..."
"A slightly more competitive salary would be nice."