"Ambitious and innovative."
- Colleagues are friendly, intelligent and happy to help others to develop.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility from the outset.
- Offices are open-plan, meaning trainees get the opportunity to sit alongside (and learn from) partners and senior lawyers.
- Trainees have contact with clients on a regular basis.
- Seat options can be limited in some offices.
- Communication around seat changes could be clearer with more notice given.
- There is not a lot of pro bono work organised by the firm.
- The level of feedback and informal training can vary between departments.
What insiders say about...
"The application process consists of an application form followed by an assessment..."
"The culture is supportive and friendly and the partners I have worked with are approachable...."
"We have useful lunchtime sessions to give us specific legal update training. If we..."
"There's no formal mentoring programme for trainees or junior solicitors. Therefore,..."
"The dress code is good and we are asked to 'dress for our client'. As long as you..."
"My hours are roughly 8.00 am to 6.00 pm, but personal appointments (doctors) are..."
"The firm has historically lagged behind its competitors but this is being brought..."
"We have a gym in the Exeter office and get travel expenses for inter-office travel...."
"The process consisted of an application form, a telephone interview, an assessment..."
"The questions themselves were primarily competency-based with a few that related..."
"Going green is definitely something that Ashfords seems to be aware of and implementing..."
"I am surrounded by lots of great successful female role models and the firm offers..."
"The work is incredibly varied and provides me with a good range of experience across..."
"Not sure, as I have not had a seat in practice areas where this would be relevant...."
"Good people to work with, willing to involve trainees in all levels of work and give..."
"I found that there was a lack of communication regarding seat moves and qualification..."
"The reputation of the firm and the quality of its clients."
"I think there will be newly qualified positions for all the current trainees as the..."
"We have our own rock band called 'The Outlaws'."
"Friendly, encouraging, sociable and ambitious."
"I would say Ashfords is less bothered about an applicant's background than what that..."
"More social events between trainees as a group and across all offices. Trainees are..."