"A reputable and growing firm."
- Colleagues are friendly, intelligent and happy to help others to develop.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility from the outset.
- Offices are open-plan, meaning trainees get the opportunity to sit alongside (and learn from) partners and senior lawyers.
- Trainees have contact with clients on a regular basis.
- Seat options can be limited in some offices.
- Communication around seat changes could be clearer with more notice given.
- There is not a lot of pro bono work organised by the firm.
- The level of feedback and informal training can vary between departments.
What insiders say about...
"There was an application form and an assessment centre consisting of a group exercise,..."
"Trainees are encouraged to attend seminars and networking/marketing events. Junior..."
"The Ashfords Academy means staff at all levels are provided with training in all..."
"Most of the time it is very easy to get hold of solicitors and partners if you need..."
"I work in a friendly, open-plan environment with a café and a gym. The only downside..."
"I usually come to work by 8.15 am and leave around 6.00 pm but this can differ dramatically..."
"I think the salary is fair and competitive, given our distance from London. The bonus..."
"There are free ice creams and bacon sandwiches on Fridays."
"I completed a week-long vacation scheme, which was followed by an assessment day..."
"Previous experiences in work, commercial awareness, future aspirations."
"The firm supports lots of green initiatives. There is a cycle-to-work scheme and..."
"Promotion among female members of staff is equal to that of male employees. There..."
"I have quite a lot of responsibility, which is good, and get the opportunity to get..."
"I have not been involved in any pro bono work. The firm has a charity focus and is..."
"The variety of work and the collaborative environment."
"The pay when compared to other similar size firms in the area."
"I knew two trainees at the firm who spoke very highly about working there."
"I understand that rates are likely to be lower this year as, while there are a number..."
"We have bee hives at two of our offices and the harvested honey gets raffled off..."
"Friendly and supportive."
"The firm attends law fairs at a number of universities in various areas of the country..."
"More early information about which departments might have space for a new qualifier...."