"A good mixture of a friendly and relaxed atmosphere with lots..."
- Colleagues are friendly, intelligent and happy to help others to develop.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility from the outset.
- Offices are open-plan, meaning trainees get the opportunity to sit alongside (and learn from) partners and senior lawyers.
- Trainees have contact with clients on a regular basis.
- Seat options can be limited in some offices.
- Communication around seat changes could be clearer with more notice given.
- There is not a lot of pro bono work organised by the firm.
- The level of feedback and informal training can vary between departments.
What insiders say about...
"The application process is fairly simple and linear. I would say it is most important..."
"We have a great culture both during office hours and afterwards. Thursday and Friday..."
"There is a thorough trainee induction programme as well as monthly training sessions..."
"Senior solicitors are very accessible. There is also a good appraisal programme in..."
"The Exeter office is the largest and therefore has the best facilities like a cafe,..."
"The official working day is 9.00 am until 5.15 pm. There is no judgement if you leave..."
"The salary is good compared to some South West firms. There are opportunities for..."
"The medicash system means that we can claim back on things such as dental appointments..."
"I completed a week-long vacation scheme, which was followed by an assessment day..."
"I had questions requiring me to call on examples of when I had demonstrated particular..."
"We have a number of green initiatives including liftsharing (and designated car parking..."
"Promotion among female members of staff is equal to that of male employees. There..."
"As a trainee I have assisted with partner-led matters that can be worth millions..."
"We have a great CSR program and always have a charity of the year which everyone..."
"A plus is the full range of seat options available."
"There is still some confusion over the direction that the firm is taking, I believe...."
"I wanted to work in a regional firm that could give me high-quality training and..."
"They are fairly good. I think that the firm would like to retain more newly qualified..."
"We have bee hives at two of our offices and the harvested honey gets raffled off..."
"A regional firm offering high quality services to a national client base."
"The firm attends law fairs at a number of universities in various areas of the country..."
"We could have mentors/buddies for the duration of the training contract."