"A leading player in the South West, with growing influence in..."
- Colleagues are friendly, intelligent and happy to help others to develop.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility from the outset.
- Offices are open-plan, meaning trainees get the opportunity to sit alongside (and learn from) partners and senior lawyers.
- Trainees have contact with clients on a regular basis.
- Seat options can be limited in some offices.
- Communication around seat changes could be clearer with more notice given.
- There is not a lot of pro bono work organised by the firm.
- The level of feedback and informal training can vary between departments.
What insiders say about...
"Vacation scheme and assessment day. I would recommend knowing plenty about the firm..."
"The structure can be slightly confusing for those not 'in-the-know'. There are solicitors,..."
"The seat move process could be improved and we would benefit from having mentors/buddies..."
"We do not have specific mentors but you can ask other solicitors and partners in..."
"The Bristol office is in a great central location, open-plan and on the waterfront..."
"Working hours have generally been very good for me. There were some later hours in..."
"Pay is quite decent for the region I am in and the firm offers a number of bonuses...."
"The medicash system means that we can claim back on things such as dental appointments..."
"I completed a week-long vacation scheme, which was followed by an assessment day..."
"In my interview, they asked competency-based questions, so make sure you have specific..."
"The firm has a good recycling policy and bins under desks have recently been removed..."
"The firm is accepting and accommodating. It might not appear as diverse as firms..."
"I have had client contact from day one and when I moved into my third (and final..."
"I have not worked on any pro bono projects, however I know pro bono work is carried..."
"The relaxed and open environment, where you can approach anyone regardless of status..."
"There is some disconnect between the different offices."
"Having grown up in the South West and studied at Bristol University, I was always..."
"The firm has a real recruit-to-retain approach. Even in light of wider economic constraints,..."
"We have Thursday night drinks every week in the Bristol office where the office provides..."
"Outgoing, friendly and growing"
"I would say Ashfords is less bothered about an applicant's background than what that..."
"More information on what we will earn as we progress through the ranks."