"A commercially-focused firm with charitable initiatives and green..."
- Colleagues are friendly, intelligent and happy to help others to develop.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility from the outset.
- Offices are open-plan, meaning trainees get the opportunity to sit alongside (and learn from) partners and senior lawyers.
- Trainees have contact with clients on a regular basis.
- Seat options can be limited in some offices.
- Communication around seat changes could be clearer with more notice given.
- There is not a lot of pro bono work organised by the firm.
- The level of feedback and informal training can vary between departments.
What insiders say about...
"The interview process consisted of a written exercise, group exercise and then an..."
"Good culture on the whole with the majority of supervisors being friendly and down..."
"We get constant training throughout two years."
"All offices are open-plan so you sit and work closely with partners and solicitors...."
"The Exeter office is the largest and therefore has the best facilities like a cafe,..."
"This is a real plus point as the firm is really considerate with your hours. You..."
"Ashfords' salary for the South West is OK."
"The pension contribution from Ashfords is above average and was already in existence..."
"I attended an assessment centre which included a written exercise, group negotiation,..."
"My interview questions consisted of the usual mix of showing good teamwork abilities,..."
"We have an active green initiatives committee that has put a lot of effort into trying..."
"I can only comment on diversity in terms of age; in my intake the firm took on a..."
"Most of the work I am assigned is of a good quality for a trainee and helps to develop..."
"I have not done any pro bono work. I do not think it's a priority of Ashfords, but..."
"The positive character of basically everyone who works at Ashfords and the variety..."
"There is an issue with the seat move process. The amount of notice provided is pretty..."
"The reputation of the firm and the quality of its clients."
"The past couple of years have been really good and the firm still seems to be increasing..."
"We have a very old office that has a dungeon-like basement, some say it is haunted...."
"Friendly, progressive and growing."
"The firm attends law fairs at a number of universities in various areas of the country..."
"More organised interaction with newly qualified solicitors."