"Sociable, varied and innovative."
- Colleagues are friendly, intelligent and happy to help others to develop.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility from the outset.
- Offices are open-plan, meaning trainees get the opportunity to sit alongside (and learn from) partners and senior lawyers.
- Trainees have contact with clients on a regular basis.
- Seat options can be limited in some offices.
- Communication around seat changes could be clearer with more notice given.
- There is not a lot of pro bono work organised by the firm.
- The level of feedback and informal training can vary between departments.
What insiders say about...
"My interview consisted of a group exercise, a written exercise and a partner interview...."
"While there are charity and social events, there is not a culture of casual drinks..."
"All trainees have an induction programme in their first week which introduces the..."
"Everyone is very accessible. Even though there is a hierarchy, everyone is approachable...."
"The offices are modern and light. The dress code is fairly informal (there's no requirement..."
"Hours are as and when required. It is up to individuals to manage their own time..."
"The salary is good compared to some South West firms. There are opportunities for..."
"You get an additional day off on your birthday."
"I attended an assessment centre which included a written exercise, group negotiation,..."
"It was a competency-based interview but kept quite informal and chatty which was..."
"The firm has a lift-sharing scheme and we recently got the opportunity to trial an..."
"The firm is accepting and accommodating. It might not appear as diverse as firms..."
"I get given a lot of work from most of the members on the team I am in. This ranges..."
"I have not undertaken any pro bono work while at the firm and would like to see more..."
"We're given a good level of responsibility at an early stage. There's a lot of work..."
"Sometimes there is a heavy workload."
"Location, size of firm and type of work. Particularly its strong reputation within..."
"Retention is completely dependent on whether the department you would like to qualify..."
"We have our own rock band called 'The Outlaws'."
"A leading law firm with great opportunities"
"I would say Ashfords is less bothered about an applicant's background than what that..."
"Confirming seat moves more quickly would be ideal."