"A friendly regional firm with big aspirations."
- Colleagues are friendly, intelligent and happy to help others to develop.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility from the outset.
- Offices are open-plan, meaning trainees get the opportunity to sit alongside (and learn from) partners and senior lawyers.
- Trainees have contact with clients on a regular basis.
- Seat options can be limited in some offices.
- Communication around seat changes could be clearer with more notice given.
- There is not a lot of pro bono work organised by the firm.
- The level of feedback and informal training can vary between departments.
What insiders say about...
"I completed an application form and CV, then received an invitation to the assessment..."
"The firm offices are all open-plan and juniors regularly work closely with senior..."
"There is a thorough induction week at the beginning of the training contract including..."
"Some are more accessible than others but generally, if caught at the right time,..."
"All the offices are well fitted out with good facilities. Dress code: suit (optional..."
"I start at 8.45 am and finish at 5.45 pm on average. If things get busy then I will..."
"The pay is in line with the salary for the South West. The bonus is a generous one..."
"You get a day off on your birthday!"
"I completed a week-long vacation scheme, which was followed by an assessment day..."
"The interview was a competency based interview where I was asked to explain examples..."
"We have a strong recycling initiative at the moment and we take part in a variety..."
"Overall I think the firm does well for diversity. During our annual discussion of..."
"As a trainee I have assisted with partner-led matters that can be worth millions..."
"I understand that this type of work is up to the individual to organise."
"A plus is the full range of seat options available."
"Limited choice on seat moves in certain offices."
"Ashfords are a leading firm in the South West. The people, working environment, quality..."
"The retention rates are generally good, however there is always the concern that..."
"We have our own rock band: 'The Outlaws'."
"Friendly and ambitious."
"I would say Ashfords is less bothered about an applicant's background than what that..."
"Supervisors spending more time with trainees to show off their practice area."