"A leading firm who invest in their people and take pride in their..."
- Colleagues are friendly, intelligent and happy to help others to develop.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility from the outset.
- Offices are open-plan, meaning trainees get the opportunity to sit alongside (and learn from) partners and senior lawyers.
- Trainees have contact with clients on a regular basis.
- Seat options can be limited in some offices.
- Communication around seat changes could be clearer with more notice given.
- There is not a lot of pro bono work organised by the firm.
- The level of feedback and informal training can vary between departments.
What insiders say about...
"An online application form followed by an assessment centre. The assessment centre..."
"The teamwork is great within the firm and the people really make it. The trainees..."
"Internal department training sessions are incredibly useful, and the initial induction..."
"All of the supervisors I have encountered have been very accessible and happy to..."
"The offices have recently had internal work done to them and as a result all look..."
"I usually get to work for around 8.30 am and leave by 6.00 pm in my current seat,..."
"I am paid well for a first-year trainee but we did not receive a bonus this year...."
"There are dogs in the office (and dress-down days) on Fridays."
"The process consisted of an application form, a telephone interview, an assessment..."
"I was quizzed on my interest in the technology sector. I would say that applicants..."
"The firm has a zero waste to landfill initiative and the CSR committee is currently..."
"The office is very female-heavy, although a large majority of the partners are male...."
"The quality of work is generally very good. The firm has a lot of high-profile clients..."
"It is not currently a priority, although it is something the firm is working on...."
"Very friendly. Lots of out of work activities and participation in firm events. Lots..."
"The pay for trainees isn't great."
"The friendly atmosphere and the down-to-earth nature of the Partners. This is not..."
"Fluctuating retention rates in the past have meant that it isn't a guarantee, but..."
"All staff are encouraged to train as bee keepers to assist in looking after the Ashfords..."
"Outgoing, friendly and growing"
"I would say Ashfords is less bothered about an applicant's background than what that..."
"It would be an improvement if it was more clear which departments would have seats..."