"A friendly regional firm with big aspirations."
- Colleagues are friendly, intelligent and happy to help others to develop.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility from the outset.
- Offices are open-plan, meaning trainees get the opportunity to sit alongside (and learn from) partners and senior lawyers.
- Trainees have contact with clients on a regular basis.
- Seat options can be limited in some offices.
- Communication around seat changes could be clearer with more notice given.
- There is not a lot of pro bono work organised by the firm.
- The level of feedback and informal training can vary between departments.
What insiders say about...
"An online application form followed by an assessment centre. The assessment centre..."
"The culture is very friendly and supportive. There is not a hierarchical system for..."
"We have had internal presentation training and advocacy training. These were both..."
"In general everyone is very accommodating and friendly and are very open to helping..."
"The Bristol office is in a great central location, open-plan and on the waterfront..."
"My hours are better than a lot of my friends at other law firms – I usually finish..."
"Pay is ok, but below many firms nearby by quite a bit. While I appreciate that these..."
"You get free conveyancing on house purchases (for you personally). You also get invited..."
"I completed a week-long vacation scheme, which was followed by an assessment day..."
"During my interview I had to give examples of when you have: worked in a team; faced..."
"The firm supports lots of green initiatives. There is a cycle-to-work scheme and..."
"The firm seems to have the opposite culture of most in that the majority of hires..."
"I am a Trainee Solicitor within the Commercial Litigation Department in the Exeter..."
"While the firm does not carry out any legal pro bono work, it is very committed to..."
"The quality of the work, the supportive and inclusive culture, the friendly and approachable..."
"There is a little bit of inconsistency as to how trainees are given feedback across..."
"Being from the South West, I had always been aware of Ashfords as a top regional..."
"I think the retention rates are really good at the firm. My understanding is that..."
"The Exeter office keeps its own beehives and produces its own honey."
"Ambitious, energetic and spirited."
"The firm attends law fairs at a number of universities in various areas of the country..."
"Confirming seat moves more quickly would be ideal."