"Friendly, innovative, supportive and growing."
- Colleagues are friendly, intelligent and happy to help others to develop.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility from the outset.
- Offices are open-plan, meaning trainees get the opportunity to sit alongside (and learn from) partners and senior lawyers.
- Trainees have contact with clients on a regular basis.
- Seat options can be limited in some offices.
- Communication around seat changes could be clearer with more notice given.
- There is not a lot of pro bono work organised by the firm.
- The level of feedback and informal training can vary between departments.
What insiders say about...
"There is an online application and successful candidates are then invited to an assessment..."
"Due to the open-plan office, there is little hierarchy when it comes to work during..."
"The level of training has been good. In addition to the professional skills course,..."
"This is very much dependent on department. My experience has generally been good,..."
"I really like working in the Bristol office. The space is modern, light and clean..."
"Working hours vary depending on department and workload. Office hours are 9:00am..."
"The firm has historically lagged behind its competitors but this is being brought..."
"The free gym on site in the Exeter office. You pay £5.00 for the induction and then..."
"I completed a week-long vacation scheme, which was followed by an assessment day..."
"There were lots of competency-based questions."
"The firm has a high commitment to reducing carbon footprint and an active corporate..."
"The firm is accepting and accommodating. It might not appear as diverse as firms..."
"I undertake tasks for a number of associates and partners. Due to the size of the..."
"We have involvement with local schools."
"There's a friendly atmosphere in the office and across teams."
"The location of the Exeter office. While the location is handy for business travel..."
"Full service, office in Bristol, reputation as being open and friendly firm."
"The retention rates are good but litigation is very competitive so it depends on..."
"There is a beehive at the Taunton office."
"A leading firm who invest in their people and take pride in their work."
"I would say Ashfords is less bothered about an applicant's background than what that..."
"More holiday entitlement and also more choice on seats in certain offices."