"Friendly, high quality work, good client contact."
- Colleagues are friendly, intelligent and happy to help others to develop.
- Trainees are given good levels of responsibility from the outset.
- Offices are open-plan, meaning trainees get the opportunity to sit alongside (and learn from) partners and senior lawyers.
- Trainees have contact with clients on a regular basis.
- Seat options can be limited in some offices.
- Communication around seat changes could be clearer with more notice given.
- There is not a lot of pro bono work organised by the firm.
- The level of feedback and informal training can vary between departments.
What insiders say about...
"The application process is fairly simple and linear. I would say it is most important..."
"When you walk in to the office you cannot tell who is at what level as all of the..."
"The firm has a focus on departmental training. Within the commercial property team,..."
"The support and training from my team in my current seat is great. I always receive..."
"The Plymouth and Exeter Offices are well presented and I enjoy working in the office..."
"My hours are better than a lot of my friends at other law firms – I usually finish..."
"The pay is in line with the salary for the South West. The bonus is a generous one..."
"We have a gym in the Exeter office and get travel expenses for inter-office travel...."
"The process consisted of an application form, a telephone interview, an assessment..."
"I will not be specific, however they ask candidates to give examples of where they..."
"The firms CSR group does have green initiatives, eg office plants and a cycle to..."
"I understand that the firm has policies in place for diversity. Partners and board..."
"Work is hands-on, engaging, and the levels of responsibility are high. This can be..."
"Not sure, as I have not had a seat in practice areas where this would be relevant...."
"The personal attitude taken to staff development (in particular at a junior level)..."
"Sometimes there is a lack of communication between the head office and other offices...."
"The friendly atmosphere and the down-to-earth nature of the Partners. This is not..."
"They are fairly good. I think that the firm would like to retain more newly qualified..."
"We have bee hives at two of our offices and the harvested honey gets raffled off..."
"A friendly firm that helps you to develop and grow."
"I would say Ashfords is less bothered about an applicant's background than what that..."
"A more competitive salary."