"Social, friendly, supportive."
- There is a welcoming and friendly working environment.
- Trainees are given a lot of personal responsibility while still being supported.
- Trainees have access to a wide variety of high-quality training programmes.
- A great support network of mentors and feedback is in place to help trainees develop their skills.
- The IT systems could benefit from an update.
- At busy times, work hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that the HR department could be more open.
- There could be more options when it comes to secondments.
What insiders say about...
"Hard workers, intelligent, sociable. The partners like people who are a little bit..."
"In most cases there is very much an 'open-door' policy, with people happy to answer..."
"Training at Ashurst is excellent, with frequent and trainee-specific sessions, as..."
"There is no formal mentoring process. I have had very good experiences with my supervisors,..."
"A business casual dress code applies day-to-day, which is great. We also have dress..."
"My commute is very long so I appreciate it when my supervisor allows me to take work..."
"There are no bonuses for trainees, but pay is on par with other firms."
"On the vacation scheme we were all taken to the Paris office for the day. Another..."
"When I applied a few years ago, I did a vacation scheme, submitted a CV and a cover..."
"Lots of background questions regarding my interests, extracurricular activities at..."
"A very important area which I don't think my firm promotes very much."
"Extensive initiatives taking place, the impact of which will hopefully manifest themselves..."
"Naturally your trainee role varies in each department but I have found a direct correlation..."
"The firm does an awful lot of pro bono work, including work in legal advice centres..."
"The good facilities and often interesting work."
"Ashurst is not the most generous firm in relation to salaries/bonuses. Hierarchy..."
"The combination of high quality work and fantastic working culture was the reason..."
"The general impression is good - if trainees are keen and competent it is unlikely..."
"There are lots of clubs and societies to become involved in, ranging from football..."
"International, collegiate, intellectually challenging."
"Ashurst is now implementing initiatives with schools and young people in the borough..."
"Stress levels vary depending on time pressures on particular deals or cases."
"A wider range of opportunities for client secondments, rather than solely finance-based...."