"Ashurst is exciting, fun and works internationally."
- There is a welcoming and friendly working environment.
- Trainees are given a lot of personal responsibility while still being supported.
- Trainees have access to a wide variety of high-quality training programmes.
- A great support network of mentors and feedback is in place to help trainees develop their skills.
- The IT systems could benefit from an update.
- At busy times, work hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that the HR department could be more open.
- There could be more options when it comes to secondments.
What insiders say about...
"I would recommend that interview candidates consider Ashurst's core values and remember..."
"The lack of hierarchy is one of the best things about Ashurst. Partners are never..."
"Trainee training is good and they have recently added a pro bono training programme..."
"All fee earners at Ashurst are, generally speaking, very approachable and take the..."
"This is a difficult one as Ashurst is moving offices in a few years' time. The new..."
"I work the hours that I feel are expected from a large international law firm. The..."
"There are no bonuses for trainees, but pay is on par with other firms."
"Health and Dental care, taxis after 10:00pm home, free meals after 7:00pm."
"It's extremely competitive but the process is straightforward - no assessment centres..."
"I was asked why I wanted to work for Ashurst and given questions on a commercial..."
"A very important area which I don't think my firm promotes very much."
"There are loads of networks to support staff from diverse backgrounds and the LGBT..."
"I think that big law firms sometimes exaggerate the level of client contact a trainee..."
"There always seems to be pro bono drives going on, such as work at Toynbee Hall and..."
"The internal resources are good, people very supportive and trainees have a large..."
"Fear of not being retained, compulsory finance seat, not getting the seats you would..."
"I was attracted to the culture and the high end work on offer."
"Retention rates have varied recently so it is difficult to say how many will remain..."
"Cake for the team is viewed as mandatory on your birthday."
"Ashurst has a great atmosphere and offers wonderful opportunities."
"The range of corporate social responsibility programmes is impressive."
"Able to control my work, even at times when it feels like I have lots of it. Help..."
"Allow trainees to book holiday in their next seat."