"Evolving, high quality and collegiate."
- There is a welcoming and friendly working environment.
- Trainees are given a lot of personal responsibility while still being supported.
- Trainees have access to a wide variety of high-quality training programmes.
- A great support network of mentors and feedback is in place to help trainees develop their skills.
- The IT systems could benefit from an update.
- At busy times, work hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that the HR department could be more open.
- There could be more options when it comes to secondments.
What insiders say about...
"I think the firm looks for academic excellence, commercial awareness, confidence,..."
"Friendly and collegiate working environment. Open door policy in theory, but many..."
"We've had training in legal skills such as accounts, drafting and presenting. We've..."
"Everyone goes out of their way to explain the context to the work you're expected..."
"The dress code is business casual and dress down on a Friday. The offices are a serious..."
"Peaks and troughs due to transactional nature. When not working on a deal, 9:00am-6/6:30pm..."
"Salaries are competitive."
"There are a variety of perks, including: in-house physiotherapy, acupuncture massages..."
"Difficult interviews for those who did not do a vacation scheme here. Very much a..."
"My vacation scheme interview centred around what I had put on my CV ie what my hobbies..."
"A lot of initiatives in progress."
"There is a strong emphasis on diversity, with compulsory training and a number of..."
"I think that big law firms sometimes exaggerate the level of client contact a trainee..."
"Fee earners are encouraged to do so many pro bono hours per work. Pro bono is taken..."
"I have had exceptional training and work in a balanced culture."
"The unpredictability of hours and workloads."
"The firm's focus on international infrastructure and energy projects, its excellent..."
"Ashurst have a good retention rate due to streamlining the process. The effect of..."
"We were the first law firm to have a telephone."
"Friendly and welcoming."
"Takes part in many initiatives. This is something that has really improved recently...."
"There are stressful moments - but the workload is not unmanageable."
"Ideally trainees would be able to do work in a department they are not sitting in..."