"Friendly and easy-going. It punches above its weight."
- There is a welcoming and friendly working environment.
- Trainees are given a lot of personal responsibility while still being supported.
- Trainees have access to a wide variety of high-quality training programmes.
- A great support network of mentors and feedback is in place to help trainees develop their skills.
- The IT systems could benefit from an update.
- At busy times, work hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that the HR department could be more open.
- There could be more options when it comes to secondments.
What insiders say about...
"The best preparation would be to research the firm thoroughly in terms of the types..."
"Although each team will obviously be different, my experience is that the firm is..."
"There is induction departmental training in the first two weeks and regular internal..."
"We have a one-to-one mentoring scheme in place with someone who will stay the same..."
"A business casual dress code applies day-to-day, which is great. We also have dress..."
"Work hours vary depending on department and case/transaction. There is no pressure..."
"Salaries are competitive."
"Our perks are pretty standard, though our onsite coffee bar turns into a subsidised..."
"Since I joined, the intake has reduced and the interview process has become more..."
"The usual: why Ashurst over other City/magic circle firms? Why law? What makes Ashurst..."
"Recycling is available, and solicitors are encouraged to make smart choices that..."
"There has been a big push to be a diverse firm. We have a women's network and many..."
"I'm generally very satisfied with the quality of work I am given and have lots of..."
"There are countless pro bono opportunities to be involved with, which really are..."
"The hugely supportive and collegiate atmosphere. Part of this is that trainees are..."
"Some of our IT equipment is a bit behind the times."
"The high profile of the work available. The ability to become involved in international..."
"The retention rates are generally very high."
"Ashurst was the first law firm to use the telephone - our number was 15!"
"Friendly, high-achieving, innovative."
"It hosts a lot of open days, evening workshops and runs an 'access to law' scheme..."
"There are peaks and troughs. Sometimes your stress levels can be very high, but there..."
"Split seats. It would be great if at least one of the seats could split into two..."