"Friendly and easy-going. It punches above its weight."
- There is a welcoming and friendly working environment.
- Trainees are given a lot of personal responsibility while still being supported.
- Trainees have access to a wide variety of high-quality training programmes.
- A great support network of mentors and feedback is in place to help trainees develop their skills.
- The IT systems could benefit from an update.
- At busy times, work hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that the HR department could be more open.
- There could be more options when it comes to secondments.
What insiders say about...
"Always be honest on your application form and know exactly what you put on your CV...."
"In my experience, everyone is friendly and goes out of their way to help."
"Extensive and well organised training, whether department-specific or firm-wide."
"I have sat with counsel or a partner in every seat, including a very senior partner...."
"The offices are convenient to get to, but are not particularly attractive. However,..."
"My hours have varied by department but I am in my fourth seat and I have never worked..."
"I think we are generally paid well and remunerated according to our position in the..."
"Perks include the free taxi provided after 10:00pm, and free dinner after 7:30pm...."
"I had one interview with graduate recruitment and one with two partners. They have..."
"I was asked about different methods of mergers and the pros and cons of each method..."
"There's a focus on reducing paper, but I think we need compulsory initiatives as..."
"We have diversity training and there are often events where external speakers run..."
"The role of a trainee at Ashurst varies from department to department but, generally..."
"I have worked on a variety of pro bono projects, from death row cases to the setting..."
"I have had exceptional training and work in a balanced culture."
"The number of admin tasks and the IT systems."
"An emphasis on corporate and finance seats."
"Quite good, although HR's process is very opaque. We are not told how many jobs are..."
"When starting at the firm, every trainee is given a book on the firm's history."
"A distinct firm that is personable and lively."
"Variety of schemes, including 'Access Ashurst'."
"There are stressful moments - but the workload is not unmanageable."
"It would be nice to have more information about the seat options. While we are given..."