"Ashurst has a great atmosphere and offers wonderful opportunities...."
- There is a welcoming and friendly working environment.
- Trainees are given a lot of personal responsibility while still being supported.
- Trainees have access to a wide variety of high-quality training programmes.
- A great support network of mentors and feedback is in place to help trainees develop their skills.
- The IT systems could benefit from an update.
- At busy times, work hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that the HR department could be more open.
- There could be more options when it comes to secondments.
What insiders say about...
"When you are applying read the news, know what the role of a corporate law firm is..."
"There is lots of teamwork, everyone is really friendly and the 'open-door' policy..."
"In the first two weeks of each seat there are six or seven training sessions specific..."
"Feedback is readily available and all levels of fee earners are easily approachable...."
"The location is fantastic - halfway between Shoreditch and Liverpool Street. Offices..."
"Hours can be long in certain departments. They are not consistently ridiculous but..."
"Could do more to compete better with other, especially American, firms."
"Taxis, doctor and dentist and massages on-site."
"I had one interview with graduate recruitment and one with two partners. They have..."
"In the interview I was asked why I want to be a solicitor rather than a barrister,..."
"There are plenty of posters asking you to turn lights and computers off, and think..."
"There are regular firm-wide diversity awareness sessions as well as talks from external..."
"I think that big law firms sometimes exaggerate the level of client contact a trainee..."
"I'm on the Gender Equality Pro Bono Steering Committee and have also done research..."
"There's a genuinely supportive atmosphere, interesting work and an enjoyable level..."
"As is the nature of a large commercial law firm, the hours can be unpredictable."
"It was a firm that seemed to be going places. It was incredibly ambitious (and had..."
"Our retention rates are generally quite high."
"There is a book on the history of Ashurst, which includes very old photos of the..."
"Outgoing, bold, bright."
"Trainees get involved in initiatives in local schools, and graduate recruitment have..."
"There are peaks and troughs. Sometimes your stress levels can be very high, but there..."
"More international secondments to be made available."