"Ambitious and growing, with a friendly ethos."
- There is a welcoming and friendly working environment.
- Trainees are given a lot of personal responsibility while still being supported.
- Trainees have access to a wide variety of high-quality training programmes.
- A great support network of mentors and feedback is in place to help trainees develop their skills.
- The IT systems could benefit from an update.
- At busy times, work hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that the HR department could be more open.
- There could be more options when it comes to secondments.
What insiders say about...
"Be honest and enthusiastic about your interests."
"The trainees really get on well, so much so that we organise a lot of after-work..."
"Training at Ashurst is excellent, with frequent and trainee-specific sessions, as..."
"It could be better but differs from department to department."
"The offices aren't particularly fancy, in my opinion, but are five minutes from Liverpool..."
"Work hours vary depending on which department you are in and what you are working..."
"They're not as high as they could be for certain departments."
"Perks include the free taxi provided after 10:00pm, and free dinner after 7:30pm...."
"I had one interview with graduate recruitment and one with two partners. They have..."
"In my first interview with recruitment I was asked about myself and how I work with..."
"The firm has recycling bins everywhere. Folders, deed boxes and plastic wallets etc..."
"There are a number of committees that are dedicated to encouraging diversity and..."
"In the Real Estate Department we have access to client contact and responsibility..."
"We are always getting information about pro bono work so there are loads of opportunities..."
"Trainees at Ashurst have a good level of responsibility and the firm works with high..."
"At times I can feel under-resourced to complete the amount of work I'm assigned."
"I met two trainees at a law fair who showed me the type of people that I would be..."
"Retention rates are standard compared to other firms, but Ashurst ensures it doesn't..."
"George Harrison of the Beatles wrote a song about one of the firm's founders titled..."
"Inclusive, approachable and impressive."
"Takes part in many initiatives. This is something that has really improved recently...."
"There are peaks and troughs. Sometimes your stress levels can be very high, but there..."
"More international secondments to be made available."