"An all-round high-flyer."
- There is a welcoming and friendly working environment.
- Trainees are given a lot of personal responsibility while still being supported.
- Trainees have access to a wide variety of high-quality training programmes.
- A great support network of mentors and feedback is in place to help trainees develop their skills.
- The IT systems could benefit from an update.
- At busy times, work hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that the HR department could be more open.
- There could be more options when it comes to secondments.
What insiders say about...
"Someone bright and lively, full of energy and enthusiasm. Most of my contemporaries..."
"The lack of hierarchy is one of the best things about Ashurst. Partners are never..."
"We've had training in legal skills such as accounts, drafting and presenting. We've..."
"We have a one-to-one mentoring scheme in place with someone who will stay the same..."
"The current offices are a little bit 'run down'. However, Ashurst will be moving..."
"There are many factors that seem to determine whether your hours are long or not...."
"I think we are generally paid well and remunerated according to our position in the..."
"Taxis home after 10:00pm. And a £2000 interest free loan before you start - a life..."
"It's extremely competitive but the process is straightforward - no assessment centres..."
"Why Ashurst? Why law? I was asked about a recent commercial story of interest and..."
"The Corporate Social Responsibility Committee is keen on this, but personally I don't..."
"Lots of training about diversity but not sure it necessarily relates to the amount..."
"Depends on the department but in a transactional team trainees generally gets lots..."
"Lots of opportunities to get involved voluntarily with various pro bono projects..."
"The quality of the work given to trainees is good."
"The appraisal system is a bit clunky, though this is being worked on. The bonus system..."
"I enjoyed the interview process and everyone I spoke to at the firm on the day of..."
"The retention rates at Ashurst are typically high, reflecting the high quality of..."
"If you ever fancy listening to some loud rock music, go across to reprographics where..."
"Ashurst is inclusive, cohesive and friendly."
"They have a number of schemes, such as a mentoring scheme."
"At busy times it can get very stressful and you may be given a lot of responsibility,..."
"I would have leaving at 5:30pm on a Friday as standard. There is nothing more upsetting..."