"The global girl next door - likeable and widely underestimated...."
- There is a welcoming and friendly working environment.
- Trainees are given a lot of personal responsibility while still being supported.
- Trainees have access to a wide variety of high-quality training programmes.
- A great support network of mentors and feedback is in place to help trainees develop their skills.
- The IT systems could benefit from an update.
- At busy times, work hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that the HR department could be more open.
- There could be more options when it comes to secondments.
What insiders say about...
"I would recommend that interview candidates consider Ashurst's core values and remember..."
"Although in theory there is a hierarchy, people are very approachable in the office...."
"Training goes beyond the Professional Skills Courses. On changing seats each department..."
"Everyone goes out of their way to explain the context to the work you're expected..."
"A business casual dress code applies day-to-day, which is great. We also have dress..."
"Vary dramatically - peaks and troughs."
"The pay is not far off Magic Circle firms and the additional bonuses are helpful..."
"On the vacation scheme we were all taken to the Paris office for the day. Another..."
"Back when I got my training contract, (over six years ago), it was one of the easiest..."
"If you had a million pounds to invest in a company, what company would you invest..."
"We haven't had as much training in environmental matters as other areas, but a number..."
"We get lots of talks on diversity and there are groups for LGBT, disabilities, women..."
"While all trainees have to deal with data sites, originals and deeds etc, both departments..."
"Target of 50 pro bono hours for all, including trainees. Pro bono is treated as billable..."
"Undeniably, the culture. Ashurst really is a friendly place to work and the trainee..."
"They only tell us our seat choices two weeks before we move seats."
"Work culture is important to me and Ashurst has what I was looking for: unstuffy,..."
"Ashurst has high retention rates."
"William Ashurst (founder), his daughter and granddaughters were known in the 19th..."
"Collegiate, friendly and ambitious."
"The firm is currently working with Rare, an organisation specifically set up to help..."
"Able to control my work, even at times when it feels like I have lots of it. Help..."
"More transparency when it comes to the seat choices and HR's qualification process...."