"Good-quality work and an excellent team atmosphere."
- There is a welcoming and friendly working environment.
- Trainees are given a lot of personal responsibility while still being supported.
- Trainees have access to a wide variety of high-quality training programmes.
- A great support network of mentors and feedback is in place to help trainees develop their skills.
- The IT systems could benefit from an update.
- At busy times, work hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that the HR department could be more open.
- There could be more options when it comes to secondments.
What insiders say about...
"Good grades, languages, hard-working, positive, understands the role and what is..."
"One of the best things about Ashurst is that it is very sociable both in the office..."
"The negotiation skills training was particularly useful and enjoyable."
"Generally supervision is good and in my experience supervisors have gone out of their..."
"The office space could be improved, but a move is planned in the near future. The..."
"Work hours vary depending on department and case/transaction. There is no pressure..."
"Decent pay, though not as high as other law firms."
"There's free museum memberships, local discounts and a great new in-house restaurant..."
"Since I joined, the intake has reduced and the interview process has become more..."
"My vacation scheme interview centred around what I had put on my CV ie what my hobbies..."
"A lot of initiatives in progress."
"The firm is committed to making it easier for women to become partners and providing..."
"Life in a busy department, work is satisfying - trainees are trusted to liaise with..."
"Trainees attend compulsory pro bono training shortly after starting at the firm and..."
"The culture, hours and people."
"The appraisal system is a bit clunky, though this is being worked on. The bonus system..."
"Reputation as top corporate firm but with a friendly attitude."
"The firm, I understand, has a generally high retention rate."
"George Harrison of the Beatles wrote a song about one of the firm's founders titled..."
"A professional, flexible and ambitious firm to work for."
"Ashurst is now implementing initiatives with schools and young people in the borough..."
"There are stressful moments - but the workload is not unmanageable."
"Less 'face-time', guarantee of seats."