"Impressive overseas opportunities."
- There is a welcoming and friendly working environment.
- Trainees are given a lot of personal responsibility while still being supported.
- Trainees have access to a wide variety of high-quality training programmes.
- A great support network of mentors and feedback is in place to help trainees develop their skills.
- The IT systems could benefit from an update.
- At busy times, work hours can be long and unpredictable.
- Some feel that the HR department could be more open.
- There could be more options when it comes to secondments.
What insiders say about...
"You should research the firm and know it inside out. Also know why you want to work..."
"There's a good rapport among colleagues and a decent social life. Hours are not always..."
"In the first two weeks of each seat there are six or seven training sessions specific..."
"Varying standards of supervisor; I've had two excellent, one average and one bad...."
"The firm's location is great but the offices are a little bit old. That said, the..."
"I'm usually out of the office by 7:30pm but there are times when a bit more commitment..."
"Pay is in keeping with the top City firms - so I can't really complain."
"There are a variety of perks, including: in-house physiotherapy, acupuncture massages..."
"I had one interview with graduate recruitment and one with two partners. They have..."
"Questions were largely scenario-based in the partner interview, they focus on commercial..."
"The firm is moving towards a paperless operation and has taken certain measures such..."
"Ashurst is very keen to promote its diversity policy. In particular, there are specific..."
"I have had a good amount of client contact in both professional and social environments...."
"There are lots of opportunities (and much encouragement) to get involved in a wide..."
"Trainees at Ashurst have a good level of responsibility and the firm works with high..."
"Some of our IT equipment is a bit behind the times."
"The firm's international outlook and expansion was the reason why I applied here...."
"There are good retention rates and, usually, only a couple of people go elsewhere..."
"We were the first law firm to have a telephone."
"Great, highly intelligent and conscientious people."
"The range of corporate social responsibility programmes is impressive."
"At busy times it can get very stressful and you may be given a lot of responsibility,..."
"More international secondments to be made available."