We solve some of the most complex engineering problems that Europe faces today – applying innovative thinking, pioneering technologies and outstanding projects to create the best outcome for clients and society, every single time. And this is all made possible by the people that make up Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin group.
From re-designing Heathrow to transforming offshore wind and nuclear, our community of diverse thought and different perspectives come together to make incredible things happen. It’s a community that shares in the belief that everyone’s voice is valuable and should be treated equally. A community that understands that everyone deserves to feel like they belong – no exceptions.
In the UK & Europe region, we have specific areas of focus that we’re promising to deliver on. They differ from our other regions and have been carefully selected to reflect what we’ve heard matters most to people here. These commitments are to:
- Identify and recruit from the most diverse talent pool (we’re a Disability Confident employer, click here to learn more.)
- Increase our early careers intake to 35% female.
- Launch and embed a STEM Returners programme (click here to learn more.)
- Deliver on our promise as part of the Equality & Human Rights Commission campaign 'Working Forward' - a campaign to support pregnant mums and new parents.
- Develop new and improved ways to sponsor talent from underrepresented groups.
- Identify and raise awareness of role models as part of our ongoing communication programme.
More than just commercial imperatives, these are our responsibilities as a business committed to leading the change we want to see in the UK & Europe region. We know that it won’t be easy. There’s no two ways about it. But they’re the first steps in our journey to become an even more diverse and inclusive business, and we’re committed to making progress. Why? Because, simply put, it’s the right thing to do.