"Highly successful with a genuinely friendly culture."
- The salary is seen as being competitive and fair for the work carried out.
- Training is extensive and comprehensive and mentors in the office are helpful and available.
- Interesting and engaging work is offered to graduates from an early stage.
- There’s a friendly and cooperative environment with a flat hierarchy.
- The options for career advancement are not very transparent after a certain point.
- Diversity is seen as being poor at senior levels.
- Some feel there could be more secondments across departments.
- There could be more clarity around decision making in the company.
What insiders say about...
"I recommend candidates use their interview questions as prompts to tell a story which..."
"Baillie Gifford has a very team-orientated, close-knit and friendly culture. Teamwork..."
"The office space is spacious and bright, the location is extremely central and most..."
"Our core hours are 9.00 am to 5.00 pm with an hour for lunch and I have very rarely..."
"I think the remuneration is very competitive, especially given the lower living costs..."
"The pension scheme is very good and above average in my opinion."
"There was a CV-based interview but no formal assessments involved. Personality, attitude..."
"Various competency questions were asked, followed by some questions about me, my..."
"I think there's a lot more we could do as an employer. However, the Green Group is..."
"Management are highly accessible. We all sit together. Performance feedback is very..."
"I think there's a long way to go in terms of seeing a visible improvement in levels..."
"I think transparency and communication around this could be better. However, I get..."
"I write reports on companies, trying to gauge their long-term future profits."
"Baillie Gifford is a very sociable and close-knit firm, giving you the opportunity..."
"I have heard from some co-workers that the worst thing about working at this company..."
"Baillie Gifford started as a law firm 110 years ago."
"Non-hierarchical and a good place to learn."
"It seemed like a friendly place to work and a good learning environment. The interview..."
"The first few months consisted of intensive technical training and a broad introduction..."
"Encourage more secondments across different departments."