"Very friendly, professional and aspirational place to work."
- The salary is seen as being competitive and fair for the work carried out.
- Training is extensive and comprehensive and mentors in the office are helpful and available.
- Interesting and engaging work is offered to graduates from an early stage.
- There’s a friendly and cooperative environment with a flat hierarchy.
- There aren’t many international opportunities on offer.
- Diversity is seen as needing work at senior levels.
- Some may find the amount of independence they’re given intimidating.
- There could be more clarity around decision making in the company.
What insiders say about...
"I was pleasantly surprised by the interview process at Baillie Gifford. There were..."
"The majority of employees are friendly and approachable, from top to bottom. Managers..."
"We have a really central Edinburgh location. The dress code is professional with..."
"The degree of flexible working that one can take up is often team-dependent, although..."
"I am not really clued up on average salaries for similar roles here in Edinburgh...."
"We get invited to lots of things we sponsor (museums and book festivals etc) and..."
"The interview process is relatively short compared to some other companies. I preferred..."
"I was asked questions about why I applied and what interested me in the IT field...."
"There is a dedicated action group that looks into green initiatives."
"Baillie Gifford takes mentoring very seriously. Every investment graduate will have..."
"There's not a lot of senior diversity. I think progress in addressing this is a little..."
"There's lots of uncertainty. I have little clarity on promotion possibilities and..."
"Being a graduate on such a rotational programme means you can get exposure to some..."
"The work is intellectually stimulating. I work with friendly and approachable colleagues..."
"International opportunities are more limited than I'd like."
"The projects throughout the training programme. On the investment research graduate..."
"An open-minded and supportive employer."
"The prospect of a highly enjoyable and rewarding career."
"The training provided is top notch. CFA Level I and the IMC are requirements within..."
"Encourage more secondments across different departments."