"Very friendly, professional and aspirational place to work."
- The salary is seen as being competitive and fair for the work carried out.
- Training is extensive and comprehensive and mentors in the office are helpful and available.
- Interesting and engaging work is offered to graduates from an early stage.
- There’s a friendly and cooperative environment with a flat hierarchy.
- There aren’t many international opportunities on offer.
- Diversity is seen as needing work at senior levels.
- Some may find the amount of independence they’re given intimidating.
- There could be more clarity around decision making in the company.
What insiders say about...
"Research the company's structure, what their business plan is and the technologies..."
"There's a big emphasis on socialising, which is great when you've moved to a new..."
"We have fine offices in a good location in Edinburgh. Some facilities could be better...."
"Our core hours are 9.00 am to 5.00 pm with an hour for lunch and I have very rarely..."
"The pay is competitive for a graduate scheme and the bonus and pension scheme are..."
"We have a fantastic pension scheme."
"The interview process is relatively short compared to some other companies. I preferred..."
"I was asked questions about why I applied and what interested me in the IT field...."
"There is a dedicated action group that looks into green initiatives."
"Baillie Gifford takes mentoring very seriously. Every investment graduate will have..."
"I think there's a long way to go in terms of seeing a visible improvement in levels..."
"It's a strict five-year training programme and then things are reasonably clear after..."
"I've had very good work opportunities. Day to day I may be meeting with different..."
"Getting excellent opportunities early on in our career. There's travel and opportunities..."
"I sometimes feel I am not being stretched enough as a developer and the firm can..."
"Baillie Gifford sponsors many events and charities throughout Scotland."
"An open-minded and supportive employer."
"It appreciates qualitative research and there is a true cognitive diversity at the..."
"The training programmes cover a broad spectrum of things such as industry qualifications,..."
"I think there should be slightly more focus on the final role the graduate may wish..."