"An open-minded and supportive employer."
- The salary is seen as being competitive and fair for the work carried out.
- Training is extensive and comprehensive and mentors in the office are helpful and available.
- Interesting and engaging work is offered to graduates from an early stage.
- There’s a friendly and cooperative environment with a flat hierarchy.
- There aren’t many international opportunities on offer.
- Diversity is seen as needing work at senior levels.
- Some may find the amount of independence they’re given intimidating.
- There could be more clarity around decision making in the company.
What insiders say about...
"I would recommend researching the company. The company culture is hugely important..."
"There's a very good culture, primarily due to the strong work/life balance that is..."
"We have a really central Edinburgh location. The dress code is professional with..."
"Work hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm, but the general culture is to arrive a little early..."
"I think the remuneration is very competitive, especially given the lower living costs..."
"There are free tickets to lots of operas and ballets as well as monthly company-wide..."
"The interview process is relatively short compared to some other companies. I preferred..."
"The first interview focused on my CV and life choices, while the second interview..."
"I'm not entirely sure what they are but initiatives definitely exist. They could..."
"Management sit with employees in an open plan office, and are easily accessible...."
"There's not a lot of senior diversity. I think progress in addressing this is a little..."
"The structure is very flat and employees tend to stay for a long time with low turnover...."
"My role involves a range of tasks including: reviewing companies, writing reports,..."
"The work environment is very relaxed and I very rarely have to work late. There are..."
"A lack of feedback can make it a challenging role when starting out."
"There's free fruit and coffee available for all employees every day."
"Hard-working, good culture, friendly, motivational, quality."
"I learned about Baillie Gifford during the university careers fair. The representatives..."
"The training is extensive, especially in the first month of the graduate scheme...."
"Encourage more secondments across different departments."