"A positive working environment."
- The salary is seen as being competitive and fair for the work carried out.
- Training is extensive and comprehensive and mentors in the office are helpful and available.
- Interesting and engaging work is offered to graduates from an early stage.
- There’s a friendly and cooperative environment with a flat hierarchy.
- There aren’t many international opportunities on offer.
- Diversity is seen as needing work at senior levels.
- Some may find the amount of independence they’re given intimidating.
- There could be more clarity around decision making in the company.
What insiders say about...
"Explore the Baillie Gifford philosophy and process by reading on the website, the..."
"There's a very good culture, primarily due to the strong work/life balance that is..."
"We have fine offices in a good location in Edinburgh. Some facilities could be better...."
"I sometimes stay late but this is always by choice. Some people work from home on..."
"The company gives fantastic bonuses that are available to graduates."
"We have a good-quality pension, subsidised private healthcare, free book-festival..."
"There was a CV-based interview but no formal assessments involved. Personality, attitude..."
"The first interview focused on my CV and life choices, while the second interview..."
"The company recently stopped providing paper cups for coffee and water and instead..."
"Overall I've found managers to be extremely accessible. I've rarely felt uncomfortable..."
"There's not a lot of senior diversity. I think progress in addressing this is a little..."
"There's lots of uncertainty. I have little clarity on promotion possibilities and..."
"I've had very good work opportunities. Day to day I may be meeting with different..."
"Very comprehensive three year training program; interesting people with different..."
"I live in Glasgow and my commute can be very long."
"The projects throughout the training programme. On the investment research graduate..."
"Hard-working, good culture, friendly, motivational, quality."
"It appreciates qualitative research and there is a true cognitive diversity at the..."
"A vast amount of training opportunities are available."
"More international opportunities for support staff."