"Great culture, friendly, supportive and motivating."
- The salary is seen as being competitive and fair for the work carried out.
- Training is extensive and comprehensive and mentors in the office are helpful and available.
- Interesting and engaging work is offered to graduates from an early stage.
- There’s a friendly and cooperative environment with a flat hierarchy.
- There aren’t many international opportunities on offer.
- Diversity is seen as needing work at senior levels.
- Some may find the amount of independence they’re given intimidating.
- There could be more clarity around decision making in the company.
What insiders say about...
"I submitted my covering letter and CV directly to Baillie Gifford via the careers..."
"Baillie Gifford is a friendly place with approachable colleagues. The hierarchy is..."
"We have a great central location and a comfortable office with ongoing efforts being..."
"The core hours are 9.00 am to 5.00 pm week for everyone. Working from home is also..."
"I feel we are very well paid and the bonuses are very generous. However I know some..."
"We get the day off before an exam so we can revise. There are strong pension contributions..."
"The interview process is relatively short compared to some other companies. I preferred..."
"Various competency questions were asked, followed by some questions about me, my..."
"I think there's a lot more we could do as an employer. However, the Green Group is..."
"Managers are very accessible and within the first few weeks I had already spoken..."
"The current situation in terms of the numbers (eg low numbers of female partners..."
"There's lots of uncertainty. I have little clarity on promotion possibilities and..."
"I'm very satisfied as my work is varied and challenging."
"The best thing is the work/life balance. Our hours are civilised and we are treated..."
"There's a lack of diversity but this is improving."
"The projects throughout the training programme. On the investment research graduate..."
"Supportive and receptive."
"The graduate scheme presented a chance to explore different roles, which was great..."
"For the first month of the programme you are in constant training. You are educated..."
"I think the company should give you more time off for CFA study."