"Open-minded and supportive."
- The salary is seen as being competitive and fair for the work carried out.
- Training is extensive and comprehensive and mentors in the office are helpful and available.
- Interesting and engaging work is offered to graduates from an early stage.
- There’s a friendly and cooperative environment with a flat hierarchy.
- There aren’t many international opportunities on offer.
- Diversity is seen as needing work at senior levels.
- Some may find the amount of independence they’re given intimidating.
- There could be more clarity around decision making in the company.
What insiders say about...
"The application process was good compared to other firms. The process was personal..."
"There is a reasonably flat structure and everyone is approachable at work. The majority..."
"We have fine offices in a good location in Edinburgh. Some facilities could be better...."
"The employer itself is pretty flexible with working hours and location if the role..."
"It's a good salary, though there seems to be limited room for negotiation and/or..."
"There are free tickets to lots of operas and ballets as well as monthly company-wide..."
"I had two interviews: a technical test and a lunch with my potential managers."
"The interview questions varied from the basic explaining of why you want the role..."
"I'm not entirely sure what they are but initiatives definitely exist. They could..."
"Management are highly accessible. We all sit together. Performance feedback is very..."
"There's a lot of work going into the promotion of diversity and inclusion within..."
"It's a strict five-year training programme and then things are reasonably clear after..."
"I've had very good work opportunities. Day to day I may be meeting with different..."
"The best thing is the work/life balance. Our hours are civilised and we are treated..."
"We're given a lot of independence, which (while great) can be a little intimidating..."
"Baillie Gifford sponsors many events and charities throughout Scotland."
"A nurturing employer that broadens one's horizons."
"I'd previously worked for a media agency that serviced Baillie Gifford as one of..."
"A vast amount of training opportunities are available."
"Encourage more secondments across different departments."