"Caring, resourceful and innovative."
- The salary is seen as being competitive and fair for the work carried out.
- Training is extensive and comprehensive and mentors in the office are helpful and available.
- Interesting and engaging work is offered to graduates from an early stage.
- There’s a friendly and cooperative environment with a flat hierarchy.
- There aren’t many international opportunities on offer.
- Diversity is seen as needing work at senior levels.
- Some may find the amount of independence they’re given intimidating.
- There could be more clarity around decision making in the company.
What insiders say about...
"I would not worry too much about preparing for an algorithms and data structures..."
"The majority of employees are friendly and approachable, from top to bottom. Managers..."
"We have a great central location and a comfortable office with ongoing efforts being..."
"Some teams have longer hours and less flexible working than others."
"I am not really clued up on average salaries for similar roles here in Edinburgh...."
"We get the day off before an exam so we can revise. There are strong pension contributions..."
"Baillie Gifford is looking for a particular type of person for their investment management..."
"I was asked lots of questions regarding my experience, both professional (which was..."
"Efforts are being made to reduce our carbon footprint, energy usage and waste generation...."
"Managers, directors and partners do not have their own offices, they sit at desks..."
"There's a lot of work going into the promotion of diversity and inclusion within..."
"The structure is very flat and employees tend to stay for a long time with low turnover...."
"I am very satisfied with the quality of the work I am assigned. I examine companies,..."
"Baillie Gifford offers you continuous training (technical, financial, soft skills)..."
"A lack of feedback can make it a challenging role when starting out."
"There's free fruit and coffee available for all employees every day."
"Supportive and receptive."
"I had a positive experience with the company on a trip with university. I also enjoyed..."
"For the first month of the programme you are in constant training. You are educated..."
"I would have a more relaxed dress code as a large chunk of employees do not have..."