"Supportive, engaging and interesting."
- The salary is seen as being competitive and fair for the work carried out.
- Training is extensive and comprehensive and mentors in the office are helpful and available.
- Interesting and engaging work is offered to graduates from an early stage.
- There’s a friendly and cooperative environment with a flat hierarchy.
- There aren’t many international opportunities on offer.
- Diversity is seen as needing work at senior levels.
- Some may find the amount of independence they’re given intimidating.
- There could be more clarity around decision making in the company.
What insiders say about...
"Research the company's structure, what their business plan is and the technologies..."
"I have open-minded, supportive and sociable colleagues. There's a flat organisational..."
"The office space is spacious and bright, the location is extremely central and most..."
"Work hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm, but the general culture is to arrive a little early..."
"I'm very happy as it's benchmarked against industries in London. It's a very good..."
"We get invited to lots of things we sponsor (museums and book festivals etc) and..."
"There was a CV-based interview but no formal assessments involved. Personality, attitude..."
"Why finance? Why Baillie Gifford? I was asked a variety of questions about my CV..."
"Efforts are being made to reduce our carbon footprint, energy usage and waste generation...."
"There's a strong learning and teaching culture at the firm."
"While the partnership is not diverse with respect to gender and ethnic diversity..."
"The first five years of an investment graduate's career are clearly set out. Promotion..."
"My primary role is to analyse companies. I have complete freedom to research what..."
"The tremendous support and ample opportunity to develop as an investment professional...."
"Time to prepare for CFA exam should be extended by at least a week in my view. Culture..."
"There's free fruit and coffee available for all employees every day."
"Very friendly, professional and aspirational place to work."
"I'd previously worked for a media agency that serviced Baillie Gifford as one of..."
"The first few months consisted of intensive technical training and a broad introduction..."
"Have a public transport scheme to help regular commuters."