"Self-reflective, dynamic and spirited."
- The salary is seen as being competitive and fair for the work carried out.
- Training is extensive and comprehensive and mentors in the office are helpful and available.
- Interesting and engaging work is offered to graduates from an early stage.
- There’s a friendly and cooperative environment with a flat hierarchy.
- There aren’t many international opportunities on offer.
- Diversity is seen as needing work at senior levels.
- Some may find the amount of independence they’re given intimidating.
- There could be more clarity around decision making in the company.
What insiders say about...
"Read fund fact-sheets/updates on the Baillie Gifford website to get a flavour for..."
"There is a reasonably flat structure and everyone is approachable at work. The majority..."
"We have a great central location and a comfortable office with ongoing efforts being..."
"The core hours are 9.00 am to 5.00 pm week for everyone. Working from home is also..."
"The pay structure is in line with the sector, however, living costs in Edinburgh..."
"Our summer event is paid for and includes a range of activities from off-roading..."
"There was a CV-based interview but no formal assessments involved. Personality, attitude..."
"The interview questions varied from the basic explaining of why you want the role..."
"I think there's a lot more we could do as an employer. However, the Green Group is..."
"Management sit with employees in an open plan office, and are easily accessible...."
"The current situation in terms of the numbers (eg low numbers of female partners..."
"There's lots of uncertainty. I have little clarity on promotion possibilities and..."
"Changing department frequently means meeting lots of new people and learning about..."
"The best thing is the work/life balance. Our hours are civilised and we are treated..."
"I think there is a slight lack of transparency in decision processes at times. It's..."
"There's free fruit and coffee available for all employees every day."
"Open-minded and supportive."
"It appreciates qualitative research and there is a true cognitive diversity at the..."
"The training programmes cover a broad spectrum of things such as industry qualifications,..."
"I would have a more relaxed dress code as a large chunk of employees do not have..."