"Self-reflective, dynamic and spirited."
- The salary is seen as being competitive and fair for the work carried out.
- Training is extensive and comprehensive and mentors in the office are helpful and available.
- Interesting and engaging work is offered to graduates from an early stage.
- There’s a friendly and cooperative environment with a flat hierarchy.
- There aren’t many international opportunities on offer.
- Diversity is seen as needing work at senior levels.
- Some may find the amount of independence they’re given intimidating.
- There could be more clarity around decision making in the company.
What insiders say about...
"I recommend candidates use their interview questions as prompts to tell a story which..."
"The work/life balance is great and the company really looks after its employees...."
"The office is spacious and bright and the location is very central in Edinburgh...."
"The working week is 35 hours and I'm normally out by 5.30 pm. Baillie Gifford is..."
"I'd say it's on the upper end of the scale compared to other graduate roles elsewhere...."
"Our summer event is paid for and includes a range of activities from off-roading..."
"There was a CV-based interview but no formal assessments involved. Personality, attitude..."
"I was asked questions about why I applied and what interested me in the IT field...."
"The company recently stopped providing paper cups for coffee and water and instead..."
"Communication between all employees is very easy. Managers are extremely approachable...."
"There's not a lot of senior diversity. I think progress in addressing this is a little..."
"The first five years of an investment graduate's career are clearly set out. Promotion..."
"I am responsible for producing the marketing materials that go out to pitch for new..."
"Baillie Gifford offers you continuous training (technical, financial, soft skills)..."
"I think there is a slight lack of transparency in decision processes at times. It's..."
"There's free fruit and coffee available for all employees every day."
"Excellent investment firm."
"The prospect of a highly enjoyable and rewarding career."
"I have been on SQL, VMware and Palo Alto courses. I have picked up vital skills for..."
"Encourage more secondments across different departments."