"Friendly, open, international, commercial."
- Trainee pay is seen as being very competitive in the market and new qualifier pay is set to increase.
- Graduates can be given a high level of responsibility from an early stage.
- There’s a degree of flexibility in working hours that allows people to work from home in the evenings.
- Diversity is important to the firm and many events and groups are set up to support this.
- Internal communication could be improved to help things run more smoothly.
- Some feel that there could be more engagement with trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat rotations.
- While the location is popular, the offices are seen as being somewhat dated.
What insiders say about...
"Ensure you know about the firm, your strengths and weaknesses and how you would fit..."
"The firm is pretty non-hierarchical, the culture is friendly and everyone is always..."
"Day-to-day training from the lawyers is fantastic and receiving feedback is a given...."
"The feedback system is inconsistent but partner and senior associate approachability..."
"While the office space is dated, the facilities are generally of a good standard,..."
"My work hours in corporate have been rather up and down, with some 2:00am finishes..."
"The current trainee salary is well within the upper bracket of City firms and what..."
"Perks of working at Baker & McKenzie include invites to client events at one of the..."
"I did not undertake a vacation scheme at this firm, but obtained a training contract..."
"I was asked a true mix of questions on my previous work experience, situations where..."
"I think the firm could do better in this regard."
"The diversity commitment is certainly one of the best in the City. There is a strong..."
"If you seek out responsibility, you can usually get it. I have had a lot of client..."
"There are lots of pro bono opportunities at Baker & McKenzie, including a legal advice..."
"The people. I feel that I have made friends for life while working at the firm. I..."
"The hours can be long (at times) depending on the seat you are at but it all helps..."
"I could see people like me (minority race, foreign accent, non-local and LGBT+) in..."
"Retention rates have historically been quite strong and, since the firm is growing,..."
"We have moss dogs on our roof terrace named Baker, Mac and Kenzie."
"Fast-paced and welcoming with a strong work/life balance."
"There are a wide variety of outreach programmes, and trainees are actively encouraged..."
"I'd like a broader range of overseas secondment opportunities. There are some amazing..."