"Global, agile and genuinely friendly."
- Trainee pay is seen as being very competitive in the market and new qualifier pay is set to increase.
- Graduates can be given a high level of responsibility from an early stage.
- There’s a degree of flexibility in working hours that allows people to work from home in the evenings.
- Diversity is important to the firm and many events and groups are set up to support this.
- Internal communication could be improved to help things run more smoothly.
- Some feel that there could be more engagement with trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat rotations.
- While the location is popular, the offices are seen as being somewhat dated.
What insiders say about...
"I attended an assessment centre and had interviews and tests. The best preparation..."
"The firm is pretty non-hierarchical, the culture is friendly and everyone is always..."
"Training programmes are very well organised and consistent. The best aspect is the..."
"Positive feedback is limited (depending on the department). I have found that people..."
"The location is great but the facilities and office space are so-so and a bit dated...."
"Although long hours are often necessary, there is no culture of 'face-time' at Bakers...."
"Trainee salaries are top end, but there aren't bonuses to reward those who have achieved..."
"There's great access to museum exhibitions in London, a good pension and good gym..."
"The interview process has changed since I underwent it, but there is currently a..."
"I had two interviews: one interview was competency based, where they asked when I..."
"I understand that there are measures in place to reduce the firm's carbon footprint,..."
"The diversity commitment is certainly one of the best in the City. There is a strong..."
"While I rarely deal with clients directly, I can listen in on client calls, and attend..."
"I've worked on Amicus capital punishment cases."
"Every project I have worked on so far has had a global nature, and the professional..."
"The office needs a full-scale upgrade or we need to move. The tech could be improved..."
"I could see people like me (minority race, foreign accent, non-local and LGBT+) in..."
"The retention rates aren't bad and there are enough roles normally, but they are..."
"The trainees convinced the London managing partner to dance the Hugh Grant dance..."
"Very friendly people, great atmosphere to work in."
"There are a wide variety of outreach programmes, and trainees are actively encouraged..."
"A more transparent process of seat allocation would be good."