"The firm is friendly, hard-working, international and interesting...."
- Trainee pay is seen as being very competitive in the market and new qualifier pay is set to increase.
- Graduates can be given a high level of responsibility from an early stage.
- There’s a degree of flexibility in working hours that allows people to work from home in the evenings.
- Diversity is important to the firm and many events and groups are set up to support this.
- Internal communication could be improved to help things run more smoothly.
- Some feel that there could be more engagement with trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat rotations.
- While the location is popular, the offices are seen as being somewhat dated.
What insiders say about...
"There's an online application, online tests, a video interview and an assessment..."
"The culture is really good as it is genuinely diverse and inclusive. People are generally..."
"There is structured training when you join as a trainee and department-specific training..."
"Some supervisors are better than others, which will be the case wherever you go...."
"The firm has big offices with good facilities. The dress code is fairly relaxed,..."
"Agile working is not available to trainees unfortunately."
"Pay is competitive with my friends around the City. Would prefer a more lucrative..."
"There is nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to perks. There are free taxis..."
"I did not undertake a vacation scheme at this firm, but obtained a training contract..."
"I was asked everything from: 'why do you want to be at Bakers' to 'tell me three..."
"The firm is making significant efforts to recycle and encourage reduction of our..."
"Diversity events are very important to our firm. BakerWomen, BakerAllies and BakerLGBT..."
"My role day to day includes drafting transaction documents, researching, communicating..."
"There are a huge amount of pro bono initiatives on offer, ranging from assisting..."
"The high calibre of work and the friendly and helpful colleagues."
"The trainee seat allocation procedure is somewhat opaque."
"The week I spent here encouraged me to apply; the people and the work they gave me..."
"The retention rates are very high. I am confident that there will be a job for me..."
"The firm was started when two strangers met in the back of a cab. Which is a bit..."
"Friendly and ambitious."
"The firm participates in the PRIME programme of work experience. Social mobility..."
"Give future trainees a day or two in each department to experience it before making..."