"Very friendly people, great atmosphere to work in."
- Trainee pay is seen as being very competitive in the market and new qualifier pay is set to increase.
- Graduates can be given a high level of responsibility from an early stage.
- There’s a degree of flexibility in working hours that allows people to work from home in the evenings.
- Diversity is important to the firm and many events and groups are set up to support this.
- Internal communication could be improved to help things run more smoothly.
- Some feel that there could be more engagement with trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat rotations.
- While the location is popular, the offices are seen as being somewhat dated.
What insiders say about...
"Be yourself and be genuine. You are far more interesting as yourself than if you..."
"Relaxed but driven. We do good work here."
"There is structured training when you join as a trainee and department-specific training..."
"The informal training is excellent. I have never felt unable to ask a question (be..."
"Dress code is relatively relaxed, although jeans on Fridays are a relatively new..."
"It's largely very flexible, but this can be department specific."
"The salary is on par with the market level, and the NQ salary is very competitive...."
"Free dinners and taxis when working late are much appreciated and make the experience..."
"I did a vacation scheme and was offered the TC after that. None of the interviews..."
"Throughout my interview the focus lay on questions surrounding my skill set, and..."
"We have an environmental committee dedicated to improving the firm's carbon footprint...."
"Diversity is in the DNA of Bakers. The firm already has a strong history of championing..."
"At work I have a lot of client interaction both through emails and over the telephone...."
"I've worked on Amicus capital punishment cases."
"I am fully supported by my superiors in both my professional and personal life."
"The canteen leaves something to be desired."
"The global nature and broad scope of work definitely drew me towards them, as well..."
"The firm has very good retention rates. When people don't get kept on, it tends to..."
"There is a bar on the eighth floor that many people don't even know exists."
"Friendly, international and top-tier."
"Reaching out to schools that are presented with few opportunities."
"More transparency around seat moves and secondments."