"Friendly and professional, the firm provides an excellent platform..."
- Trainee pay is seen as being very competitive in the market and new qualifier pay is set to increase.
- Graduates can be given a high level of responsibility from an early stage.
- There’s a degree of flexibility in working hours that allows people to work from home in the evenings.
- Diversity is important to the firm and many events and groups are set up to support this.
- Internal communication could be improved to help things run more smoothly.
- Some feel that there could be more engagement with trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat rotations.
- While the location is popular, the offices are seen as being somewhat dated.
What insiders say about...
"It consists of an application form, online testing, a video interview and an assessment..."
"A friendly, inclusive and understanding firm both in the office and after-hours...."
"First rate - do their best to help us out at the beginning. I've heard that many..."
"There are mid-seat reviews in addition to those at the end of a seat; which are the..."
"Location is great, office space is adequate, and facilities are good - though the..."
"I can only think of two instances when I have had to take on more than I was comfortable..."
"Pay is competitive with my friends around the City. Would prefer a more lucrative..."
"We are a corporate supporter of the Tate Modern, so we can go to their paying exhibitions..."
"I did not undertake a vacation scheme at this firm, but obtained a training contract..."
"My interview focused on reasons for being in the law profession: why I wanted to..."
"While the firm do not mention their carbon footprint frequently, there are recycling..."
"The diversity commitment is certainly one of the best in the City. There is a strong..."
"Good performance is rewarded with extra responsibility, with the more senior and..."
"I think that there is a good pro bono presence at Baker & McKenzie: there are legal..."
"The high calibre and the international nature of the work, in a friendly and supportive..."
"There can be a lot to take in from an early stage."
"People I met at graduate recruitment events were all lovely and I felt like I'd fit..."
"There is little transparency around retention, though the rates themselves are good...."
"One of the founders of the firm, Baker, first practised as an immigration lawyer..."
"Friendly, inclusive, team-driven."
"There are a lot of events for students or pupils from less privileged backgrounds,..."
"More feedback, both informal and formal."