"Diverse, supportive and ambitious."
- Trainee pay is seen as being very competitive in the market and new qualifier pay is set to increase.
- Graduates can be given a high level of responsibility from an early stage.
- There’s a degree of flexibility in working hours that allows people to work from home in the evenings.
- Diversity is important to the firm and many events and groups are set up to support this.
- Internal communication could be improved to help things run more smoothly.
- Some feel that there could be more engagement with trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat rotations.
- While the location is popular, the offices are seen as being somewhat dated.
What insiders say about...
"Show them that you are someone who people will want to work with."
"It is truly a non-hierarchical firm where every individual is valued for who they..."
"There is lots of training given by the department before you start each seat, and..."
"This varies hugely. Unfortunately, there are quite a lot of people who are supervisors..."
"The office space really needs an uplift and better facilities. Our dress code is..."
"My current seats have included heavily fluctuating hours depending on what stage..."
"We get good pay for the hours worked."
"We get free dinners, a pension contribution and a gym subsidy."
"The interview process has changed since I underwent it, but there is currently a..."
"There was a mixture of competency questions, commercial questions and personal questions...."
"We have an eco roof here at the London office which is kind of cool."
"Diversity is in the DNA of Bakers. The firm already has a strong history of championing..."
"Good performance is rewarded with extra responsibility, with the more senior and..."
"There are a huge number of pro bono projects, from death row cases to legal advice..."
"The quality of work and immediate responsibility given to me as a first-seat trainee..."
"Sometimes hours can be long which is a drawback."
"I chose B&M for the firm's international scope, interesting client base and friendly..."
"The firm has very good retention rates. When people don't get kept on, it tends to..."
"We have moss dogs on our roof terrace named Baker, Mac and Kenzie."
"Global, agile and genuinely friendly."
"There are a range of social programs with individuals from disadvantaged programmes...."
"More transparency around seat moves and secondments."