"International and global practice."
- Trainee pay is seen as being very competitive in the market and new qualifier pay is set to increase.
- Graduates can be given a high level of responsibility from an early stage.
- There’s a degree of flexibility in working hours that allows people to work from home in the evenings.
- Diversity is important to the firm and many events and groups are set up to support this.
- Internal communication could be improved to help things run more smoothly.
- Some feel that there could be more engagement with trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat rotations.
- While the location is popular, the offices are seen as being somewhat dated.
What insiders say about...
"I don't think you need to do as much of the commercial awareness revision (e.g. reading..."
"The atmosphere is incredibly sociable and friendly with high partner approachability...."
"There's a two-week induction period, which is a thorough and friendly introduction..."
"The informal training is excellent. I have never felt unable to ask a question (be..."
"While the office space is dated, the facilities are generally of a good standard,..."
"In most departments there is no 'face-time' - but as with any firm, when the pressure..."
"We get good pay for the hours worked."
"Free dinners, good socials and amazing Christmas/summer parties."
"I submitted an application and did an online assessment for a vacation scheme in..."
"I was asked everything from: 'why do you want to be at Bakers' to 'tell me three..."
"Some great steps have been taken but this is being hindered by having an old building...."
"With regard to diversity issues I think that the firm is very good at catering for..."
"I deal with clients frequently, but it would always be nice to do more. A much greater..."
"The firm is very committed to pro bono initiatives."
"There's excellent training as well as excellent learning and development support...."
"Our work/life balance can be unpredictable."
"I chose Baker & McKenzie for their global strength, and the attitude of all of those..."
"Retention rates at Baker & McKenzie are generally very strong and the firm really..."
"There are Bakers netball, football and tag rugby teams (the football team goes on..."
"Friendly, inclusive, team-driven."
"There are a wide variety of outreach programmes, and trainees are actively encouraged..."
"Give future trainees a day or two in each department to experience it before making..."