"The firm is collegiate, engaged and global."
- Trainee pay is seen as being very competitive in the market and new qualifier pay is set to increase.
- Graduates can be given a high level of responsibility from an early stage.
- There’s a degree of flexibility in working hours that allows people to work from home in the evenings.
- Diversity is important to the firm and many events and groups are set up to support this.
- Internal communication could be improved to help things run more smoothly.
- Some feel that there could be more engagement with trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat rotations.
- While the location is popular, the offices are seen as being somewhat dated.
What insiders say about...
"Show them that you are someone who people will want to work with."
"Genuinely friendly and approachable at every level, genuine concern for welfare,..."
"Seat moves can be something of an opaque process."
"In my experience senior lawyers very accessible, and praise and feedback are consistently..."
"The firm has big offices with good facilities. The dress code is fairly relaxed,..."
"Hours can be consistently long if you're within a transaction but they do vary from..."
"The salary is on par with the market level, and the NQ salary is very competitive...."
"We have VIP access and 10% discount at the National History Museum; which is awesome...."
"The process consists of an online application form, a telephone interview and an..."
"I was asked a mix of questions - some commercial and legal, but I also remember talking..."
"There are no more plastic straws or disposable paper cups. We now have free re-usable..."
"Diversity events are very important to our firm. BakerWomen, BakerAllies and BakerLGBT..."
"My levels of client interaction vary from department to department, but I feel that..."
"I have worked on Lawyers in Schools as well as various other pro bono projects."
"The quality of work and immediate responsibility given to me as a first-seat trainee..."
"I get the feeling Baker & McKenzie is going through an identity crisis."
"The global reputation and high standing on all league tables, as well as the relatively..."
"The retention rates are great and if people are not retained, it is usually because..."
"We have a beer tap on the fourth floor."
"Progressive, friendly, supportive, global."
"There are a wide variety of outreach programmes, and trainees are actively encouraged..."
"Ensure all supervisors are sufficiently personable and helpful if they are to spend..."