"Friendly and ambitious."
- Trainee pay is seen as being very competitive in the market and new qualifier pay is set to increase.
- Graduates can be given a high level of responsibility from an early stage.
- There’s a degree of flexibility in working hours that allows people to work from home in the evenings.
- Diversity is important to the firm and many events and groups are set up to support this.
- Internal communication could be improved to help things run more smoothly.
- Some feel that there could be more engagement with trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat rotations.
- While the location is popular, the offices are seen as being somewhat dated.
What insiders say about...
"There's a video interview and an assessment centre, followed by two more interviews...."
"Hierarchy is not too bad, teamwork amongst the trainees is evident. There is limited..."
"There is a huge number of training sessions available and even more that you can..."
"We have mid-seat reviews which are really helpful but I do think that feedback should..."
"The location is brilliant but the offices could do with a makeover. The dress code..."
"There are days when it can be very busy, but this is not all of the time and there..."
"Pay is at the very upper end of the trainee pay scale for trainees in the City. New..."
"Free dinners, good socials and amazing Christmas/summer parties."
"The process consists of an online application form, a telephone interview and an..."
"Among other things was a comprehension test. They gave me something like 20 minutes..."
"We've got a green roof with a dog made of plants on it..."
"We're the best in the City for this as we have so many inclusivity groups. We have..."
"I have been given high levels of responsibility at times (more than I would expect..."
"The firm is very committed to pro bono initiatives."
"Working in a globally renowned firm and getting involved with interesting work and..."
"The hours are tough in some departments."
"Someone told me that the work at all of the top-tier firms would be comparative so..."
"I think the retention rates here are good but it can be hard to be sure as they're..."
"People who stay at Bakers firmly believe Bakers is the best place for them. Their..."
"Friendly, international and successful."
"Reaching out to schools that are presented with few opportunities."
"Try to use a more formal mentoring programme."