"A friendly and supportive culture with an interesting range of..."
- Trainee pay is seen as being very competitive in the market and new qualifier pay is set to increase.
- Graduates can be given a high level of responsibility from an early stage.
- There’s a degree of flexibility in working hours that allows people to work from home in the evenings.
- Diversity is important to the firm and many events and groups are set up to support this.
- Internal communication could be improved to help things run more smoothly.
- Some feel that there could be more engagement with trainees.
- There could be more transparency around seat rotations.
- While the location is popular, the offices are seen as being somewhat dated.
What insiders say about...
"The best candidates have thought about what makes them tick and why a commercial..."
"The amount of socialising differs between the departments: some groups such as Banking..."
"First rate - do their best to help us out at the beginning. I've heard that many..."
"The feedback system is inconsistent but partner and senior associate approachability..."
"The location is brilliant but the offices could do with a makeover. The dress code..."
"When compared to others in the legal profession, my hours have been great. I am also..."
"Pay is competitive - bonus is a nice extra but no one really thinks about it too..."
"We have a gym subsidy (£30), free dinners after 7.00 pm in the canteen and free..."
"I did a vacation scheme and was offered the TC after that. None of the interviews..."
"The partner case study was a bit of a grilling on the facts in front of you. The..."
"The sustainability committee really tries with this and there are global initiatives..."
"Huge emphasis on diversity with active participation groups in place for respect..."
"Work varies from the typical trainee work (originals, signatures, proofreading etc)..."
"There's something for everyone. I was given the opportunity to draft a memo advising..."
"The clients are amazing - I get to work for a range of social media companies, big..."
"The office is currently undergoing a big revamp to accommodate all the new joiners,..."
"I wanted a big City firm and enjoyed the interview process at Bakers and the people..."
"I think the retention rates here are good but it can be hard to be sure as they're..."
"People who stay at Bakers firmly believe Bakers is the best place for them. Their..."
"Friendly, open, international, commercial."
"There are a wide variety of outreach programmes, and trainees are actively encouraged..."
"Our technology training could be improved."