"Friendly, interesting and forward-thinking."
- Approachable colleagues help to give the firm a sociable and relaxed culture.
- The office and facilities, including coffee shop and restaurant, are very highly regarded.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of tasks and a lot of responsibility from an early stage.
- Salaries are thought to be slightly less competitive than they could be.
- While work/life balance is strong, long hours can be expected.
- Some trainees would like more varied and structured training.
What insiders say about...
"There are various stages including a video interview and an assessment day. Be yourself..."
"The after-hours culture is very strong. There have been numerous events already and..."
"The training is full on and continues throughout your training contract and career...."
"Partners and solicitors are always very happy to help and explain things (as long..."
"We've just moved to a great new office (although it is open plan now, which can be..."
"I ordinarily arrive between 9.00 am and 9.30 am and leave between 6.30 pm and 7.00..."
"It could be better."
"We have a good pension scheme as well as mortage advice and piano/guitar lessons..."
"After the application form you have a video interview, then if successful you are..."
"The questions were mostly about me, what I've done and how I would see myself fitting..."
"There seems to be a good focus and the office takes comments from employees on board...."
"There are several groups and committees in the firm that you can get involved with..."
"My time in corporate was highly informative and offered a great education, but it..."
"I've worked at the South Westminster Legal Advice Centre. It was great experience..."
"I am working with nice people doing interesting work."
"The offices could be improved, but we are moving into a new one next year."
"The areas of work that Bird & Bird is a market leader in and its reputation for work/life..."
"Retention rates are excellent: slightly below 100%, but for the right reasons. Trainees..."
"We use a lot of Bird-puns internally, for example: The Bird Table (canteen), Nest..."
"Sociable and fun with a media focus."
"The firm does not look at only 'redbrick' or a defined group of universities and..."
"I think there should be more training sessions."