"Friendly and ambitious."
- Approachable colleagues help to give the firm a sociable and relaxed culture.
- The office and facilities, including coffee shop and restaurant, are very highly regarded.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of tasks and a lot of responsibility from an early stage.
- Salaries are thought to be slightly less competitive than they could be.
- While work/life balance is strong, long hours can be expected.
- Some trainees would like more varied and structured training.
What insiders say about...
"Make sure you know about the firm's sectors and have an understanding of the state..."
"The firm is the most co-operative one that I've been to. There's been no one that..."
"We had a whole week of inductions where we were taught about the firm's values, aims..."
"I have found the fee earners and partners very approachable. If you ask for feedback,..."
"The new office is brilliant and the subsidised canteen is generally fantastic. Dress-down..."
"My average day is from 9.30 am to 7.00 pm."
"Trainees don't get bonuses. Pay has fallen slightly but is set to increase substantially..."
"There are a good variety of sociable events, including the annual Bird & Bird football..."
"There is an application form and a video interview. This was followed by an assessment..."
"I was asked why I wanted to work at Bird & Bird and what I thought set the firm apart..."
"It could do better but I think the new building will have better facilities for this...."
"I have experienced nothing to lead me to think the firm is not committed to diversity...."
"I have had very good client interaction and trust/responsibility to liaise with clients...."
"There are charity events to raise money, volunteering schemes which read in schools..."
"The client/international secondment opportunities on offer are great, as is the diversity..."
"Pay is slightly lower than market average, though we do have a better work/life balance...."
"Its reputation (both for its quality of clients and the friendly people), the interesting..."
"While the firm retention rates are very good, there is healthy competition for new..."
"Our canteen is called the Bird Table!"
"Friendly, interesting and forward-thinking."
"There are a large number of events held to assist/attract non-typical applicants...."
"Increase the pay."