"Interesting, fun and challenging."
- Approachable colleagues help to give the firm a sociable and relaxed culture.
- The office and facilities, including coffee shop and restaurant, are very highly regarded.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of tasks and a lot of responsibility from an early stage.
- Salaries are thought to be slightly less competitive than they could be.
- While work/life balance is strong, long hours can be expected.
- Some trainees would like more varied and structured training.
What insiders say about...
"Definitely do the vacation scheme as it will give you a better understanding of whether..."
"There is very much an open-door policy. People are friendly and social."
"The training has been comprehensive and continues throughout the training contract...."
"Partners and solicitors are always very happy to help and explain things (as long..."
"I find the office location and facilities really good, and I am loving the coffee..."
"The working hours are generally good as a trainee, although it varies by department..."
"I have always been treated very fairly in terms of salary and remuneration."
"There are plenty of sports teams and extra-curricular activities, so you can have..."
"After the application form you have a video interview, then if successful you are..."
"During the interview I had questions such as "Why Bird & Bird?", and was asked about..."
"I think we need to raise more awareness of what the firm is doing in this area."
"I have experienced nothing to lead me to think the firm is not committed to diversity...."
"I have an ongoing project, which I work on with another trainee, that involves contract..."
"We get lots of opportunities for this."
"Great hours, great training, great people."
"Technology needs improving. We rely on paper too much and there are no laptops/tablets..."
"The people, the tech-centric work that the firm does and its reputation."
"Retention rates are good and the firm really tries to find space for people."
"At least four fee earners in the London office have competed in sport at a national..."
"Engaging and sociable with good industry knowledge."
"The firm has held and attended events for ethnic minorities interested in a career..."
"I'd love the firm to have a dog policy."