"A friendly and dynamic firm, offering quality work."
- Approachable colleagues help to give the firm a sociable and relaxed culture.
- The office and facilities, including coffee shop and restaurant, are very highly regarded.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of tasks and a lot of responsibility from an early stage.
- Salaries are thought to be slightly less competitive than they could be.
- While work/life balance is strong, long hours can be expected.
- Some trainees would like more varied and structured training.
What insiders say about...
"Definitely do the vacation scheme as it will give you a better understanding of whether..."
"There's a literal open-door policy and everyone is willing to help. There are always..."
"There is a lot on client-focus, which helps you to understand the client and see..."
"The appraisal system is good - there is a mid-seat and end-seat appraisal, so there..."
"The new building is superb. The only way to improve it would be if there were an..."
"I have a toddler so can't get in until 9.30 am and there has never been a problem..."
"I wasn't after the firm that pays the most - I wanted a firm that pays a competitive..."
"We have a good pension scheme as well as mortage advice and piano/guitar lessons..."
"The process consists of a video interview, an assessment day (which is pretty tough..."
"There were very few 'big' questions. It was more of a chat where they were trying..."
"The firm encourages recycling and the lights are on sensors so they don't waste energy..."
"I have experienced nothing to lead me to think the firm is not committed to diversity...."
"The general level of responsibility is high and trainees can be heavily involved..."
"There are opportunities to take part in pro bono work."
"Having approachable and supportive colleagues as well as interesting work."
"The qualification process can be slow."
"The intellectual property practice and the firm's focus on disruptive tech."
"Retention rates are excellent. The firm recruits at trainee level with the expectation..."
"Our canteen is called the Bird Table!"
"Bird & Bird is friendly, cutting edge and fun."
"There are a large number of events held to assist/attract non-typical applicants...."
"I think there should be more training sessions."