"Sociable and friendly with interesting and innovative work."
- Approachable colleagues help to give the firm a sociable and relaxed culture.
- The office and facilities, including coffee shop and restaurant, are very highly regarded.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of tasks and a lot of responsibility from an early stage.
- Salaries are thought to be slightly less competitive than they could be.
- While work/life balance is strong, long hours can be expected.
- Some trainees would like more varied and structured training.
What insiders say about...
"Make sure to be aware of Bird & Bird's approach to sector work and the international..."
"There's a huge number of social events. For instance, we recently had a trainee and..."
"There are constant seminars on all of the areas that the firm operates in and trainees..."
"Most people are always available to help guide you through your training contract...."
"The new offices are very good and the canteen is a particular highlight as trainees..."
"There are late nights increasingly frequently but that's when a department is particularly..."
"It could be better."
"The best perks include the very subsidised restaurant and the views that accompany..."
"The process consists of a video interview, an assessment day (which is pretty tough..."
"I was asked about my thoughts on whether Oscar Pistorius should have been granted..."
"I am not too sure about the firm's environmental credentials. We are encouraged to..."
"The firm runs a great deal of programmes, but it is hard to see that filtering into..."
"I have had quite a high level of client interaction, and my day-to-day responsibilities..."
"There is lots of corporate social responsibility stuff going on - from teaching citizenship..."
"Friendly people to work with, good system of feedback, variety of work."
"It isn't set up particularly well for after-hours working, which is frustrating when..."
"The fim's strength in IP and new technologies."
"The rates here are very good."
"We have table football in the office kitchens."
"Tech-centric and very friendly. An expert in what it does."
"There are a large number of events held to assist/attract non-typical applicants...."
"I would prefer a slightly wider range of work in some seats."