"Friendly, motivating, interesting work."
- Approachable colleagues help to give the firm a sociable and relaxed culture.
- The office and facilities, including coffee shop and restaurant, are very highly regarded.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of tasks and a lot of responsibility from an early stage.
- Salaries are thought to be slightly less competitive than they could be.
- While work/life balance is strong, long hours can be expected.
- Some trainees would like more varied and structured training.
What insiders say about...
"Just try and relax and be yourself. The firm wants to see your personality and if..."
"The firm is the most co-operative one that I've been to. There's been no one that..."
"The training is generally very good. There are a lot of opportunities to attend lunchtime..."
"Trainees have supervisors and trainee 'buddies' who provide lots of support."
"Our office space, location and facilities are great. The dress code is smart casual..."
"As a trainee, my hours are erratic. Sometimes I will have a week of 9.30 am to 7.00..."
"Our pay is at the lower end of the spectrum but is still fine. Bonuses are allegedly..."
"Perks include a subsidised gym membership, taxis/dinner if working late and lots..."
"After the application form you have a video interview, then if successful you are..."
"You will probably be asked to discuss something that's recently been in the news...."
"Paper is recycled."
"I believe the attitude here is very positive in this respect. An LGBT society was..."
"Client interaction is high - trainees are almost always invited along to the client..."
"There are quite a few pro bono opportunities to get involved in."
"I am working with nice people doing interesting work."
"Pay is slightly lower than market average, though we do have a better work/life balance...."
"The fim's strength in IP and new technologies."
"Retention is very good. The trainee cohort is small compared to the size of the firm..."
"The weekly newsletter is called 'BirdTalk' and gives an update on all the goings..."
"Engaging and sociable with good industry knowledge."
"The firm does not look at only 'redbrick' or a defined group of universities and..."
"Higher salaries to be more competitive."