"Bird & Bird is innovative, cool, friendly and intelligent."
- Approachable colleagues help to give the firm a sociable and relaxed culture.
- The office and facilities, including coffee shop and restaurant, are very highly regarded.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of tasks and a lot of responsibility from an early stage.
- Salaries are thought to be slightly less competitive than they could be.
- While work/life balance is strong, long hours can be expected.
- Some trainees would like more varied and structured training.
What insiders say about...
"Bird & Bird place very great weight on the vacation scheme and it is almost a must..."
"There is no real sense of hierarchy, which is good, and everyone appears to respect..."
"There was an in-depth week of induction before starting the first seat of the training..."
"Everyone is very approachable and this is most notable at the partner level."
"The dress code is relaxed and the office is new with all the mod cons. The canteen..."
"It depends on the department but the flexibility tends to increase as you get more..."
"Bonuses are discretionary and depend on performance. Pay is generally competitive..."
"We go on a heavily subsidised global football tour. There's a free coffee bar, lots..."
"After the application form you have a video interview, then if successful you are..."
"There were very few 'big' questions. It was more of a chat where they were trying..."
"The firm tries hard with recyling and not using plastic cups etc but there's not..."
"There are several groups and committees in the firm that you can get involved with..."
"I have had very good client interaction and trust/responsibility to liaise with clients...."
"The firm has several corporate social responsibility projects including reading in..."
"The people. Everyone, from the trainees to the partners, is genuinely nice and helpful...."
"The new offices can be very cold."
"I knew some people who worked here previously and I did a lot of research into the..."
"I've been kept on and I think retention rates are very decent."
"Our canteen is called the Bird Table!"
"Working at the cutting edge of our sectors."
"The firm has held and attended events for ethnic minorities interested in a career..."
"An increase in pay would be welcome."