"A friendly and dynamic firm, offering quality work."
- Approachable colleagues help to give the firm a sociable and relaxed culture.
- The office and facilities, including coffee shop and restaurant, are very highly regarded.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of tasks and a lot of responsibility from an early stage.
- Salaries are thought to be slightly less competitive than they could be.
- While work/life balance is strong, long hours can be expected.
- Some trainees would like more varied and structured training.
What insiders say about...
"Pick out a few aspects of the firm that make Bird & Bird stand out and be prepared..."
"Associates and partners are generally very approachable and willing to teach."
"It's a bit front-loaded. We do a lot of training in the first few weeks of the training..."
"People are keen to give you background on, and ensure you understand, each case before..."
"The firm is currently split over three buildings, (some of which are not particularly..."
"There is definitely not a 'face-time' culture here, if you have finished all your..."
"I have always been treated very fairly in terms of salary and remuneration."
"We get discounted theatre tickets, moving expenses on international secondments and..."
"The process consists of a video interview, an assessment day (which is pretty tough..."
"What is your opinion on quotas for women in the boardroom?"
"The new building seems geared to reducing the firm's carbon footprint."
"There is a good approach to diversity with ethnic groups and both genders well represented...."
"At the moment I have much less client contact but in other seats, I have had a lot...."
"There are charity events to raise money, volunteering schemes which read in schools..."
"The relaxed atmosphere and 'open-door' policy are both beneficial."
"You may not always be doing the kind of work that you want to do."
"The impressive growth internationally, and its reputation in the legal field as friendly..."
"The rates are good but the popular spots are often highly sought after."
"Each year the firm organises a football tour that's open to all of its staff to attend..."
"Friendly, commercial, inclusive."
"There are a large number of events held to assist/attract non-typical applicants...."
"Turn the heating up in the office."