"Friendly, commercial, inclusive."
- Approachable colleagues help to give the firm a sociable and relaxed culture.
- The office and facilities, including coffee shop and restaurant, are very highly regarded.
- Trainees are given a wide variety of tasks and a lot of responsibility from an early stage.
- Salaries are thought to be slightly less competitive than they could be.
- While work/life balance is strong, long hours can be expected.
- Some trainees would like more varied and structured training.
What insiders say about...
"A candidate should think about how Bird & Bird is different to other firms and how,..."
"In terms of culture, there are plenty of social opportunities and a good sense of..."
"I can't complain too much, although it hasn't always felt particularly structured..."
"Excellent feedback is given by supervisors and an interest is taken in your development...."
"Our office space, location and facilities are great. The dress code is smart casual..."
"Pretty flexible on hours. There are no problems with working flexibly if have appointments..."
"The salary is very satisfying for our hours, following the recent pay rise."
"The firm organises a firm-wide football tournament each year, hosted by one of the..."
"After the application form you have a video interview, then if successful you are..."
"How Bird & Bird are you? Read the personalities found on the website and make sure..."
"I believe that the new building we are moving to in 2016 will be green."
"I believe the firm are trying to be more diverse. There are groups, socials and talks..."
"I really like my role so far: I have been given a lot of responsibility, a large..."
"I've worked at the South Westminster Legal Advice Centre. It was great experience..."
"The high level of responsibility, varied client base and interesting cases."
"Working in central London might not suit everyone."
"The firm's areas of legal and commercial expertise and its social reputation were..."
"The retention rates are very good. I am under the impression that the firm see me..."
"We take the ampersand very seriously."
"Fun and friendly while still being serious."
"The firm does not look at only 'redbrick' or a defined group of universities and..."
"An increase in pay would be welcome."