"Influential and enriching."
- Interns are given a lot of guidance and training by mentors and team members.
- The projects that interns get to work on are both challenging and of importance to the company.
- The remuneration provided is very high for an internship.
- The integration is good and interns are regularly invited out with team members.
- Interns cannot choose their own rotations.
- The size of the company can make it harder to stand out.
- Some would like training at the beginning to last longer.
- While hours have flexibility, some departments may ask for more than others.
What insiders say about...
"I would advise people to get information about the firm, about the team they are..."
"I was made to feel completely part of my team. BlackRock's culture is one of inclusion..."
"I usually spend eight hours within the office and sometimes I spend less if I finish..."
"There are discounts for the cinema, online shopping and other activities for all..."
"There were mostly behavioural questions but also questions about the markets."
"I am working on a development-based group project with the other interns in my team...."
"The best thing about doing an internship at BlackRock is the chance to get exposure..."
"Some HR-related events would be better if they were made optional."
"There are many employees here with really diverse experiences, backgrounds and insights...."
"Insightful and valuable."
"The reputation and the fact that I needed experience in the software development..."
"I have been trained in using Bloomberg, Excel and Morningstar. These are very useful..."
"I would make sure that all interns are in the same office as their line managers..."
"It is very high relative to a normal graduate salary."
"People are very accessible and take the time to respond to your questions. They also..."