"Aiming for the top."
- The office building, location and layout are all seen as being very good by trainees.
- There’s a very sociable atmosphere and the lack of billable hours targets stops things being too competitive.
- Fair credit and recognition are given for work carried out by people at all levels in the firm.
- Trainees are able to maintain a good work/life balance as they do not have to work unreasonable hours.
- Some trainees would like more opportunities for flexible working.
- While good feedback is given, some trainees would like for it to be more frequent.
- The salary is seen as being at the lower end of the market.
- Some would like more flexibility and input regarding their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"There is a straightforward application form to fill out, which is much nicer than..."
"I've been busy since I arrived here, which has resulted in long hours on occasion...."
"Our training programme has recently improved with more departmental training on specific..."
"The firm has a good mentoring programme where each trainee is partnered with a senior..."
"The building is great and there are two to three people to an office. All trainees..."
"The hours are very good, particularly when compared to other trainees across the..."
"When the hours are good, the pay is great. If extremely busy periods are going to..."
"There are free language lessons."
"I was asked lots of questions about myself and also about the Scottish referendum...."
"I am not too aware of the firm's work in this area but am aware of its existence...."
"The firm has good female partnership representation but there is a lack of representation..."
"In my current department I have a lot of responsibility for an important piece of..."
"I have worked on one pro bono project, which was very interesting. However, I have..."
"Having hugely supportive and friendly supervisors, no billable hours targets, manageable..."
"Communication can be poor between departments and teams."
"The excellence in IP, the focus on the life sciences sector and the small size."
"The high retention rate at Bristows reflects the level of investment the firm puts..."
"We had a well-being week in January where the firm provided fruit, manicures, head..."
"Intelligent, fun and sector leading."
"I'd like more opportunities for international secondments."