"Friendly and slightly geeky but very cool."
- The office building, location and layout are all seen as being very good by trainees.
- There’s a very sociable atmosphere and the lack of billable hours targets stops things being too competitive.
- Fair credit and recognition are given for work carried out by people at all levels in the firm.
- Trainees are able to maintain a good work/life balance as they do not have to work unreasonable hours.
- Some trainees would like more opportunities for flexible working.
- While good feedback is given, some trainees would like for it to be more frequent.
- The salary is seen as being at the lower end of the market.
- Some would like more flexibility and input regarding their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"Keep up to date with news relevant to the tech and life science sectors. Think about..."
"It's genuinely fantastic. The firm doesn't feel particularly hierarchical and everyone..."
"Training is very good. We have access to lots of talks; associates and partners take..."
"The partners and solicitors are good at giving feedback overall, although it would..."
"The layout here is a combination of offices (two or three people to a room) and open-plan..."
"Can vary from department to department, but mostly my experience has been positive...."
"Trainee pay is generally in line with other City firms, apart from magic circle and..."
"We get team dinners, travel and medical insurance."
"The questions were a mixture of elaborating on aspects of my CV, scenarios, competency-based..."
"I am not too aware of the firm's work in this area but am aware of its existence...."
"Diversity with respect to women and LGBT is very good. There are a large number of..."
"I was given an increased quality of work as I became more and more comfortable with..."
"I am not sure whether Bristows partners do much pro bono work, but I would really..."
"Getting to do interesting technical work."
"Having a life outside of work means slightly less pay than other City firms and fewer..."
"The work/life balance and the sector focus on TMT and life sciences."
"The firm usually keeps almost all of its trainees. While HR have tried to be reassuring,..."
"Many partners were trainees at the firm, which shows that people don't want to leave!..."
"Friendly, academic and unique."
"More range of secondments. Better mentoring scheme."