"Top lawyers who also value a good work environment."
- The office building, location and layout are all seen as being very good by trainees.
- There’s a very sociable atmosphere and the lack of billable hours targets stops things being too competitive.
- Fair credit and recognition are given for work carried out by people at all levels in the firm.
- Trainees are able to maintain a good work/life balance as they do not have to work unreasonable hours.
- Some trainees would like more opportunities for flexible working.
- While good feedback is given, some trainees would like for it to be more frequent.
- The salary is seen as being at the lower end of the market.
- Some would like more flexibility and input regarding their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"I applied for a workshop at the firm, which is something I would highly recommend..."
"The culture at Bristows is incredibly supportive and supervisors are keen to educate..."
"The public speaking and personal impact sessions were useful in building soft skills...."
"The firm has a good mentoring programme where each trainee is partnered with a senior..."
"An amazing office in the City. Dress code generally does not require ties, but smartens..."
"Normal hours for a trainee are 9.00 am – 6.30 pm. Obviously, this increases around..."
"Overall the pay is very good as a trainee, though it could be higher for new qualifiers..."
"Free cookies, Unilever shop, the building itself, lunch provided at various lunchtime..."
"Who would you invite to a dinner party? Competency-based questions."
"The firm makes a point of sending no waste to landfill and reducing its emissions..."
"Fantastic. There is a diversity committee and regular LGBTQ+ events. I know some..."
"I was given an increased quality of work as I became more and more comfortable with..."
"I have not been involved in any personally but I know that the firm does do pro bono..."
"The work is varied and certainly not mundane. Trainees are treated as equal members..."
"The lack of ability to travel. With only one office, there is less scope to be seconded..."
"The client base couldn't be better for the work I am interested in and it's not a..."
"The retention rates are generally very high at the firm."
"We have a love of karaoke."
"Ambitious, friendly and respectful."
"To improve communication. At times it feels like we're needlessly being kept in the..."