"Niche, friendly and technology-focused."
- The office building, location and layout are all seen as being very good by trainees.
- There’s a very sociable atmosphere and the lack of billable hours targets stops things being too competitive.
- Fair credit and recognition are given for work carried out by people at all levels in the firm.
- Trainees are able to maintain a good work/life balance as they do not have to work unreasonable hours.
- Some trainees would like more opportunities for flexible working.
- While good feedback is given, some trainees would like for it to be more frequent.
- The salary is seen as being at the lower end of the market.
- Some would like more flexibility and input regarding their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"Two interviews (one with a partner and senior associate, one with two partners) and..."
"I cannot fault the culture at the office. Sharing an office with a partner means..."
"Training is very good. We have access to lots of talks; associates and partners take..."
"Every single person I've met at Bristows has been approachable and friendly and I..."
"The office is very nice and in a very cool building right on the river in Blackfriars...."
"It's been really busy for the last year or so, but still not in the same league as..."
"The pay matches the market as a trainee. As an associate, whether the pay is adequate..."
"The medical insurance is excellent and the excess is also reimbursed by the firm...."
"There were some competency questions to allow you to show your ability to explain..."
"The environment committee is pretty active."
"The firm has committees in most of these areas that are actively trying to ensure..."
"All of the seats are really mixed but I would say, from having discussed with trainees..."
"I have not been involved in any personally but I know that the firm does do pro bono..."
"Calibre of work and the responsibility given to trainees."
"The contrast between some very busy departments and some very quiet ones; the lack..."
"The client base couldn't be better for the work I am interested in and it's not a..."
"Last year the firm posted a 100% retention rate, but this year two trainees are leaving..."
"Many partners were trainees at the firm, which shows that people don't want to leave!..."
"Improve communication and flexibility when it comes to seat rotations."