"Niche, open, friendly and intellectual."
- The office building, location and layout are all seen as being very good by trainees.
- There’s a very sociable atmosphere and the lack of billable hours targets stops things being too competitive.
- Fair credit and recognition are given for work carried out by people at all levels in the firm.
- Trainees are able to maintain a good work/life balance as they do not have to work unreasonable hours.
- Some trainees would like more opportunities for flexible working.
- While good feedback is given, some trainees would like for it to be more frequent.
- The salary is seen as being at the lower end of the market.
- Some would like more flexibility and input regarding their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"The recruitment process is excellent and the interviews are more of a discussion..."
"Small intake of trainees means we all socialise together on a regular basis (but..."
"Our training programme has recently improved with more departmental training on specific..."
"Partners are very approachable and easy to talk to. They are always keen to explain..."
"There is no canteen and there are only two showers. Otherwise, the office facilities..."
"Bristows doesn't expect you to work unnecessarily long hours. You are expected to..."
"Bonus structure is good, but the pay is a little below the rest of the City."
"The Unilever shop being downstairs and hugely discounted Ben and Jerry's as well..."
"I was asked lots of questions about myself and also about the Scottish referendum...."
"The firm has an environmental committee."
"The firm has a diversity committee that holds various events and also raises awareness..."
"I have a very varied role and supervisors are keen to ensure I get a wide range of..."
"I think the pro bono work tends to be department specific. I have not been involved..."
"The best thing about the firm is undertaking the highest level of intellectual property..."
"Only having one office means that international secondments are not available for..."
"I knew that I was interested in an intellectual property firm so Bristows was a natural..."
"The retention rates are excellent but if a lot of the trainees want to qualify into..."
"We sponsor a bee-hive in central London."
"Quirky, friendly, supportive, responsive."
"More scope to choose your seats, especially when you first start."