"Ambitious, friendly and respectful."
- The office building, location and layout are all seen as being very good by trainees.
- There’s a very sociable atmosphere and the lack of billable hours targets stops things being too competitive.
- Fair credit and recognition are given for work carried out by people at all levels in the firm.
- Trainees are able to maintain a good work/life balance as they do not have to work unreasonable hours.
- Some trainees would like more opportunities for flexible working.
- While good feedback is given, some trainees would like for it to be more frequent.
- The salary is seen as being at the lower end of the market.
- Some would like more flexibility and input regarding their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"I applied for a workshop at the firm, which is something I would highly recommend..."
"It's a friendly environment and I feel that I can talk to anyone, be they support..."
"There are regular internal and external training seminars to attend. There is some..."
"Both solicitors and partners are very accessible, although it does depend on the..."
"The building is really nice, both inside and out. The two floors are a mix of two-..."
"It's been really busy for the last year or so, but still not in the same league as..."
"Compared to other City firms with similar work hours, I think our pay is slightly..."
"There are free language lessons."
"A surprising amount about my school – what I thought of it, its teachers, opportunities..."
"There is a dedicated environmental committee, but its activities and progress aren't..."
"Diversity with respect to women and LGBT is very good. There are a large number of..."
"I'm very satisfied with the overall quality of work. I have had the opportunity to..."
"There are optional pro bono activities such as working at a legal advice clinic,..."
"The work is varied and certainly not mundane. Trainees are treated as equal members..."
"The contrast between some very busy departments and some very quiet ones; the lack..."
"Its strength in all matters IP, its friendliness and a workshop (Bristows' version..."
"The retention rates are generally very high at the firm."
"We have some random initiatives, such as an annual seed give-away. We're encouraged..."
"Down to earth, ambitious, friendly."
"More specific feedback with each piece of work, although I appreciate how time consuming..."