"Top lawyers who also value a good work environment."
- The office building, location and layout are all seen as being very good by trainees.
- There’s a very sociable atmosphere and the lack of billable hours targets stops things being too competitive.
- Fair credit and recognition are given for work carried out by people at all levels in the firm.
- Trainees are able to maintain a good work/life balance as they do not have to work unreasonable hours.
- Some trainees would like more opportunities for flexible working.
- While good feedback is given, some trainees would like for it to be more frequent.
- The salary is seen as being at the lower end of the market.
- Some would like more flexibility and input regarding their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"There's an online application form, a video interview, two interviews in person and..."
"There is a very open-door culture and partners are very accessible. At some firms..."
"There are regular training sessions from updates on the law to developing soft skills..."
"Great training-diary reviewer who keeps an eye on my progress. My supervisors have..."
"Computer network can be a bit temperamental at times. Client meeting rooms are nice..."
"The working hours at the firm can vary from trainee to trainee and largely depend..."
"Firm offers a discretionary bonus, which is at the same percentage of salary for..."
"The best perks are monthly firm drinks and socials, a great work/life balance and..."
"The interviewers tried getting to know me and to understanding my academic and extracurricular..."
"There is a big drive on recycling currently."
"The firm has good female partnership representation but there is a lack of representation..."
"I quickly found that I was given more and more responsibility as soon as I had shown..."
"I don't think I have worked on a pro bono project. It would be great to have more..."
"The best thing about working at Bristows is the people. I have yet to encounter anyone..."
"Some of the partners are very traditional when it comes to flexible working and dress..."
"The reputation, people, types of work undertaken and sector focus."
"The firm is generally very good and tries to keep most people on if it can. As we..."
"We had a well-being week in January where the firm provided fruit, manicures, head..."
"Niche, friendly and technology-focused."
"Allow trainees to work from home occasionally."