"Friendly, supportive and sociable."
- The office building, location and layout are all seen as being very good by trainees.
- There’s a very sociable atmosphere and the lack of billable hours targets stops things being too competitive.
- Fair credit and recognition are given for work carried out by people at all levels in the firm.
- Trainees are able to maintain a good work/life balance as they do not have to work unreasonable hours.
- Some trainees would like more opportunities for flexible working.
- While good feedback is given, some trainees would like for it to be more frequent.
- The salary is seen as being at the lower end of the market.
- Some would like more flexibility and input regarding their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"There's an application form, a video interview, two rounds of interviews with a partner/senior..."
"Bristows is a fun place to work and, as a trainee, an excellent environment to train..."
"First year trainees have lunchtime training sessions to introduce the different departments..."
"Associates and partners are very easy to talk to and will offer advice when you ask...."
"The firm has just expanded its office space with a new open-plan area for our real..."
"It varies from department to department. In a litigation seat, I would generally..."
"When the hours are good, the pay is great. If extremely busy periods are going to..."
"The perks are pretty standard: health insurance, dental, somewhat subsidised gym..."
"Why Bristows? Why law? There were also some competency and CV-specific questions...."
"The environment committee is pretty active."
"The diversity committee within Bristows is very active, but it is always the case..."
"Day-to-day responsibilities can be quite admin-focused but teams are small so interesting..."
"I am not sure whether Bristows partners do much pro bono work, but I would really..."
"It's very friendly with a true open-door policy. The partners are very accessible..."
"We don't get qualification leave unfortunately."
"The reputation, people, types of work undertaken and sector focus."
"Bristows usually has a good retention rate as about eight or nine out of ten people..."
"We have a Brussels office now!"
"Friendly, modest and hard-working yet fun."
"Improve communication and flexibility when it comes to seat rotations."