"Intelligent, fun and sector leading."
- The office building, location and layout are all seen as being very good by trainees.
- There’s a very sociable atmosphere and the lack of billable hours targets stops things being too competitive.
- Fair credit and recognition are given for work carried out by people at all levels in the firm.
- Trainees are able to maintain a good work/life balance as they do not have to work unreasonable hours.
- Some trainees would like more opportunities for flexible working.
- While good feedback is given, some trainees would like for it to be more frequent.
- The salary is seen as being at the lower end of the market.
- Some would like more flexibility and input regarding their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"The interview process was very good as it was streamlined and much less intimidating..."
"The culture at Bristows is incredibly supportive and supervisors are keen to educate..."
"There are training sessions upon starting at the firm and then seminars and professional..."
"Partner-led training is a real unique selling point for Bristows and all supervisors..."
"The office is brilliant and in a great location. Our newly refurbished area looks..."
"The hours are very good, particularly when compared to other trainees across the..."
"When the hours are good, the pay is great. If extremely busy periods are going to..."
"The medical insurance is excellent and the excess is also reimbursed by the firm...."
"A surprising amount about my school – what I thought of it, its teachers, opportunities..."
"There is a dedicated environmental committee, but its activities and progress aren't..."
"The firm has a diversity committee that holds various events and also raises awareness..."
"Trainees are given a lot of responsibility in the smaller departments, up to and..."
"The firm runs a mentor scheme but I am unaware of many other pro bono opportunities..."
"The people. Without being cliched, everyone is nice and friendly and could not be..."
"The contrast between some very busy departments and some very quiet ones; the lack..."
"The hours, the reputation for friendliness, the quality of the work, the nice offices...."
"Retention rates tend to be good at the firm but it is always difficult to tell. Brexit..."
"Bristows has just opened its first office outside of London (where it has been solely..."
"Aiming for the top."
"Regular meetings between supervising partners and all trainees in a particular department...."