"A collaborative and supportive firm that excels in advising innovative..."
- The office building, location and layout are all seen as being very good by trainees.
- There’s a very sociable atmosphere and the lack of billable hours targets stops things being too competitive.
- Fair credit and recognition are given for work carried out by people at all levels in the firm.
- Trainees are able to maintain a good work/life balance as they do not have to work unreasonable hours.
- Some trainees would like more opportunities for flexible working.
- While good feedback is given, some trainees would like for it to be more frequent.
- The salary is seen as being at the lower end of the market.
- Some would like more flexibility and input regarding their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"The recruitment process is excellent and the interviews are more of a discussion..."
"The firm's culture is extraordinarily open and friendly with partners being generally..."
"Training in legal research and practical skills (such as bundling and liaising with..."
"Associates and partners are very easy to talk to and will offer advice when you ask...."
"The building is great and there are two to three people to an office. All trainees..."
"Generally the hours are good. There is no culture of staying late just because you..."
"Trainee pay is generally in line with other City firms, apart from magic circle and..."
"With the offices being in the Unilever building, there is a Unilever shop in the..."
"The interviewers tried getting to know me and to understanding my academic and extracurricular..."
"I am not too aware of the firm's work in this area but am aware of its existence...."
"The diversity committee within Bristows is very active, but it is always the case..."
"Trainee tasks vary a lot depending on what you are working on. I've done everything..."
"I have not been involved in any personally but I know that the firm does do pro bono..."
"Our sector focus and calibre of clients means that our work constantly revolves around..."
"We don't have any overseas offices."
"The reputation, people, types of work undertaken and sector focus."
"Bristows usually has a good retention rate as about eight or nine out of ten people..."
"Football pundit and former player Mark Lawrenson has a profile on the intranet for..."
"Friendly, modest and hard-working yet fun."
"Improve communication and flexibility when it comes to seat rotations."