- The office building, location and layout are all seen as being very good by trainees.
- There’s a very sociable atmosphere and the lack of billable hours targets stops things being too competitive.
- Fair credit and recognition are given for work carried out by people at all levels in the firm.
- Trainees are able to maintain a good work/life balance as they do not have to work unreasonable hours.
- Some trainees would like more opportunities for flexible working.
- While good feedback is given, some trainees would like for it to be more frequent.
- The salary is seen as being at the lower end of the market.
- Some would like more flexibility and input regarding their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"The interview represents Bristows really: it is friendly, they're not trying to catch..."
"Small intake of trainees means we all socialise together on a regular basis (but..."
"There are training sessions upon starting at the firm and then seminars and professional..."
"Each trainee is assigned a mentor who they can talk to about any issues they may..."
"The firm's offices are in a wonderful location. We're situated on the River Thames..."
"My hours have been 9.00 am – 7.00 pm on average. They were slightly longer in the..."
"Bonuses are awarded to the entire firm in the same way, rather than being determined..."
"The Unilever shop being downstairs and hugely discounted Ben and Jerry's as well..."
"A surprising amount about my school – what I thought of it, its teachers, opportunities..."
"There is a dedicated environmental committee, but its activities and progress aren't..."
"The firm has an active diversity committee and the Turing Network represents the..."
"When you start in a new seat you will be given fairly basic administration and research..."
"The firm has a large client base within the charity sector and carries out work for..."
"The work is varied and certainly not mundane. Trainees are treated as equal members..."
"Some of the partners are very traditional when it comes to flexible working and dress..."
"The reputation it has as a really friendly firm combined with its stellar client..."
"Generally good, but who knows what it will be like for our year group?"
"We have some random initiatives, such as an annual seed give-away. We're encouraged..."
"Intelligent, focused and friendly."
"Improve communication and flexibility when it comes to seat rotations."