"Top lawyers who also value a good work environment."
- The office building, location and layout are all seen as being very good by trainees.
- There’s a very sociable atmosphere and the lack of billable hours targets stops things being too competitive.
- Fair credit and recognition are given for work carried out by people at all levels in the firm.
- Trainees are able to maintain a good work/life balance as they do not have to work unreasonable hours.
- Some trainees would like more opportunities for flexible working.
- While good feedback is given, some trainees would like for it to be more frequent.
- The salary is seen as being at the lower end of the market.
- Some would like more flexibility and input regarding their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"The best way to see if the firm is for you is by attending one of its two-day workshops...."
"There are frequent social, sporting and charitable events after work. I often spend..."
"Various legal presentations. I've also undertaken soft skills training such as networking..."
"There is an open-door policy and colleagues are usually able to find time to discuss..."
"The layout here is a combination of offices (two or three people to a room) and open-plan..."
"Normally 8.30 am – 7.30 pm, but can often leave much before that."
"Trainee pay is generally in line with other City firms, apart from magic circle and..."
"Discount Unilever products from the Unilever shop downstairs, including Ben and Jerry's!..."
"There were some situation-based questions around what you would do in certain tricky..."
"Many initiatives, awareness events and green building policy."
"There is an LGBT network and we collaborate with other firms because of our size...."
"The work as a trainee varies greatly from department to department. In some departments..."
"I have worked on some pro bono projects while in the corporate department. However,..."
"The large number of household-name clients, particularly in the tech sphere."
"There could be more choice in terms of whether or not you complete a particular seat...."
"Its reputation as one of the top UK law firms for intellectual property law and how..."
"Retention rates are good but it's possible that there won't be a position in the..."
"There is good evidence to show that Michael Faraday was once a client of the firm...."
"Warm, geeky and inclusive."
"Hiring more temporary paralegals during busy disclosure periods."