"Down to earth, ambitious, friendly."
- The office building, location and layout are all seen as being very good by trainees.
- There’s a very sociable atmosphere and the lack of billable hours targets stops things being too competitive.
- Fair credit and recognition are given for work carried out by people at all levels in the firm.
- Trainees are able to maintain a good work/life balance as they do not have to work unreasonable hours.
- Some trainees would like more opportunities for flexible working.
- While good feedback is given, some trainees would like for it to be more frequent.
- The salary is seen as being at the lower end of the market.
- Some would like more flexibility and input regarding their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"The interview represents Bristows really: it is friendly, they're not trying to catch..."
"There is very little hierarchy. Everyone's office doors are always open, even the..."
"Various legal presentations. I've also undertaken soft skills training such as networking..."
"Each trainee is assigned a mentor who they can talk to about any issues they may..."
"It is a joy to walk across Blackfriars Bridge to the office because of its location..."
"It's been really busy for the last year or so, but still not in the same league as..."
"The pay at the trainee level remains very market competitive. The gap that can develop..."
"Free cookies, Unilever shop, the building itself, lunch provided at various lunchtime..."
"A surprising amount about my school – what I thought of it, its teachers, opportunities..."
"The firm makes a point of sending no waste to landfill and reducing its emissions..."
"Diversity with respect to women and LGBT is very good. There are a large number of..."
"There will be the usual 'trainee' tasks of bundling, research and clerking. However,..."
"Plenty of charity initiatives but I have not been given any opportunity for pro bono..."
"The best thing about the firm is undertaking the highest level of intellectual property..."
"Some of the partners are very traditional when it comes to flexible working and dress..."
"The reputation it has as a really friendly firm combined with its stellar client..."
"Bristows usually has a good retention rate as about eight or nine out of ten people..."
"We had a well-being week in January where the firm provided fruit, manicures, head..."
"Intelligent, focused and friendly."
"More scope to choose your seats, especially when you first start."