"Friendly, forward thinking and inclusive."
- The office building, location and layout are all seen as being very good by trainees.
- There’s a very sociable atmosphere and the lack of billable hours targets stops things being too competitive.
- Fair credit and recognition are given for work carried out by people at all levels in the firm.
- Trainees are able to maintain a good work/life balance as they do not have to work unreasonable hours.
- Some trainees would like more opportunities for flexible working.
- While good feedback is given, some trainees would like for it to be more frequent.
- The salary is seen as being at the lower end of the market.
- Some would like more flexibility and input regarding their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"There's an online application, a video interview, a face-to-face interview, a written..."
"Small intake of trainees means we all socialise together on a regular basis (but..."
"There are lots of group know-how meetings and lunches as well as trainee-only sessions...."
"There is an open-door policy and colleagues are usually able to find time to discuss..."
"We're in a great location and have great offices on the river."
"The hours aren't particularly flexible for trainees. However, the firm does seem..."
"Although the pay is at the lower end of the spectrum in terms of City pay, our hours..."
"Very generous pension, and we occasionally have free lunches with partners when someone..."
"I was asked to identify similarities and differences between a product and a copycat..."
"There are posters everywhere about being conscious of our environmental impact and..."
"The firm has a diversity committee that holds various events and also raises awareness..."
"The work as a trainee varies greatly from department to department. In some departments..."
"I am aware that the firm does do pro bono work but I have not been involved in any..."
"The people. Without being cliched, everyone is nice and friendly and could not be..."
"We get limited input into our seat planning. There's no opportunity to put down a..."
"The work/life balance and the sector focus on TMT and life sciences."
"The high retention rate at Bristows reflects the level of investment the firm puts..."
"Bristows has just opened its first office outside of London (where it has been solely..."
"Niche, friendly and technology-focused."
"Have a more organised approach in allocating trainees to cases in the IP litigation..."