- The office building, location and layout are all seen as being very good by trainees.
- There’s a very sociable atmosphere and the lack of billable hours targets stops things being too competitive.
- Fair credit and recognition are given for work carried out by people at all levels in the firm.
- Trainees are able to maintain a good work/life balance as they do not have to work unreasonable hours.
- Some trainees would like more opportunities for flexible working.
- While good feedback is given, some trainees would like for it to be more frequent.
- The salary is seen as being at the lower end of the market.
- Some would like more flexibility and input regarding their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"Follow the news closely, read the Economist, be aware of any big political, financial..."
"It's a friendly environment and I feel that I can talk to anyone, be they support..."
"I've picked up skills in negotiation, time management, prioritising and communication..."
"The partners are always willing to give advice, whether personal or professional...."
"The building is really nice, both inside and out. The two floors are a mix of two-..."
"The hours vary depending on department but they're generally great. On average I'd..."
"The pay is in line with other firms and a fair reflection of the hours a trainee..."
"We get private medical insurance, discounts on Unilever products in the Unilever..."
"Why Bristows? Why law? There were also some competency and CV-specific questions...."
"The firm has an environmental committee."
"There is an LGBT network and we collaborate with other firms because of our size...."
"It varies. Day to day I may be required to research a topic, draft a note of advice,..."
"Plenty of charity initiatives but I have not been given any opportunity for pro bono..."
"The large number of household-name clients, particularly in the tech sphere."
"We don't have any overseas offices."
"The reputation for high-quality work in the life sciences and technology, media and..."
"Last year the firm posted a 100% retention rate, but this year two trainees are leaving..."
"Bristows has just opened its first office outside of London (where it has been solely..."
"Friendly, modest and hard-working yet fun."
"To improve communication. At times it feels like we're needlessly being kept in the..."