"Friendly, smart and techie."
- The office building, location and layout are all seen as being very good by trainees.
- There’s a very sociable atmosphere and the lack of billable hours targets stops things being too competitive.
- Fair credit and recognition are given for work carried out by people at all levels in the firm.
- Trainees are able to maintain a good work/life balance as they do not have to work unreasonable hours.
- Some trainees would like more opportunities for flexible working.
- While good feedback is given, some trainees would like for it to be more frequent.
- The salary is seen as being at the lower end of the market.
- Some would like more flexibility and input regarding their seat choices.
What insiders say about...
"Tailor your application to the firm and, as clichéd as it sounds, ultimately be..."
"Bristows is a fun place to work and, as a trainee, an excellent environment to train..."
"We have regular know-how sessions for the whole firm at lunchtimes as well as regular..."
"The partners are excellent and sharing an office with a partner during each seat..."
"The office is brilliant and in a great location. Our newly refurbished area looks..."
"It's not very flexible for trainees (there's no working from home) but there is the..."
"I believe our pay is on the slightly lower end of the City firms and I don't think..."
"The best perks are monthly firm drinks and socials, a great work/life balance and..."
"I was asked a lot about my life at university and how I spend my time, what my passions..."
"The environment committee does a lot to encourage reducing the firm's carbon footprint..."
"I have many female and LGBT colleagues. The recruitment committee are very alive..."
"Your role as a trainee varies greatly depending on what department you are in. The..."
"I have not worked on any pro bono projects specifically but I know Bristows does..."
"Everyone is extremely competent and really friendly."
"Only having one office means that international secondments are not available for..."
"I attended a two-day workshop and immediately loved the atmosphere of the firm. I..."
"The firm is generally very good and tries to keep most people on if it can. As we..."
"The firm is over 180 years old."
"A tech powerhouse."
"To improve communication. At times it feels like we're needlessly being kept in the..."