"Ambitious, driven and welcoming."
- Trainees are given a variety of high-profile work from a very early stage.
- There’s a lack of hierarchy and a welcoming culture so people of all levels feel approachable.
- Hours are seen as being less demanding and more flexible than at similar firms.
- Facilities in the offices are largely thought of as being very good.
- Some feel that technical systems could be updated.
- There could be more clarity surrounding seat applications.
- There could be an increase in the amount of formal training.
- Overall salary is seen by some as below market rate.
What insiders say about...
"Understand what is important to the firm ie sectors and growth."
"Friendly and inclusive both in and out of hours. There's a flat hierarchy and trainees..."
"We receive all necessary Solicitors Regulation Authority training, as well as further..."
"There is no trainee mentorship or buddy system with new qualifiers, which I think..."
"The firm moved to these offices around four or five years ago. The facilities, including..."
"Browne Jacobson appreciate that there is life outside of work and encourage you to..."
"It's good for trainees outside of London but could be better in the City. Pay for..."
"They randomly give away freebies or treats with no announcement a few times each..."
"What can't you do? What other firms do you see as our competition? Tell me about..."
"We are paperless as much as possible and have recycling bins throughout the offices...."
"We are very progressive when it comes to working from home and flexible working for..."
"I am involved in working for real clients on real cases and supervised to the right..."
"Perhaps the firm could be involved in more schemes but there are some available if..."
"Getting real responsibility from a very early stage in the training process. Within..."
"There's some lack of organised process to help cope with fast-paced growth."
"The culture of the firm and the approachability of people I met at a law fair."
"Retention rates have been fine historically. However, they will have gone from around..."
"The Nottingham office has a little garden that regularly hosts events such as fireworks..."
"Forward-thinking and supportive with a 'can do' attitude."
"All supervisors should receive consistent training as experiences with them, including..."