"Approachable, insightful and driven."
- Trainees are given a variety of high-profile work from a very early stage.
- There’s a lack of hierarchy and a welcoming culture so people of all levels feel approachable.
- Hours are seen as being less demanding and more flexible than at similar firms.
- Facilities in the offices are largely thought of as being very good.
- Some feel that technical systems could be updated.
- There could be more clarity surrounding seat applications.
- There could be an increase in the amount of formal training.
- Overall salary is seen by some as below market rate.
What insiders say about...
"Interviews with the firm are all about your own personal experiences in a working..."
"There's a good work/life balance and regular social events that make Browne Jacobson..."
"There's a wide variety of training programmes available, both externally and in-house,..."
"I have come across partners in each team I have worked in who continue to give advice..."
"All offices are well located and close to train stations, making it easy to commute..."
"Late evenings and weekends are sometimes required, which I expected. Equally, I can..."
"It is fairly competitive in relation to the market, but it's not top of the market...."
"There's a subsidised cafe at the Nottingham office and a good commercial benefits..."
"What have you done that is exceptional? Tell me about a time when you have had to..."
"I think the firm needs to put more time and effort into its green initiatives. We..."
"The firm is focusing on accepting people from all backgrounds and has a strong culture..."
"I am assigned a really good quality of work and have had exposure to a lot of quite..."
"I know the firm does pro bono in different areas."
"The level of support and the work environment. The quality and variety of work and..."
"An occasional lack of uniformity regarding levels of supervision across different..."
"The culture of the firm and the approachability of people I met at a law fair."
"I believe the retention rates in the firm to be very good. The firm sees its trainees..."
"The Nottingham office has a brilliant cafe called No44 and it does delicious chocolate..."
"A friendly and inclusive underdog that's growing."
"More transparency with us regarding our seat choices and career goals."