"The people make it a great place to work."
- Trainees are given a variety of high-profile work from a very early stage.
- There’s a lack of hierarchy and a welcoming culture so people of all levels feel approachable.
- Hours are seen as being less demanding and more flexible than at similar firms.
- Facilities in the offices are largely thought of as being very good.
- Some feel that technical systems could be updated.
- There could be more clarity surrounding seat applications.
- There could be an increase in the amount of formal training.
- Overall salary is seen by some as below market rate.
What insiders say about...
"The hiring process includes an application form, a telephone interview, psychometric..."
"The culture at the firm is really good, there's a lot of give and take here. The..."
"I have been really satisfied with the firm's internal training programme. A key training..."
"The open-plan office encourages you to approach solicitors and partners for work...."
"The London and Manchester offices are very modern and impressive. The Birmingham..."
"Hours vary from department to department. I am typically in work at 8.30 am and leave..."
"There could be more transparency as I have no idea what the new qualifier salary..."
"They randomly give away freebies or treats with no announcement a few times each..."
"What have you done that is exceptional? Tell me about a time when you have had to..."
"We are primarily a paperlite office with a huge emphasis on recycling. All food packaging..."
"The London office is predominantly made up of male fee earners. We also have very..."
"It varies each day but is never boring or repetitive."
"The firm is involved in a number of pro bono schemes and tries to provide opportunities..."
"It's generally a very friendly and supportive firm to work in with great clients,..."
"The firm has grown very quickly and it doesn't always seem like we are all moving..."
"I attended a presentation at university on health and litigation that was given by..."
"The retention rates are good. However, it is dependent on the number of trainees..."
"All five offices did a mannequin challenge competition for charity. Birmingham smashed..."
"Forward-thinking and supportive with a 'can do' attitude."
"A buddy system where new qualifiers help trainees would be good."