"Friendly, relaxed and personable."
- Trainees are given a variety of high-profile work from a very early stage.
- There’s a lack of hierarchy and a welcoming culture so people of all levels feel approachable.
- Hours are seen as being less demanding and more flexible than at similar firms.
- Facilities in the offices are largely thought of as being very good.
- Some feel that technical systems could be updated.
- There could be more clarity surrounding seat applications.
- There could be an increase in the amount of formal training.
- Overall salary is seen by some as below market rate.
What insiders say about...
"I was recruited through a vacation scheme. This involved a written application, a..."
"Everyone works together in a mixed environment and there is an open-door policy...."
"Before attending the office we completed the finance and advocacy modules of the..."
"Informal training and mentoring is excellent. All senior members of staff and partners..."
"The London offices are great and we have a very impressive client suite."
"Working hours are technically 9.00 am to 5.00 pm but this really does vary depending..."
"It's good for trainees outside of London but could be better in the City. Pay for..."
"We have a subsidised café on site named No 44. The food really is delicious and..."
"I was asked what my reasons and motivations were for applying to the firm and wanting..."
"We try to make no plastic waste and recycling bins are everywhere. We're going paper..."
"I think the firm is doing very well when it comes to LGBT and women as there's very..."
"We're given responsibility from day one and this includes client interaction. The..."
"The London office still has a long way to go but I think the other offices are better...."
"Getting real responsibility from a very early stage in the training process. Within..."
"It sometimes feels like there's a lack of structure in seat allocation and the pay..."
"I was a paralegal at Browne Jacobson prior to commencing my training contract so..."
"The retention rates are good. However, it is dependent on the number of trainees..."
"The Manchester office has recently found a permanent home in the middle of Spinningfields...."
"Diverse and accepting."
"More discussion between trainees and HR/partners over where you would be interested..."