"Friendly and rewarding."
- Trainees are given a variety of high-profile work from a very early stage.
- There’s a lack of hierarchy and a welcoming culture so people of all levels feel approachable.
- Hours are seen as being less demanding and more flexible than at similar firms.
- Facilities in the offices are largely thought of as being very good.
- Some feel that technical systems could be updated.
- There could be more clarity surrounding seat applications.
- There could be an increase in the amount of formal training.
- Overall salary is seen by some as below market rate.
What insiders say about...
"Understand what makes Browne Jacobson different and explain why you want to work..."
"The culture at the firm is really good, there's a lot of give and take here. The..."
"We complete four seats and rotate every six months on the training contract. During..."
"Individuals are accessible and helpful throughout the firm's hierarchy. I interact..."
"All offices are well located and close to train stations, making it easy to commute..."
"It's very flexible, everyone has laptops and can work from home."
"There could be more transparency as I have no idea what the new qualifier salary..."
"You get a seat allowance if you do a seat in an office that is not your 'home office'..."
"There were questions on teamwork, using my initiative, when I had received criticism/negative..."
"We try to make no plastic waste and recycling bins are everywhere. We're going paper..."
"It's an extremely good and fair firm to work at."
"The quality of work is really amazing with a huge number of trainees managing their..."
"There is limited pro bono work in the firm and it doesn't appear to be prioritised..."
"The level of support and the work environment. The quality and variety of work and..."
"Some teams having trouble keeping up with the recent rapid changes to the legal environment...."
"I had worked as a paralegal in the firm and liked what I saw. There are partners..."
"Historically the firm has had high retention rates for trainees but our year is the..."
"We have practically doubled our trainee intake within the last two years."
"Friendly, welcoming, driven."
"More flexibility with seat choices and locations."