"Forward thinking, welcoming and collaborative."
- Trainees are given a variety of high-profile work from a very early stage.
- There’s a lack of hierarchy and a welcoming culture so people of all levels feel approachable.
- Hours are seen as being less demanding and more flexible than at similar firms.
- Facilities in the offices are largely thought of as being very good.
- Some feel that technical systems could be updated.
- There could be more clarity surrounding seat applications.
- There could be an increase in the amount of formal training.
- Overall salary is seen by some as below market rate.
What insiders say about...
"I was recruited through a vacation scheme. This involved a written application, a..."
"Everyone works together in a mixed environment and there is an open-door policy...."
"There is a trainee development programme that covers certain core skills to complement..."
"There is no trainee mentorship or buddy system with new qualifiers, which I think..."
"Nottingham is generally nice but it's a bit dated compared to the offices in London..."
"Hours are generally good. We're currently moving towards a much more agile working..."
"The pay is reasonable for a trainee in the area."
"You get a seat allowance if you do a seat in an office that is not your 'home office'..."
"I was asked about my background and academics as well as further questions about..."
"We have lots of initiatives to reduce the firm's carbon footprint and to look after..."
"The London office is predominantly made up of male fee earners. We also have very..."
"I generally have a lot of client contact through meetings or on the phone. I have..."
"The Nottingham office does do pro bono work but I think that the other offices could..."
"The level of support and the work environment. The quality and variety of work and..."
"The firm has grown very quickly and it doesn't always seem like we are all moving..."
"It's the biggest in the area, with a great reputation for atmosphere and work/life..."
"Retention rates are generally good at Browne Jacobson and jobs are offered where..."
"The managing partner and CEO produced their own version of Peter Kay's car share,..."
"Friendly and ambitious."
"More discussion between trainees and HR/partners over where you would be interested..."