"Friendly, relaxed and personable."
- Trainees are given a variety of high-profile work from a very early stage.
- There’s a lack of hierarchy and a welcoming culture so people of all levels feel approachable.
- Hours are seen as being less demanding and more flexible than at similar firms.
- Facilities in the offices are largely thought of as being very good.
- Some feel that technical systems could be updated.
- There could be more clarity surrounding seat applications.
- There could be an increase in the amount of formal training.
- Overall salary is seen by some as below market rate.
What insiders say about...
"Understand what makes Browne Jacobson different and explain why you want to work..."
"The firm has a really wonderful and supportive environment that's great to work in...."
"There's a wide variety of training programmes available, both externally and in-house,..."
"This can be incredibly team dependent as there isn't much of a focus on supervisor..."
"Our offices are generally really lovely with good locations. Everything is very Nottingham-focused,..."
"The office has an emphasis on work/life balance and I can count on my hands the number..."
"There are no bonuses for first years and there isn't a substantial difference between..."
"They randomly give away freebies or treats with no announcement a few times each..."
"I was asked what my reasons and motivations were for applying to the firm and wanting..."
"There is a reasonable amount in place with good recycling schemes and no.44 (the..."
"An extremely diverse firm with opportunities to develop and progress that are open..."
"I get a good mix of work and am allowed to run with matters within a supportive environment...."
"I have assisted a disabled client in their appeal against their Personal Independence..."
"The people are great. They're non-hierarchical, friendly and willing to spend time..."
"The IT and operational systems could be better."
"It had a good reputation with a variety of practice areas."
"The rates are good and have been around 85% recently."
"The Nottingham office has a brilliant cafe called No44 and it does delicious chocolate..."
"Ambitious, friendly, approachable."
"More formal training and better cross-office socials."