"A welcoming, accepting and exciting law firm."
- Trainees are given a variety of high-profile work from a very early stage.
- There’s a lack of hierarchy and a welcoming culture so people of all levels feel approachable.
- Hours are seen as being less demanding and more flexible than at similar firms.
- Facilities in the offices are largely thought of as being very good.
- Some feel that technical systems could be updated.
- There could be more clarity surrounding seat applications.
- There could be an increase in the amount of formal training.
- Overall salary is seen by some as below market rate.
What insiders say about...
"Understand what is important to the firm ie sectors and growth."
"The culture at the firm is really good, there's a lot of give and take here. The..."
"We complete four seats and rotate every six months on the training contract. During..."
"There is no trainee mentorship or buddy system with new qualifiers, which I think..."
"Our offices are generally really lovely with good locations. Everything is very Nottingham-focused,..."
"It's generally a 9.00 am to 5.00 pm job and is rarely more than 8.00 am to 6.00 pm...."
"Pay is slightly below average and differs between departments. Bonuses are good and..."
"There's a firm party every January."
"I was mostly asked questions surrounding my experience and why I would be a good..."
"People are generally quite conscious but I haven't seen any particular initiatives..."
"Diversity within the firm could be improved. However, equality and the treatment..."
"The quality of work is great and not just form-filling."
"I know the firm does pro bono in different areas."
"The firm is very friendly and the people are very approachable, whatever level they..."
"The work/life balance is fair, but still busy."
"After approaching them at a legal careers fair, I really liked the culture of the..."
"Retention rates have been fine historically. However, they will have gone from around..."
"We have a great rooftop in London and a lovely garden in Nottingham that make lunch..."
"Friendly, bright and ambitious."
"I think there could be better communication from HR in places."