"Friendly and ambitious."
- Trainees are given a variety of high-profile work from a very early stage.
- There’s a lack of hierarchy and a welcoming culture so people of all levels feel approachable.
- Hours are seen as being less demanding and more flexible than at similar firms.
- Facilities in the offices are largely thought of as being very good.
- Some feel that technical systems could be updated.
- There could be more clarity surrounding seat applications.
- There could be an increase in the amount of formal training.
- Overall salary is seen by some as below market rate.
What insiders say about...
"Speak to as many people as possible, attend law fairs, do as much reading as you..."
"There is a really good work/life balance. There are plenty of social activities organised..."
"I have not had a lot of specific formal trainee training sessions and much of the..."
"Open-plan offices make people very accessible and everyone I have approached has..."
"All offices are well located and close to train stations, making it easy to commute..."
"Some departments have heavier workloads than others. This is law, I get it, but you..."
"As a first year trainee, I think the pay is reasonable."
"Our moving expenses and estate agent fees are covered (to a capped maximum). There's..."
"Sell yourself in 60 seconds – why should you get the training contract? Describe..."
"We have biodegradable cartons and cutlery in No 44 ( the café) and we are working..."
"The firm has a really good commitment to diversity, which is visible throughout the..."
"I've been exposed to good-quality work with commercial clients daily."
"There is limited pro bono work in the firm and it doesn't appear to be prioritised..."
"The firm is very friendly and the people are very approachable, whatever level they..."
"The technology could be improved, but we have grown rapidly within the last few years..."
"I was a paralegal at Browne Jacobson prior to commencing my training contract so..."
"Retention rates are generally good at Browne Jacobson and jobs are offered where..."
"The trainee challenge this year includes a bike ride, a sleep out and a trek."
"Friendly and rewarding."
"More clarity on the seat moving process."