"Friendly, relaxed and personable."
- Trainees are given a variety of high-profile work from a very early stage.
- There’s a lack of hierarchy and a welcoming culture so people of all levels feel approachable.
- Hours are seen as being less demanding and more flexible than at similar firms.
- Facilities in the offices are largely thought of as being very good.
- Some feel that technical systems could be updated.
- There could be more clarity surrounding seat applications.
- There could be an increase in the amount of formal training.
- Overall salary is seen by some as below market rate.
What insiders say about...
"Interviews with the firm are all about your own personal experiences in a working..."
"Browne Jacobson is an amazing place to work. There is no hierarchy and, due to our..."
"We have good networking events but I think there could be more formal training."
"Our mentors are generally helpful with feedback and criticism."
"The offices are all really nice and in good locations. The London office has great..."
"Some departments have heavier workloads than others. This is law, I get it, but you..."
"It is fairly competitive in relation to the market, but it's not top of the market...."
"You get a seat allowance if you do a seat in an office that is not your 'home office'..."
"I was asked a few standard competency questions. I was asked to explain the difference..."
"We have biodegradable cartons and cutlery in No 44 ( the café) and we are working..."
"The firm has a really good commitment to diversity, which is visible throughout the..."
"I was given responsibility from day one. One of the first pieces of work that I was..."
"There are a lot of pro bono opportunities and general local community volunteering...."
"Getting real responsibility from a very early stage in the training process. Within..."
"I've had some problems working around budgets."
"It had a reputation as a national law firm with an emphasis on regional offices...."
"Retention rates are generally good at Browne Jacobson and jobs are offered where..."
"We have a great rooftop in London and a lovely garden in Nottingham that make lunch..."
"Forward thinking, welcoming and collaborative."
"A buddy system where new qualifiers help trainees would be good."