"Forward thinking, welcoming and collaborative."
- Trainees are given a variety of high-profile work from a very early stage.
- There’s a lack of hierarchy and a welcoming culture so people of all levels feel approachable.
- Hours are seen as being less demanding and more flexible than at similar firms.
- Facilities in the offices are largely thought of as being very good.
- Some feel that technical systems could be updated.
- There could be more clarity surrounding seat applications.
- There could be an increase in the amount of formal training.
- Overall salary is seen by some as below market rate.
What insiders say about...
"Understand what makes Browne Jacobson different and explain why you want to work..."
"Everyone works together in a mixed environment and there is an open-door policy...."
"We have a great external consultant who comes in to deliver training."
"Our mentors are generally helpful with feedback and criticism."
"The Manchester office is in a great location and is a great environment to work in...."
"The firm is reasonably flexible around working hours and allows for working from..."
"The pay is good for the region but doesn't reflect the fact that many of our second-year..."
"They randomly give away freebies or treats with no announcement a few times each..."
"What have you done that is exceptional? Tell me about a time when you have had to..."
"I think the firm needs to put more time and effort into its green initiatives. We..."
"In terms of gender ratio, I would say that there are many women in the firm, even..."
"Depending on the size of the matter, the work I am assigned varies significantly...."
"The firm is involved in a number of pro bono schemes and tries to provide opportunities..."
"The firm's culture is really amazing and supportive. It doesn't matter where you..."
"Supervision across the different teams can be quite inconsistent."
"The culture of the firm and the approachability of people I met at a law fair."
"Historically the firm has had high retention rates for trainees but our year is the..."
"The managing partner and CEO produced their own version of Peter Kay's car share,..."
"Vibrant, inclusive, innovative and kind."
"Better communication around the training contract including on making seat choices...."