"Friendly, experienced and pragmatic."
- Trainees are given a variety of high-profile work from a very early stage.
- There’s a lack of hierarchy and a welcoming culture so people of all levels feel approachable.
- Hours are seen as being less demanding and more flexible than at similar firms.
- Facilities in the offices are largely thought of as being very good.
- Some feel that technical systems could be updated.
- There could be more clarity surrounding seat applications.
- There could be an increase in the amount of formal training.
- Overall salary is seen by some as below market rate.
What insiders say about...
"I was recruited through a vacation scheme. This involved a written application, a..."
"Our open-plan office breaks down the hierarchy and not having assigned desks helps..."
"There is a lot of formal training provided and this is generally good and very useful...."
"Our mentors are generally helpful with feedback and criticism."
"I am currently in the firm's new Manchester office, which is amazingly open, light..."
"The firm is reasonably flexible around working hours and allows for working from..."
"There are no bonuses for first years and there isn't a substantial difference between..."
"We get discounted tickets to theatre events, beer festivals, concerts and sporting..."
"What have you done that is exceptional? Tell me about a time when you have had to..."
"A conscious effort is made to improve efficiency and reduce the firm's carbon footprint,..."
"Diversity within the firm could be improved. However, equality and the treatment..."
"I have been given a variety of work at different levels of difficulty and responsibility...."
"I know the firm does pro bono in different areas."
"The culture is what sets the firm apart and is what makes it a great place to work..."
"The trainee salary is slightly lower than some other comparable firms."
"The culture and work/life balance."
"Retention rates are generally good at Browne Jacobson and jobs are offered where..."
"We have a great rooftop in London and a lovely garden in Nottingham that make lunch..."
"Ambitious, driven and welcoming."
"It would be helpful to get more information about seat moves sooner."