"A national law firm."
- Trainees are given a variety of high-profile work from a very early stage.
- There’s a lack of hierarchy and a welcoming culture so people of all levels feel approachable.
- Hours are seen as being less demanding and more flexible than at similar firms.
- Facilities in the offices are largely thought of as being very good.
- Some feel that technical systems could be updated.
- There could be more clarity surrounding seat applications.
- There could be an increase in the amount of formal training.
- Overall salary is seen by some as below market rate.
What insiders say about...
"There's an online application, psychometric tests, a telephone interview and an assessment..."
"The firm is friendly and there is a genuine open-door policy. The feeling of a hierarchy..."
"The training has definitely improved in the last year but I think there could be..."
"I have had good experiences with solicitors and partners wanting to mentor me and..."
"The Nottingham office is well placed near the train station and courts. The facilities..."
"It depends on your department and the business need. I have worked in a seat where..."
"There could be more transparency as I have no idea what the new qualifier salary..."
"We have a subsidised café on site named No 44. The food really is delicious and..."
"I was asked questions about my CV, the answers in my online application, myself and..."
"We try to make no plastic waste and recycling bins are everywhere. We're going paper..."
"It's an extremely good and fair firm to work at."
"I assist partners on complex matters, draft documents and deal with smaller matters..."
"I have no idea if we do it at all. I gather that trainees are not exposed to it."
"The people are welcoming, friendly and always willing to help and facilitate our..."
"The IT and operational systems could be better."
"It had a reputation as a national law firm with an emphasis on regional offices...."
"The rates are good and have been around 85% recently."
"The Manchester office has recently found a permanent home in the middle of Spinningfields...."
"Friendly and fun with great people."
"A buddy system where new qualifiers help trainees would be good."