"Supportive, inclusive and friendly."
- Trainees have genuine responsibility, receive good contact with clients and are actively involved in the firm's work.
- The general ethos and culture of the firm are very collaborative and friendly, and socialising is encouraged.
- The retention rate for trainees has historically been exceptionally high.
- There are many initiatives and incentives in place to help the firm be environmentally friendly with a low carbon footprint.
- Many trainees feel their pay is not as competitive as it used to be.
- There aren’t as many options for flexible working as many trainees would like.
- More secondment opportunities would be appreciated.
- The firm has an evident commitment to diversity but this area still needs improvement.
What insiders say about...
"Be yourself. This firm wants you to have a personality, interests and hobbies."
"Hours are becoming increasingly long, however the firm is putting increasing efforts..."
"There are frequent technical training sessions in each department. It is also possible..."
"I have found the firm to be good at providing feedback and willing to take time out..."
"We have fantastic offices, locations and facilities. The dress code is professional..."
"The firm is flexible with commitments, but Mon-Fri leaving time can be unpredictable..."
"Pay as a trainee is very good. There's a limited increase between the first and second..."
"Good social club which offers discounts/cash back on tickets to cinema/events/theatre...."
"As with all big commercial firms, the recruitment process is rigorous. The online..."
"Why Bristol? Why Burges Salmon?"
"Dedicated building design with green credentials. Promotion of cycling/walking to..."
"I think the firm has good intentions but I'm not convinced that this translates entirely..."
"There's a good mix of research, drafting and administrative work. We get lots of..."
"I've only worked on one project. The firm champions volunteering days but this is..."
"There's great training, social activities, friendliness, support and career guidance...."
"Sometimes I think we work as hard as other competitors in London but get paid less..."
"It's the best firm in Bristol and I get the same quality of work as at a London firm..."
"They have been 100% this year."
"We have an unofficial mascot, a gorilla statue in the foyer that I think is called..."
"A genuinely nice place to work."
"The firm does seem to attract a range of applicants, both in terms of personality,..."
"Give trainees an advance on their first month's salary when they join. It's a long..."