"Collegiate, hard working and traditional."
- Trainees have genuine responsibility, receive good contact with clients and are actively involved in the firm's work.
- The general ethos and culture of the firm are very collaborative and friendly and socialising is encouraged.
- The retention rate for trainees has historically been high.
- There are many initiatives and incentives in place to help the firm be environmentally friendly with a low carbon footprint.
- Some trainees feel their pay is not as competitive as it used to be.
- There isn’t as much transparency around seat allocations as many trainees would like.
- More secondment opportunities would be appreciated.
- The firm has an evident commitment to diversity but this area still needs improvement.
What insiders say about...
"Each person will do an assessment day (interview, Watson Glaser test and a group..."
"Partners are generally very approachable and the more senior fee earners often seem..."
"There are so many training sessions going on from legal/department/sector specific..."
"You generally have to ask for feedback if you want it. You do usually get recognition..."
"The office itself is great - modern, airy and well laid out. The facilities are also..."
"The firm is flexible with commitments, but Mon-Fri leaving time can be unpredictable..."
"I would say our salary is high, especially considering that Bristol has much lower..."
"The best perk is the cake trolley on Fridays and the general influx of cakes and..."
"Assessment day - talk from partner, group exercise, tour of firm, Watson Glaser test,..."
"I was asked about my vacation scheme, my background and aspirations and then provided..."
"The firm recently banned disposable coffee cups, which was a really good initiative...."
"There are lots of events and initiatives run with an emphasis on diversity, inclusion..."
"I've had some really high-quality work. People go out of their way to give you proper..."
"We have two volunteer days per year. I read at a local school every other week and..."
"The size of the firm (e.g. number of lawyers, trainees and staff). The firm is large..."
"Use of trainees can vary from department to department. You get more responsibility..."
"The breadth and quality of work, the six-seat training system and the sense from..."
"As of June 2015, we have already heard who is being kept on, the retention rate was..."
"The first trainee intake had seven trainees, one of whom is now a head of department...."
"Friendly, well regarded and sector-focused."
"The firm does seem to attract a range of applicants, both in terms of personality,..."
"Offer flexibility with our working hours and location."