"Good fun and down to earth."
- Trainees have genuine responsibility, receive good contact with clients and are actively involved in the firm's work.
- The general ethos and culture of the firm are very collaborative and friendly and socialising is encouraged.
- The retention rate for trainees has historically been high.
- There are many initiatives and incentives in place to help the firm be environmentally friendly with a low carbon footprint.
- Some trainees feel their pay is not as competitive as it used to be.
- There isn’t as much transparency around seat allocations as many trainees would like.
- More secondment opportunities would be appreciated.
- The firm has an evident commitment to diversity but this area still needs improvement.
What insiders say about...
"Make sure you have a reason for wanting to work in Bristol and understand the unique..."
"The people are the highlight of working here at Burges Salmon and being an individual..."
"The training has been excellent with a variety of training classes and some very..."
"Senior lawyers are always very approachable although sometimes they are a little..."
"We have a great office space, location and facilities (we have a foosball table,..."
"Working hours can be long but are not extreme."
"Trainee and new qualifier pay could be increased to match our competitors and trends..."
"The social club puts on a variety of good, subsidised events. For example, a weekend..."
"Assessment day - talk from partner, group exercise, tour of firm, Watson Glaser test,..."
"If law wasn't available to you, what career would you pursue?"
"The firm has a 'green week' and is committed to reducing its carbon footprint. It..."
"Female partners are few, people of colour fewer. I don't question the firm's commitment..."
"I have always been given a good mix of work and a lot of responsibility. In both..."
"We are given two days a year to work on pro bono projects. I have mentored some year..."
"Good work/life balance. Great location. Fantastic colleagues."
"The firm is not proud enough about being from Bristol and having big Bristol-based..."
"The impressive portfolio of renewable energy work and the access to London work in..."
"The firm has a good record for retaining trainees on qualification, so we are pretty..."
"We have statues of Gromit (named Lancelot) and a Gorilla (named Bert) in our lobby...."
"Ambitious and traditional with excellent work."
"Quite a bit of community work - we invite children from local schools in to experience..."
"Better supervisor training and guidance for more consistent standards against which..."