"Friendly, driven, balanced."
- Trainees have genuine responsibility, receive good contact with clients and are actively involved in the firm's work.
- The general ethos and culture of the firm are very collaborative and friendly and socialising is encouraged.
- The retention rate for trainees has historically been high.
- There are many initiatives and incentives in place to help the firm be environmentally friendly with a low carbon footprint.
- Some trainees feel their pay is not as competitive as it used to be.
- There isn’t as much transparency around seat allocations as many trainees would like.
- More secondment opportunities would be appreciated.
- The firm has an evident commitment to diversity but this area still needs improvement.
What insiders say about...
"Research the firm thoroughly and understand what it does and where it is going. Understand..."
"The firm has a strong culture. There is little hierarchy in most departments and..."
"Training varies department to department. I have found the training to be fantastic..."
"It varies across departments and will depend on what supervisor you get."
"We have excellent facilities and the standard of the firm's accommodation is excellent...."
"Work hours are reasonable for a firm of this nature. There are days when you have..."
"Pay is good at the junior level but less competitive as you move up."
"We get money back on theatre and cinema tickets as well as discounts in restaurants..."
"Hard to say how easy or difficult it is! There is an application form, which is long..."
"I was asked about my vacation scheme, my background and aspirations and then provided..."
"There is a sustainable committee that works towards reducing the firm's carbon footprint...."
"It's certainly getting better but there is a long way to go. It's encouraging that..."
"There is a good mix of basic tasks that allow us to learn how things work (eg proofreading..."
"The firm is very committed to pro bono and charity work, giving all employees two..."
"The great people and culture. We have an enjoyable work environment both in terms..."
"There are not many secondment opportunities. And in my experience there is no clear..."
"I applied for the vacation scheme as I liked the variety of work, six-seat training..."
"Very good. The whole of my intake have been offered jobs."
"We have a Burges Salmon band complete with partners rocking out to chart toppers...."
"Supportive and friendly with great-quality work."
"Quite a bit of community work - we invite children from local schools in to experience..."
"In my role I could potentially have more client contact."