"A collegiate and inclusive place to work."
- Trainees have genuine responsibility, receive good contact with clients and are actively involved in the firm's work.
- The general ethos and culture of the firm are very collaborative and friendly and socialising is encouraged.
- The retention rate for trainees has historically been high.
- There are many initiatives and incentives in place to help the firm be environmentally friendly with a low carbon footprint.
- Some trainees feel their pay is not as competitive as it used to be.
- There isn’t as much transparency around seat allocations as many trainees would like.
- More secondment opportunities would be appreciated.
- The firm has an evident commitment to diversity but this area still needs improvement.
What insiders say about...
"Do research the firm to appreciate its key branding (such as the fact that we are..."
"The culture is fantastic, both in the office and after hours. Cooperation and teamwork..."
"There are frequent technical training sessions in each department. It is also possible..."
"I think the firm is exceptional in this regard. We sit with our supervisor (normally..."
"The firm has nice offices. Each trainee shares an office with their supervisor. Enforcement..."
"It depends on the department but I would say that, on average, I work from 9.00 am..."
"Previously (about five years ago) the salary was considered very good for working..."
"Excellent cake. There is even a cake trolley that brings cake to each floor on a..."
"Hard to say how easy or difficult it is! There is an application form, which is long..."
"I was asked questions about a recent business article, moral dilemmas relating to..."
"We have had a 'green week' to increase awareness of how we can reduce our carbon..."
"The firm is committed but it will take a while for it to become more diverse. Although..."
"The level of responsibility can be high - if you want the work it's up to you to..."
"The firm offers two paid charity days a year and all lawyers are encouraged to utilise..."
"Great people, fantastic café and a cake trolley that comes to your floor each Friday...."
"Sometimes the great ideas and appetite for change at the top don't always filter..."
"The breadth and quality of work, the six-seat training system and the sense from..."
"It is 100% this year although not everyone got their first choice. If you are strong,..."
"The trainees organise a trainee weekend away once a year. Last year's included a..."
"Genuinely lovely, with a welcoming vibe that encourages you to get involved."
"The firm allows less privileged students to apply. Our first years are all cut from..."
"More transparency about seat moves and qualification."