"Friendly, approachable, supportive."
- Trainees have genuine responsibility, receive good contact with clients and are actively involved in the firm's work.
- The general ethos and culture of the firm are very collaborative and friendly and socialising is encouraged.
- The retention rate for trainees has historically been high.
- There are many initiatives and incentives in place to help the firm be environmentally friendly with a low carbon footprint.
- Some trainees feel their pay is not as competitive as it used to be.
- There isn’t as much transparency around seat allocations as many trainees would like.
- More secondment opportunities would be appreciated.
- The firm has an evident commitment to diversity but this area still needs improvement.
What insiders say about...
"Do research the firm to appreciate its key branding (such as the fact that we are..."
"There is a hierarchy but politics is generally kept to a minimum and everyone is..."
"There are frequent technical training sessions in each department. It is also possible..."
"People are accessible and sitting in one room with your supervisor means you can..."
"The firm has nice offices. Each trainee shares an office with their supervisor. Enforcement..."
"Core hours are 9:15am-5:15pm, but you are expected to work beyond that. Those hours..."
"Bonuses could be more generous but basic pay is very good."
"There are subsidised fitness classes, theatre subsidies and a Friday cake trolley...."
"As with all big commercial firms, the recruitment process is rigorous. The online..."
"If you weren't a lawyer, what would you do? What other firms have you applied to?..."
"There are huge efforts in terms of sustainability."
"I think the firm is trying to shift but our progress has been slow. I don't think..."
"The quality of the work is good as you are involved with big matters. As with anywhere,..."
"I've only worked on one project. The firm champions volunteering days but this is..."
"Being based in Bristol means we generally have a good work/life balance compared..."
"Hours can be unpredictable in some departments."
"The people I met during welcome evenings, assessment centres and vacation schemes..."
"Retention is very high. Recruitment is hard initially but they generally get who..."
"There's never been a partner named Salmon at the firm."
"Modern. Intelligent. Commercial."
"We run a number of initiatives, such as access to law, and try and play as large..."
"More transparency and honesty over seat choices."