"Friendly, collaborative and successful."
- Trainees have genuine responsibility, receive good contact with clients and are actively involved in the firm's work.
- The general ethos and culture of the firm are very collaborative and friendly and socialising is encouraged.
- The retention rate for trainees has historically been high.
- There are many initiatives and incentives in place to help the firm be environmentally friendly with a low carbon footprint.
- Some trainees feel their pay is not as competitive as it used to be.
- There isn’t as much transparency around seat allocations as many trainees would like.
- More secondment opportunities would be appreciated.
- The firm has an evident commitment to diversity but this area still needs improvement.
What insiders say about...
"We are based chiefly in Bristol but have a national and international focus. Think..."
"It's really cooperative and supportive. People are very honest and open as well as..."
"Regular training is available firm-wide and within the departments. Some departments..."
"This is very constructive as we get consistent and continuous feedback. All levels..."
"The office is really nice and modern and the dress code is smart casual."
"When there's a deal on, hours are long. When there's not a deal on, you're not expected..."
"As a trainee, the pay is excellent and I have no complaints. However, as you progress..."
"I think the best perks are the healthcare and pension. Employees can also receive..."
"As with all big commercial firms, the recruitment process is rigorous. The online..."
"I was asked a variety of competency questions and morality questions, such as how..."
"A lot goes on behind the scenes including using rainwater for internal plumbing and..."
"The firm is reasonably good with regards to diversity. The female partner rate needs..."
"I am relied upon by my team and have a lot of responsibility with high-quality clients...."
"We are given two days per year to spend on pro bono projects. This is as well as..."
"Responsibility, independence, support, training and the community."
"There are not many secondment opportunities. And in my experience there is no clear..."
"I applied for the vacation scheme as I liked the variety of work, six-seat training..."
"Retention rates are generally good and as long as I keep up my current performance..."
"There is a giant red gorilla statue in the canteen."
"Ambitious and traditional with excellent work."
"Quite a bit of community work - we invite children from local schools in to experience..."
"More transparency around the way seats are allocated."