"Welcoming, driven, sociable."
- Trainees have genuine responsibility, receive good contact with clients and are actively involved in the firm's work.
- The general ethos and culture of the firm are very collaborative and friendly and socialising is encouraged.
- The retention rate for trainees has historically been high.
- There are many initiatives and incentives in place to help the firm be environmentally friendly with a low carbon footprint.
- Some trainees feel their pay is not as competitive as it used to be.
- There isn’t as much transparency around seat allocations as many trainees would like.
- More secondment opportunities would be appreciated.
- The firm has an evident commitment to diversity but this area still needs improvement.
What insiders say about...
"I did the vacation scheme so I believe there was an online form, an assessment day..."
"During office hours the firm has a fairly relaxed culture and the hierarchy is quite..."
"Regular training is available firm-wide and within the departments. Some departments..."
"There's very good access to partners and senior lawyers who are willing to give feedback..."
"We have fantastic offices, locations and facilities. The dress code is professional..."
"Generally, there is a level of flexibility. There's not a face-time culture. You..."
"Previously (about five years ago) the salary was considered very good for working..."
"Half-price cinema, theatre and gig tickets. Discount at local restaurants, bars and..."
"The interview I had on the back of the vac-scheme was brief and not too strenuous..."
"You will probably be asked why you want to work in Bristol and why you want to work..."
"There are huge efforts in terms of sustainability."
"There is a vocal commitment to diversity and it is being put into practice but the..."
"At this stage, my contact with clients is still quite limited to daily emails, the..."
"There's lots of corporate social responsibility but very little pro bono."
"The people; the quality and variety of work and seats available."
"Seat moves and qualification processes can sometimes be unclear and the firm feels..."
"The culture. They are a very friendly and welcoming bunch that respect your previous..."
"Retention rates are really high so there's not a threatening or competitive atmosphere..."
"There is a cake trolley on a Friday afternoon."
"A collegiate and inclusive place to work."
"The firm does seem to attract a range of applicants, both in terms of personality,..."
"Change the grading system. I think the focus should be on development rather than..."