"A collegiate firm with an international reach."
- Trainees have genuine responsibility, receive good contact with clients and are actively involved in the firm's work.
- The general ethos and culture of the firm are very collaborative and friendly and socialising is encouraged.
- The retention rate for trainees has historically been high.
- There are many initiatives and incentives in place to help the firm be environmentally friendly with a low carbon footprint.
- Some trainees feel their pay is not as competitive as it used to be.
- There isn’t as much transparency around seat allocations as many trainees would like.
- More secondment opportunities would be appreciated.
- The firm has an evident commitment to diversity but this area still needs improvement.
What insiders say about...
"Find out about some legal and commercial issues that interest you and be prepared..."
"The firm is very friendly. During the work day there is an attempt to ensure you..."
"I think there are always courses to enrol yourself on, but you have to take the initiative..."
"There's great informal support and people always have time for you. A feedback culture..."
"We have excellent offices, it's a shame that the area is slightly lacking in shops/bars/cafés...."
"My hours are great. We compete with City firms for the same work, but we somehow..."
"Excellent. Salaries are not numerically as much as that of a London trainee but the..."
"We have a weekly cake trolley that comes round the firm on Friday afternoons. Usually,..."
"The interview I had on the back of the vac-scheme was brief and not too strenuous..."
"I was asked a variety of competency questions and morality questions, such as how..."
"The office is littered with contraptions that help reduce the building's carbon footprint..."
"The firm is committed to diversity and has the right policies and support in place..."
"It varies depending on the department (larger departments with higher numbers of..."
"We are given two days a year to work on pro bono projects. I have mentored some year..."
"The firm encourages a very collaborative and friendly culture."
"There's a limited number of amenities in the immediate vicinity of the office (eg..."
"The culture, the location, the six-seat training contract structure, the high trainee..."
"The rates are very good and pretty much everyone gets offered a job at the end of..."
"This year the trainees organised a firm-wide charity event called 'I'm a partner,..."
"Friendly, dynamic and collaborative."
"We run a number of initiatives, such as access to law, and try and play as large..."
"Provide qualification leave."