"Friendly with quality service and training."
- Trainees have genuine responsibility, receive good contact with clients and are actively involved in the firm's work.
- The general ethos and culture of the firm are very collaborative and friendly and socialising is encouraged.
- The retention rate for trainees has historically been high.
- There are many initiatives and incentives in place to help the firm be environmentally friendly with a low carbon footprint.
- Some trainees feel their pay is not as competitive as it used to be.
- There isn’t as much transparency around seat allocations as many trainees would like.
- More secondment opportunities would be appreciated.
- The firm has an evident commitment to diversity but this area still needs improvement.
What insiders say about...
"The firm's interview was the nicest interview I experienced when I was applying for..."
"The people are friendly and the partners are genuinely approachable. They take time..."
"The training is exceptional. There are both legal training programmes and training..."
"Every trainee has a supervisor, a 'people team' contact and a buddy. This is really..."
"The firm's Bristol and London offices are excellent. The dress code is smart - suits..."
"It varies between departments and how busy they are, but on average I leave before..."
"As a trainee, the pay is good. However, I think it should be more in line with London..."
"We get membership of a 'social club' that gives discounts in a number of local bars,..."
"I did a straight training contract process. This consisted of an assessment day (group..."
"I was asked various questions. There were some about my hobbies and I was also asked:..."
"The firm recently banned disposable coffee cups, which was a really good initiative...."
"Numbers of female partners are slowly increasing. Promotion issues are not transparent...."
"I am given responsibility and support. I have limited direct client interaction;..."
"The firm is committed to corporate responsibility and charity work, but there is..."
"Being based in Bristol means we generally have a good work/life balance compared..."
"Sometimes there seems to be an inequality in the division of work among trainees..."
"I studied at Bristol University and wanted to stay in the city. From that, the firm..."
"The retention rates at the firm are generally very good - it is usually only a couple..."
"We have a Shaun the Sheep statue in our atrium."
"A nice place to work."
"Quite a bit of community work - we invite children from local schools in to experience..."
"In my role I could potentially have more client contact."