"Bristol-based with London work. Better hours and better lifestyle...."
- Trainees have genuine responsibility, receive good contact with clients and are actively involved in the firm's work.
- The general ethos and culture of the firm are very collaborative and friendly and socialising is encouraged.
- The retention rate for trainees has historically been high.
- There are many initiatives and incentives in place to help the firm be environmentally friendly with a low carbon footprint.
- Some trainees feel their pay is not as competitive as it used to be.
- There isn’t as much transparency around seat allocations as many trainees would like.
- More secondment opportunities would be appreciated.
- The firm has an evident commitment to diversity but this area still needs improvement.
What insiders say about...
"I applied for a vacation scheme (I was successful after an interview at an assessment..."
"Even though there is a hierarchy in place, it is not evident when working as part..."
"Training is very thorough and covers a lot of bases. The recent use of new external..."
"There's very good access to partners and senior lawyers who are willing to give feedback..."
"Nice swish offices. Good facilities and an excellent restaurant and coffee bar. No..."
"It varies from department to department and I've luckily not left past 8.00 pm in..."
"Pay for trainees is excellent. Bonuses could be improved. I think trainees who go..."
"Monthly drinks, socials, parties and events are regular. You can get money back for..."
"I had to complete an application form, and was then invited for an assessment day...."
"The interviews are encouraging and convivial. They're not trying to catch you out...."
"There is a big commitment to reducing our carbon footprint. For example, we are encouraged..."
"As an LGBT member of the firm, I can say that commitment to diversity is on the forefront..."
"There's a good range of work and the chance to take initiative and control of matters..."
"So many corporate social responsibility activities occur each year and they are always..."
"All of the 'extras' the firm offers, including the sports clubs, charity events,..."
"A lack of transparency in the HR seat process."
"I did not want to work in London and I knew Burges Salmon did a lot of high-quality..."
"As of June 2015, we have already heard who is being kept on, the retention rate was..."
"There's a wine bar downstairs."
"Hard working and driven, with decent people."
"The firm allows less privileged students to apply. Our first years are all cut from..."
"In my role I could potentially have more client contact."