"Collegiate and friendly with high-quality work."
- Trainees have genuine responsibility, receive good contact with clients and are actively involved in the firm's work.
- The general ethos and culture of the firm are very collaborative and friendly and socialising is encouraged.
- The retention rate for trainees has historically been high.
- There are many initiatives and incentives in place to help the firm be environmentally friendly with a low carbon footprint.
- Some trainees feel their pay is not as competitive as it used to be.
- There isn’t as much transparency around seat allocations as many trainees would like.
- More secondment opportunities would be appreciated.
- The firm has an evident commitment to diversity but this area still needs improvement.
What insiders say about...
"Know the firm. Commercial awareness is important. Be proactive and think beyond what..."
"The hierarchy varies between departments but generally it's a fairly flat structure..."
"The training is exceptional. We get a lot of support, not just the day-to-day legal..."
"The partners and other lawyers are usually very supportive. Having said that, supervisors..."
"The offices are fantastic. Spacious, clean, a decent amount of natural light and..."
"It depends on the department. In transnational and disputes seats, there are pressures..."
"I think the pay and bonus package has become outdated. We constantly hear about other..."
"We have a good social club with sponsored events and sporting groups."
"Assessment day - talk from partner, group exercise, tour of firm, Watson Glaser test,..."
"What other law firm would you apply to if Burges Salmon didn't exist?"
"The firm is very good at green work and makes a real effort to make it as easy as..."
"The firm has a very good attitude to diversity when it is recruiting, yet I feel..."
"As trainees we are very much involved in deals and given a great deal of exposure..."
"I haven't done a lot of it, although there is some pro bono work around. The firm..."
"The working atmosphere. Everyone is genuinely very nice and accommodating. People..."
"The lack of secondment opportunities."
"How genuine, supportive and friendly the people are."
"Retention rates here are excellent! This year, all trainees were offered their first..."
"There's never been a partner named Salmon at the firm."
"A nice place to work."
"The firm allows less privileged students to apply. Our first years are all cut from..."
"Give trainees an advance on their first month's salary when they join. It's a long..."